main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Medal of Honor: Airborne offically announced

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I hope that one day, a developer is bold enough to make a WWII from the German Perspective.

2. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Wrongo, the interest is WWII games is far from fading. They still are pretty successful, and WWII has not been overdone. There still are a lot more battles to played out. No offense, just don't play them if your'e sick of them. Some of us still like them.

3. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    What you say is true, but there has been numerous occassions when I would play level in a WWII game and I would ask myself "Wasn't I here in the last game?" or "That other WWII game has this same level" or "This is the 3rd time I have fought on this beach....all in 3 different games"

So in a essence WWII games will soon start to overlap each other. THAT is why I stress the fact that developers needs to put some attention on the Pacific Theater of the war because it is always the European aspect that gets the attention.

People forget that Iwo Jima, Miday, Phillipines, Okinawa, Guadalcanal etc etc etc were all major battles in the War.

So from the European Theater perspective, WWII is starting to be played out. It isn't played out yet, but maybe so in the next 3-5 years. From a Pacific Theater perspective, the surface hasn't even been scratched yet.

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    This game does sound interesting, though I have to agree that we have been getting far too many European theater games. I'm getting bored with fighting germans in the same battles over and over. I would like to have some more variety and the Pacific war fits the bill perfectly. Iwo Jima, Okinawa, the Philippines, and etc etc etc would all be very fun to play IMO.

5. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    I agree with almost all of you. The creators ,like some of you said, should focus more on the Pacific battles. And what would be cool if they could make us gamers be a German for once! Damn that would be so awesome.

6. Grillbu_Fett

Grillbu_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2005
    A friend of mine lend me MoHAA, and I couldn't stop playing. Yes, those missions are unidimensional, but very interesting. I played all day, 18 hours, and I was so surprised as I finished the last mission, the escape from Fort Schmerzen. I think about buying MoH:Warchest.

Erm, I think it is very questionable to let a WWII-egoshooter solely play the German side. You see, I am German, and as I played Battlefield 1942, I really didn't like to play the Germans, because I always had in my mind what they were fighting for, and that cannot be supported. I think that a game with a title like "The Iron Cross", the highest medal in the "Deutsches Reich", is definitely a nono.[face_shame_on_you]

7. DARTH_VRUC

DARTH_VRUC Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2004
    - talking about neglected fronts, eh? I can tell you one- the Eastern Front, which ironacally was the most importaint front of the war. And the largest land, tank and air battles were fought there. The Battle of Kursk is actually the largest battle in history.
    Yet, 4 years of fighting involving tens of millions of soldiers and hundreds major battles are covered by... two FPS's?
    What I'd like would be a shooter that covers at least a few battles in Eastern Europe, both from russian and german perspective (I'm getting really tired by the whole tabu playing as german).
    Here we have a Airborne game-I bet most people have no idea about german/soviet airborne operations, let alone things such as the Manchurian ofensive...

8. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Someone should come out with some Civil War games.

It's not a very exciting shooting game if you can only shoot your gun 2 times a minute. [face_plain]

As far as the new MOH game it looks good. I don't really trust the franchise though cause they haven't made a really great game since Frontline came out several years ago.

EDIT: How do you think people fighting and dying in World WarII would think if they knew what they were dying and suffering for would be turned into games for entertainment?

9. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I was reading the previews and looking at the screenshots for this game and I must say it looks great. I'll be one of the few to be getting a PS3 so I'll be getting this. I love the Medal of Honor games. My favorites are Frontline and European Assault. So far, this game sounds and looks amazing.

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    EDIT: How do you think people fighting and dying in World WarII would think if they knew what they were dying and suffering for would be turned into games for entertainment?

Ask the Gladiators that question.

11. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Give it a rest Sith, it'd just a game. By the way, I have an uncle who served in WWII, saw extensive combat, and he happens to play some of these games. I am Gulf War vet and I play the Gulf War themed games. If it bothers you so much, don't play them then. Some of like to play them.

12. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    I don't care what the Germans were fighting for. It's just freakin' game. Get over it. Jeez.

13. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    War games don't bother me at all. I'd rather play war on a console than in real life.

14. commander32

commander32 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm definatly picking up this game when it comes out. Another war era that could be attempted is WW1.

15. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    Sounds like fun, Ill probably just end up renting it though, as I dont buy very many games.

Sccrman95

16. Grillbu_Fett

Oct 6, 2005
    Now, I don't want to play the upholder of moral standards, but every videogame must have a storyline that connects the maps you're playing, and in a WWII-shooter I would find it questionable to play the German storyline. Germans are quite thoughtful when it comes to WWII.

Enough of that stuff.

Played the add-ons of MoH:AA, Spearhead and Breakthrough. Nice work, maybe a little short. I think you should play the add-ons first and then MoH:AA, although the last mission of Breakthrough, Monte Cassino, was very hard for me.

17. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    I've always felt that if you're going to make a WWII game, than atleast make a German campagin. Regardless of what Nazis did, it should not reflect the German soldiers who did as they were told in a time where they needed this kind of morale boost. I always felt bad how the Germans were portrayed in some films, as either stupid or evil demons in large, shiny uniforms.

18. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    A World War I game would be interesting. I would like to see that, a civil war game, a Korean War game, and another WWII Pacific War game.

IMO another Battlefield game set in any one of these wars would be the best. I love those games (with the exception of the upcoming BF2142 piece o' crap looking game).

19. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    How would you know if you've never played it?

20. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Is playing through D-Day for the 6th time any different than playing through the battle of hoth for the 6th time?

I'm looking foward to this game a lot as finally theres one dedicated solely to the Airborne and hopefully we'll get to fight in Italy for a change. Though I'm all for Market Garden and Bulge missions as well.

21. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    Were they the ones that held off the bridge?

22. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    That'll be awesome, like having it where you fight in Germany's Blitzkrieg campaigns in 1940, which brought western Europe under Nazi occupation.

Anyway I look foward to the new medal of honor (hope it comes out on PS2 or PS3). I wonder if EA Games are going to make a MOH Rising Sun 2 cause I would like to know what happened to Joe's brother who's still captured bu Commander Shima.

23. Grillbu_Fett

Oct 6, 2005
    I fought in Italy when playing Breakthrough. I wrote that the mission of Monte Cassino was hard, but altogether, Breakthrough is a very difficult add-on IMO. There were several times when I ran low on ammo for my rifle and my MP, and then I was forced to use the Beretta. That was quite thrilling because the Beretta sounds unbelievable in comparison to the Colt from MoH:AA and has a clip of 15 bullets. That was awesome.=P~
    I got used to fighting with a pistol that much that I tried some missions from MoH:AA solely with the Colt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.