main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Meant to Be (Sabewan viggie - 2nd part in Sabé's P.o.V)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Meant to Be
    by obi's girl

Summary: Obi-Wan reflects on his life, the failure, the pain and the loss of woman he loved...what could have been between them. Sabewan fanfic.
    Rating: PG
    A/N: Yet another Sabewan fanfic to add to my list of only 3 fanfics.
    Dedication: This was inspired by SobiFan and your lovely new layout for SO?? Feel free to copy this and archive this there.
    Disclaimer: I am no George Lucas, nor am I man. But I am a hopeless Sabewan ?shipper, playing around with that other part of the SW universe.

The end. I never thought there would be an end to my life. There was never any real closure to my life as a Jedi Master. I served the Jedi and the Republic for more than thirty-five years, I'd always believed I would continue to serve them until my death, whenever that would be. I haven't even died but yet, I have in a sense. I am no longer the man I was when all of this started.

I was so young and naive to the happening's around me. I was really stuck up to, thinking I was better than everyone else. Vanity, the belief that you're better than anyone, is the curse of the Jedi. Vanity is what killed my Padawan and made him an agent of evil, I failed him, I'd failed Qui-Gon but most of all, I'd failed Padmé. I felt sorry for her for all that she had lost but yet, I couldn't stop thinking about what I had lost myself. Or what I told myself I could never have anyway.

I had a chance at happiness too like my Padawan, but instead, I decided to look the other way because I thought it would have been selfish of me to go against the Order and love her. She was so heartbroken when I chose the Order over her, after all we'd shared together, I'd forsaken her.

Sabé Maberrie.

She couldn't understand why I'd leave her after many years of love between us. Every memory shared, the little moments we had together, didn't seem to matter to me, she said. They did matter to me, I'd held them close to my heart. The only problem was that I feared for what would happen to us or even worse, her, one day if she'd ever leave me or die possibly. There were so many reasons why I let her but now that I've lost everything, I want nothing more than to take back all that I said to her.

I thought my decision was for the common good. I thought I was doing us a favor by stopping things before I felt that all too familiar pain of heart break. Despite my words and the harsh words she said to me, the pain I thought would be less, I felt stab my heart ten times over.

I betrayed her. For the next couple weeks in the Temple, I delved deeply into my work. Sparring matches, deep meditation, anything to keep my mind off the woman I let go; or rather the woman I turned my back on. I thought about calling her a couple times to tell her I was sorry and didn't mean what I said to her, but I never did.

Many times over the years, I'd dreamt about our life together, past and future. The past was hard to think about but the future held different outcomes for us. Some of those outcomes were better than some. I started doubting myself more. Was I wrong to leave her? The Code forbids emotional attachments but ours was already very deep, I didn't know how to ignore it.

Sometimes, at night, I'd have visions of her. Deep brown eyes, soft blonde hair, flowing around her white sun dress, overlooking the sunset on Naboo. The more I'd look, the more I realized the dress wasn't just a sun dress but her wedding dress. The wedding dress she'd never wear because of my stupid decision.

It was a stupid decision.

One strange day, I decided to look her up. I wasn't shocked to find she had a thriving career of her own, Foreign Ambassador, a job behind the desk. Padmé helped her get the position, I knew, or maybe she did it on her own. She was a very independent person. I remember scrolling down the holo screen and finding she had an address on Coruscant.

Despite my own selfish objections not to see her, I copied the file to a holopad and went out to look for her. I wasn't expecting to be called on a mission with Anakin anytime so

2. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Wow. That pretty much is wow. Poor Obi Wan, how could he let her go twice!
    Brilliant viggie I loved it.

3. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Poor Obi-Wan. I know "It is better to love and lost than to have never loved at all." But love should never be given up. Wonderful job as usual!

4. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, it's so sad! What a shame that they took this path. I suppose Sabé found some happiness, but we'd really need to see her POV to know. (Yeah, that's a hint for another story.)

Keep up the good work. :)

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I suppose Sabé found some happiness, but we'd really need to see her POV to know. (Yeah, that's a hint for another story.)

Keep up the good work.

