main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Me thinks i found something...(Hope that lucas reads the EU)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord_Ogli, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    TTT - DFR, p-287.

"Still laughing, C'baoth raused his hand and sent a flash of blue lightning toward them.
    Skywalker caught the bold on the blade of his lightsaber, and for an instant the green of the blade was surrounded by a blue-white coronal discharge."

Sound in any way familliar? I don't know if its been picked up on before, but hey, i'm sure it'll still have purists pulling their hair out :D

2. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    It's certainly synchronous with the latest film, right down to the aural description; dunno if Lucas directly used the passage, though.

3. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    It would be a mighty coincidence though wouldn't it.

4. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    He doesn't read it.

It only makes sense that energy absorbs energy.

5. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    He doesn't read it.

he does, actually, or at least some of it. he was a big fan of Dark Empire especially - not only read it but handed out copies as Xmas gifts and recommeneded it to all his friends. whether or not he read TTT specifically is another story...

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Um, that is a normal thing to do. When someone streams lightning at you, and you have a lit blade in your appendage, you use it to block.

Nothing uncommendable about that.

7. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    IIRC, Luke actually deflected some of Palpy's lightning in the RotJ novel.

8. Wraith_18

Wraith_18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    Let's not forget that the name of Coruscant is Tim Zahn's, IIRC. Purists be damned.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    TTT - DFR, p-287.

Do you have the hardcover? Cause I have the paperback of DFR and the quote you posted doesn't appear on 287 in my copy, but rather 309.

IIRC, Luke actually deflected some of Palpy's lightning in the RotJ novel.

Not with his lightsaber he didn't. He did so with the Force, something Yoda appears to do in AotC. Return of the Jedi novelization, chapter 8, pages 159-160:

He hurled his lightsaber away. "Never! Never will I turn to the dark side! You have failed, Palpatine. I am a Jedi, as my father was before me."

The Emperor's glee turned to a sullen rage. "So be it, Jedi. If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed."

Palaptine raised his spidery arms to Luke: blinding white bolts of energy corsucated from his fingers, shot across the room like sorcerous lightning, and tore through the boy's insides, looking for ground. The young Jedi was at once confounded and in agony -- he'd never heard of such a power, such corruption of the Force, let alone experinced it.

But if it was Force-generated, it could be Force-repelled. Luke raised his arms to deflect the bolts. Initially, he was successful -- the lightning rebounded from his touch, harmlessly into the walls. Soon, though, the shocks came with such speed and power, they coursed over and into him, and he could only shrink before them, convulsed with pain, his knees buckling, jis powers at ebb.

10. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    No, i have the paper back and it is on p. 287.

Very strange. U must have more rubbish in the beginning of your edition.does chapter 1 start on p.7 of your book?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.