main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Meanders Inn

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Meanders, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you. :)

Gone from painting feathers on a Struthiomimus to painting a gown on a Princess.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  2. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Things have wrapped up for now only to go head first into E3 coverage and will end with Supanova… what a week..

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    That sounds fun! how did you thingy go?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The animation was submitted on time and I am proud of the hard work I had put into it. Of course, after investing a long time developing it and to have it set to submit.. you are too close to it and always see things that need more work but that is an artist's curse. Just have to tell yourself that it fine, or get someone to tell you and move onto the next element. *sigh* These things are never released willingly, they escape.

Not everything I had set out to have in it made it but I do have an opportunity to go back and polish off things and restore cut elements and such. I will need a moment recovery before getting stuck back into that.

E3 was great, since it was held at L.A. the coverage stream was from 2-2:30am our time onward. I felt Nintendo had hit it out of the park as almost every new announcement/reveal is on my "Must Get!" list.

Supanova was packed far more than usual, probably due to Stan Lee being there as special guest. I went to his panel and was a lot of fun, Ming Na even popped in during that to say hi to Stan. I did picked up something from WETA's cave there… was hard to pick which to get as I want almost everything they have.

How is everything going for you?

5. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    That sounds So exciting! I am glad you had a great time! :) Cool figurine as welll! sooo coool. . .

I totally get the 'just one more thing to fix'. . .because there will be always one more thing. . .always. . .But I handed up all my exams and stuff on time and I do believe I passed, will find out at the end of the week.

Our house got a new bathroom, and floors (and a coat of paint) in 3 weeks, so I am now back in my old room which is my new room with fresh paint, new floor boards and light fittings. Thats really cool. At work, the Head chefs wife had a baby boy, and for the next 4 weeks i am working with an old friend, which is really cool! got a few weeks off from school, to get ready to go back and start all over again with new subjects! YAY!

Got any plans for the future atm?

6. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Soo. . .cause I spend way too much time thinking of things that don't matter. . .it occurred to me . . .that QUI-GON DIED!!! . . . with just a stab of a saber right??. . . Sad, logical. . . . . BUT . . .DARTH MAUL LIVED!!!! WHAT THE ??? THATS NOT FAIR!! The bad guys not Only survived being CUT IN HALF!! he had a whole second wind, played with his brother and everything! . . . *angry loud Sulks*

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You are more than right Kooky. By the idiotic standards created by Maul living, EVERYONE should live. I mean, Anakin survived, so why did Qui Gon die!?!? One hole as opposed to 90% burns and loss of limbs and being cleaved in two!?!?! It's stupid!!!

On a side note, the founder of this establishment has turned 50 Standard years the past 4 days and I for one would like to wish him a wonderful day!

8. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Hippo Bird Day!!! to where ever he is now :p

Also a few days ago it was Adalia-Durron Birthday :p Hippo Bird Day Addie !

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I forgot to wish the Empress of the EUC a happy birthday in Meanders Inn but I did do so over in the BMC. ;)

I hope everyone is well and safe.

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Empress, that amuses me. You all...amuse me :p Does that sound royal and regal enough?

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Close enough :p

Was there any Hoppopotamus or Butterbears?

12. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Wherever you left them? I suppose ? I dont know. . .

Jawa Juice?

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    They must have been hanging out with Bumblelion, Eleroo, Rhinokey and the rest of the Wuzzles. Oh well.

I'll pass on the Jawa Juice, thank you. Would you like one?

14. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    I can't Jawa Juice and Draw sorry :( Much homework, less time and so easy to get distrac. . .oh look a shiny thing!

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    *Sits by the counter, drawing while sipping on a hot chocolate*

Hope your projects are going well too, I_am_Kooky

16. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    ONLY HAVE ONE TO GO!!! I Am So so excited! I have a group of the best class members and we are going to make a game. An actual playable game. Its gonna be awesome! I will post some art work later when I am on my other computer.

Hows life going for you Corellian_Outrider ?

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yay, not long to go for you! That is so kool about the game! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. :)

Things are going well so far. Polished up my short animation and the sound design and is under review for the moment and hopefully be selected for the screening. Also had my graduation ceremony from uni today… bit surreal.

18. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Double Post!

19. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Congratulations! thats amazing! now you out in the big wide scary world!! Dont forget your towel!

[​IMG]

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Aye, with a dinosaur-dragon hybrid by my side :p thanks for the towel too!

Also, that is looking lovely!

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  21. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    That looks awesome.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  22. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Thankyou! the Metresgained! *hugs*

Enjoy SupaNova this Weekend people! (SA)

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    How did Supanova go?

24. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    This is gonna sound like a stupid question, but is anyone heading over for Celebration next year? I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of heading over and for how long as well. I figure if I'm travelling to the other side of the world I may as well soak it up!

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Hi Darth Sone , I would love to go to Celebration but cannot at the moment.

I have listened to coverage and travel guides in the past and have a rough idea what to expect. With the one at Orlando, there was a collaboration with the Disney Parks there and it was pretty much a week long celebration. Since this one is at Anaheim and that Disney be somewhat involved, no doubt that there be another collaboration between the two. So you might want to get in a few days before to familiarise yourself to acclimatise and familiarise yourself with the location.

Best to book your hotel ASAP as reservations to the ones closer to the venue will either be filling up or already booked out by now.

There is a forum dedicated to Celebration Anaheim but if I hear any further information on my end about tips or tricks, I can also add it to here too and let everyone one that are interested in going know :)

26. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Happy New Year
    May the force be with you.