main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Meanders Inn

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Meanders, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    With extra alcahahol ;)

2. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    I've been numb practically all day. Had a bit of a cry in the car, but I don't think the realisation has fully hit me yet...

3. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    *raises glass* Here's to you DLA

4. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    Last night's 'Celebration for Steve' was wonderful. So many people turned up to his funeral, and to the party. It was really touching.

I finally got to sample Mrs Meanders spring rolls!! Heaven! I also made a new friend. The lovely other half of DD!

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Last night was a wonderful celebration, there were tears, laughter and memories galore. It was a tribute worthy of Steve and so many people made it special. His mother told me that there were about 300 at the funeral, and it felt like it. The little messages we were given that he'd written before he left us were so special.

Two days ago I was driving home from work and saw a rainbow, I remember smiling and saying "Hey Steve" and then I chose my 'piece of paper' out of the silver bowl and opened it and it read "Whenever you see a rainbow, know its me just saying hello" I couldn't stop crying after that.....my daughter said he was there, she said he was slouched in the large chair at the front of the church smiling.

LittleTinGoddess likes this.
  6. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    I'll pass on the spring roll compliments LTG. :)

7. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Everyone keeping warm, its cold this week *snuggles next to the Meanders Inn fire*

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The nights are cold but the days aren't too bad. Hope everyone is keeping warm too.

9. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    *snuggles and keeps warm*
    *then over heats as suddenly the temp reaches 10+ the what it was the day before*
    *rushes out the back to get the summer gear, puts it on, enjoys it for 3 days*
    *Only to have the temp drop back down to the normal - need 3 layers to keep warm, for the next 3 days until it heats up again*

. . . My Inner British seems to be coming out :p
    *accent* Unpredictable weather we are have old sport, I say would you like some tea and scones?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    You seemed to have summed that up pretty accurately.

Don't mind if I do, tea and scones sound perfect ;)

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Two days ago was Dark Lord Alfs birthday, he would have been 34.....tonight there is a celebration underway for his would be birthday, with a Spiderman cake and all. I hope he's there! Sadly I'm not 100% well tonight and PadmeDurron is at a party (South) that I need to collect her from as her father is out for the night. Oddball Fluxrifle is not well either so he and I are 'chillin' like 'villians' tonight for an early night before we go out with LittleTinGoddess and her husband for a movie in the morning. So, those at the party, have a wonderful time, share the love.

12. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    At the end of the month with have RFL, and then we have the NXP and then we need to make a date for the SXP, as well as a List.
    . . .
    That makes sense right?

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't know what those abbreviations but I have a rough idea.

How are you?

Also how is everyone? It's been mighty quiet at the moment.

14. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004

OK

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Robin!

16. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    I suspect that its been a busy month, but dont you worrry about it, they will return. . .or something .
    RFL - Relay For Life - 26/27 Oct 2013
    NXP - Norwood Christmas Pageant - 23rd Nov 2013
    SXP - SAFF Christmas Picnic. - Undecided.
    Possibly we could make it the Same day as the Pageant, just all head over to the Parklands for the Arvo, bring hot chips.

17. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    How was everyone's weekend?

Apparently I've been a member for 7 years now. Time flies!!

18. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    I know, creepy huh! I have been here nearly 10 years :p
    I was in High school! Ep 3 was coming out soon! . . . there where so many people here. . .:p
    Jawa Juice anyone?
    How was your weekend LTG?

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not quite 10 years Kooky, next year in June is your 10 years, I had my Ten years this year.....and computers were all the rage! LOL!!! No one had a mobile phone back then, and if they did they weren't the slick touch screens we use today! iPad's were something you either saw on Star Trek or read about on the X Wing Series....

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Gosh, we seem to be of different eras Addie. Next March be 12 years for me. Let me see... there was school (ugh) and the awkwardness of dating and school dances. AOTC was about to come out. We were about halfway through the New Jedi Order. Nintendo's Gamecube was about to launch with Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader. The Gameboy Advance was going well as a handheld while those that didn't have one played snake on their mobiles. Everyone was either on ICQ or MSN. The message boards were alive with the excitement for the new films. We also had the second installment to The Lord of the Rings set to come out too and.... ah yes... the year after I got to meet Matthew Reilly for the first time.

21. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    I got my first mobile phone when I was 16, which was 2000. Good ole' Nokia 5110.

22. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    Even 7 years ago there was a fair bit of activity!
    Not too bad, thanks. Saturday, we had a kid's party to attend, then went to Bracegirdles at Glenelg (*drool). Sunday we went to Mannum, to watch the Bathurst final at OP3's cousin's house.

How was yours?

23. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Pretty Quite, I now play SWTOR (online Star Wars game) and it is AWESOME! I love it and I try very hard to make sure it does not consume me. . .but it is so good! such fun! so beautiful!
    I am also working on a surprise for this week ends Relay for Life, so thats coming along well.

24. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    8th of Dec 2013
    SAFF X-MAS PICNIC
    (facebook Link)

Bring your Ball and your Bat, Your footy and lightsaber. . .any maybe sunscreen, and have a nice (non-costume) get together with friends. Discuss the year, and dream big for the year ahead.
    TIME - 12pm onwards.
    Place - Botanic Park, about where it always is.
    See you there.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003