FF:SA Media stuff in the lead up to Ep 3

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by starfire-phoenix, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who here listens to nova?? I couldn't believe how much everyone bagged Tony on the breakfast show for liking SW this morning? They took a poll and it was a draw. Some people have never even seen SW?? Insane.
  2. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    I gave up listening to Nova when they started bagging Star Wars fans...idiots!!

go have a look at the Big Brother site, S-P - most of the bimbos on there this time around haven't ever seen a SW movie....silly little girls.

Lots of the girly girls at Uni haven't seen it either...am I seeing a pattern emerging here?
    :)
  3. thaira Jedi Knight

Im a girly girl :D And I shock everyone when I mention I like computer games let alone star wars, but most think its great after the initial shock dies down *lol* Just saying you cant always judge by appearance.
  4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I like older music and listen to 102.3, but that's cool because Chris Dzelde is a Star Wars Geek and proud of it. The other day something about the movie was mentioned in the news and he actually cut into the news "Did I hear you say Star Wars? Star Wars was in the news! Did you lot hear that?!" Made me laugh....
  5. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    btw...that guy from Nova was at the screening this morning...along with heaps of other media types, so expect there to be a flood of stuff about the movie and Star Wars in general now...
    :D

(no, you can't judge by appearance....I've been judged like that and it ain't nice. Just that I've actually sat in tutes etc with these girls and they're like...oh, Star Wars...that's such a boys movie - blurgh! I'm a bit of a girly girl at times too)

6. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I still cant fathom why all these "MEDIA PERSONALITIES" get to see sneek previews of the film before all of us diehards. What makes them so special?
    Most of them really arent fans anyway.
  7. Paw-of-Arcticfox Jedi Knight

star 1
    as long as you remain a Balanced Human, then these things hurt not........

....ask Fox a few questions about things of such nature - but only after the movie is over....

- Fox tollerates 'in the movie talkers', not.

8. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    evil-incarnate posted on 5/11/05 1:35am
    Most of them really arent fans anyway.

/>

They get to see it early because it's a conspiracy mate ;)/>/>
  9. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    I am not a conspiracy...

oh whoops....hee hee.

I'm a conspiracy theory.

10. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm with E-I on this. I reckon it's rude !!
  11. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I often wonder about that myself!!!!!

Diehards they are not...
  12. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    there were a few diehards there today...

Steve and Cat among them...was good to catch up with them again, they've been busy 'doing up' Greater Union at Marion with all sorts of SW props...will be awesome to see.

There were guys there with really old SW t-shirts on, and one carrying a very old lightsabre. Okay, granted there were your regular media types who haven't a clue, but it's business. that's how these things are run.
    :)

13. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Ok, they got to see it before me.
    But I go home to my beloved collection each night.
    Fame cant buy what i've got....

unless you're steve sansweet.....
  14. thaira Jedi Knight

Well its common sense to let the media and certain personalities to see it rather then die hard fans, from a marketing perspective anyway. People listen to these media personalities and therefore they will talk about it and promote the movie to the general public. As for the die hard fans, to them, who cares. They know we're going to see it anyway :D
  15. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    one for the Advertiser...

'go and tell everyone to buy tomorrow's paper...it will definetly be in there'

and it's not..apparently. I didn't get out to buy it yet, but Mum rang...

ah well...I got to see the movie for free anyway!
  16. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    who listens to critics ?
    SW has never gotten good reviews in the past which worries me when all of a sudden they start praising Georges work....

ARRRGGGHHHH... the films gonna bomb now....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.