main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Media Bias (and war reporting)...Fox News, the BBC, and more!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Darth_Punk, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutter_Monkey

Gutter_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Yes, I beleve you did just see a report of fairness by Pat Buchanai..however the hell you spell it. I couldn't belive it either.

Media bias is a big problem, but I honestly don't understand the whold 'liberal bias' part of it. I don't see it, does anyone else?

And why do some people insist on using the term 'media elite'? Is there some secret soecity that I don't know about it? And how come the people who use this term seem to be demigogs themselves, with thousands of words of print of theirs being published, and hundreds of hours of airtime dedicated exclusively to thier own hot air?

2. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    There was a time when each news program was required to give opposing viewpooints. (Fairness rules, they were called.) At the time, there were only three major networks: ABC, NBC, and CBS. Now, FOX has it's network, and there are countless news shows and networks. Because of this, no one network is required to have opposing viewpoints, because the belief is that opposing viewpoints can be found on other networks.

3. Gutter_Monkey

Gutter_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Yea, but I find that to be less then true on American TV.

4. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Sure it is, especially when people like Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch breath down newsanchors necks, telling them exactly what to say, which is always the Republican party line.

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
  6. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Obi-Ewan: PPOR

Ciou-See the Sig

7. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    Your topic title should of also included CNN.

8. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Sometimes I wonder if FOX News has a idea of "fair and balanced" based on conservative bias.

But one should take into consideration the literal monopoly on television media that liberal bias has.

The most blatenly evident would without a doubt be CNN. (Owned by Ted Turner who has addmitted to having a agenda against both the right and Christians.)

I like FOX as far as war reporting because they report BOTH positive and negative aspects of the war in Iraq.

One drawback of FOX is tendency to report meaningless and mundane News about a endangered animal being moved from its natural habitat to a aquarium. (For exmaple.)

<[-]> Saber

9. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I like FOX as far as war reporting because they report BOTH positive and negative aspects of the war in Iraq.

You'd like to believe that wouldn't you?

There was a point when I read nearly ten to twenty newspapers everyday from around the world a few months ago before Bush's 'Mission Accomplished' Top Gun stint.

It was a disgrace the amount of misinformation Fox News reported. It was like watching a U.S. Pep Rally. Your best bet is to read, read, read, everything, from everywhere, put all the information together and come up with a significant conclusion on what is happening.

If you read CNN online, also read BBC, and the Guardian, and the Christian Science Monitor, and the Washington Post and the Independent, etc. etc. etc. Just read as much as you can.

Don't have to explain this to New Yorkers. STAY AWAY from the NEW YORK POST. That is the worst tabloid ever to see print.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.