It is very sad Obi-Wan and Sabé did not end up together. Another part, you saw, Jazzy :D Hmm, maybe.

~aeryn

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Summary: Sabé?s thoughts about Obi-Wan, the break-up, the marriage to her fiancé, the reunion and yet, second break-up.

??I can?t believe you?re saying this to me... Every memory we shared, the little moments we had together, doesn?t matter to you, does it, Obi-Wan?? I cried, tears clouding my brown eyes as he sullenly nodded yes. When he asked me to meet him in park not far from the Temple, I thought it meant he was going to propose to me and spend the rest of the day with me. Our affair, our love story had been kept a secret from the public as well as the Jedi Council but I think they knew at some point what was going on between us. They had to have known for him to make this decision to leave me.

The only thing was, I thought I mattered more to him than the Order. He?d told me such on many occasions, if he were ever forced to choose, he?d choose me in a heart beat. Obviously, he?d lied to me all those times he held me in his arms. I was such a fool to believe everything he told me, I only believed him because I thought he meant them.

?Sabé, please understand?.I?I?m sorry but it has to be this way. The Code forbids such attachments as ours,? he said, ?I know it?s not what you want to hear but this has to end.?

I huffed, crossing my arms as I had my back turned to him. I didn?t want to look at his face, it sickened me to look into his blue eyes and realize all that was he saying, his heart said to. I simply waved his hand and then darted from the park, anger and sadness swelling in my heart. I ran forever, sometimes, looking behind myself, hoping I would see his boots running after me but they were never there.

I finally found myself at my apartment. I stood there, staring at all the miscellaneous objects that reminded me of my time with him. I scowled, marched to my dresser, brushing all the frames aside and tossing stuff around in general. As I sat there on the bed, I screamed, letting out all the pain and sorrow I?d been keeping in since I left the park.

How could he leave me like this? How could he choose the Order over me and break my heart? So many angered questions flew through my head and none of the answers made sense.

~~
    Years later, staring blankly out the window at the passing hover cars and at the restless life of Coruscant, my thoughts returned to that day in the park. Over the years, I tried to forget about that awful day but one way or another, when I wasn?t thinking about my position as the Foreign Ambassador or the next legislation that needed to be passed in the Senate, I would stare out the window and think of him.

He would be in his 14th year as a Jedi Master. His apprentice never even knew of our affair but she was sure, now that Anakin was older, he knew. It had become difficult, with her busy schedule, to even see him at the Temple. Funny, after all that had happened between them, the harsh words I said him that day, I always thought about seeing him. Maybe it was because I hoped if I did, he?d apologize for breaking my heart and tell me what he did was a mistake, and we?d be together again.

It was a childish fantasy, I knew. But it hurt less to think about it because there would be happy ending. He was only a teen crush, the dimples in his cheek, the sparkle in his blue eyes and mischievous grin?I was the lucky handmaiden. I never dreamed he?d feel something for me. I know the other handmaidens were so jealous of me when I told them about that special connection between us but I know, they were happy for me too.

We were inseparable after that. He was a young Jedi Master, but me, I didn?t have any pressing responsibilities so there was nothing to tie me down or stop me from seeing him. I loved him so much, I knew one day if it ever ended, it would hurt more than any other pain I?d felt in my life.

But it did end, and I never looked back but yet, at night, I still dreamed about him.

~~

?Sabé Maberrie,? he smiled, kneeling before me with a ring. Everyone else in the park, stared in awe at our public display of affection. ?I would be honored if y

7. SobiFan

SobiFan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    That was so sad :( I loved it though :( But Sabé can't marry Caleb!!!! :_| but, she did, so... I'll go cry now.

Oh, and BTW, I archived this on Fate Forbidden :D

*sniffles*

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Your archive is going to bigger than the one I have at Fated to Be :( Hmm, need to search for more fic to add.

Also, I have a little Sabewan poem for you all. Follow the link. Blessed

I wrote it not too long after I edited the hard copy.

~aeryn

9. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I was hoping you would write a sabe pov and you did yay! Oh God that was so sad! so many lost chances. I know this sounds weird but I feel most sorry for Caleb. I also love your poem. Keep up the good work!

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks Hananiah :D

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.