main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Mediacorp - Official Media For Attack Of The Clones

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    The Mediacorp newspaper, TODAY announced that TODAY and Mediacorp (which includes Channel 5) will be the Official Bradcaster and Media for Star Wars Episode 2: Attack Of The Clones.

Watch out for the EXCLUSIVE STAR WARS special appearing in TODAY in the months of April and May leading up to 16 May 02.

Channel 5 will also ahve exclusive footages and trailers from Attack Of The Clones!

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow I wonder what kind of goodies will they offer...:D

Is there really gonna be a "Star Wars Special" in TODAY? If so...which TODAY? haha

3. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Wah, then all the TODAY paplets will disappear faster than you can say 'AOTC postcards'.

4. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    They won't show anything that we don't know.

The TV in Singapore sucks.

5. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Channel 5 will be premiering Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace on 12 May, 6:30PM in Singapore.

Don't miss the BLOCKBUSTER OF THE YEAR!

6. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Sunday 6:30pm? ARE THEY MAD?

But at least we can intersperse all those tedious Jar^2 Binks scenes with trips to the fridge... ;)

7. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    It's insane. It's probably the worse time that they could choose! 6.30? Even Braveheart didn't start that early!

8. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Will see how many cuts TCS will do. Can't believed what they did to ESB. :(

Heehee, I just lost count how many times Cable Star Movies had shown TPM ever since they launched it last year!

9. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    My friends, it's not the premiere of Phantom Menace on Singapore TV that I'm excited about.

It's the specials and commercials that will accompany the premiere.

Being the official Media of AOTC, there will be lot's of Making Ofs and Interviews, not to mention the much awaited "ACROSS THE STARS" MTV premiering in USA next week!

It'll be a STAR WARS month in May 02. Even SPIDERMAN has been eclisped by Attack Of The Clones!

10. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    *Sigh*
    Media-Corpp(it's pronounced like dat wat) was also the *Official* TV station for so many other programes, specials and such... what difference does it make?
    There are like what two(2) networks anyway, and TV Works can't even broadcast properly... heck, what was the choice again?

Anyway, Media-Corpp wouldn't know an exclusive if it run up and bite them in the butt. Media-Corpp is all about hype, official media, official that, official this, Home Of The Stars, whatever.

Prove me wrong Media-Corpp, make me look stupid, I dare you...

I hope someone here works for Media-Corpp... I mean, if they wanted any information on Star Wars anything, you'd think that they'd send somebody in here do do some 'research', I mean, TF.N is one of the biggest Star Wars resources in the world... but maybe they didn't know that. Ignorant fools.

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hard to say these Media Corp is . . .

Guess it depend on which department or company doing what. I been happy with some stuffs but very furious over others. And some of the mass media can go to the WRONG link to get info for certain stuffs.

And it seems with the coming of AOTC, I've seen NO mass media rep coming to any of the known sources for local SW Fanforce. Maybe they don't know about us, maybe they are too lazy to go hunting.

Guess we have to wait and see . . .

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I think that: Although Media-Corp may be the all-encompassing media station in Singapore, it still hasn't yet established a rep and image that a well-developed and mature media company should have.

The movies shown on TV are mostly relative unknowns..it's really been left wanting. Perhaps it's my high expectations as to what a good broadcasting firm should be. [face_plain]

I do like MediaCorp's radio though..especially Class 95 and Passion 99.5 (dunno if it belongs to MediaCorp).

Anyway, back to AOTC..I've never really seen any impressive marketing and promoting scheme which MediaCorp has employed on any of its projects. I think for TPM it was just KFC, PizzaHut etc doing their own individual ads on TV.

13. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    You wouldn't by any chance happen to be an employee of Media Corpp, would you JaZz?

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    No, course I'm not..

I'm not saying I know everything, I'm only extacting thoughts which are based on what I know, which may or may not be substantial enough to anaylse the situation accurately.

15. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh, just asking...

16. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Media Corp will "promote" a 1998 movie as some exciting "premier". Like they did for "The Prince of Egypt". The Prince of Egypt is a good movie and I don't mind watch it again but promote it for three weeks? come on.

And did anyone watch "The Rock" last night? what a piece of junk and they treat it like some real blockbuster.

Premier Episode I in Singapore at a funny timing huh? who cares?

I feel very very sick of Media Corp, both Channel 8 and 5, especially Channel 8. They simply treat the audience like idiot. Sometime when they say or do something really really stupid I almost want to throw my TV out of the window. But I stay at 20th floor, can't do that. :(

Don't expect too much from Channel 5, they will show same thing again and again. I bet you they won't show anything that we can't find on Net.

17. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    'aight!

However, I must say... The Rock is a good show! Seriously, I like it very much and must say that I think that it's one of the classics of our time. It was a blockbuster a few years back anyway.

Back to Media Corpp bashing... :p

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha I think The Rock was not bad...but i've watched it before on channel 5, so no kick.

I think all of us can expect MC to just get better and better over the years..into a world renowned broadcaster (maybe)~ :D

DD - I still a student..not working or anything

19. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    The Rock is bad. but that's ok.

And Media Corp is a place where creative cell will not survive. period.

20. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Media Corp can kiss my ass!!

*runs away*

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Good news for those who end up like me, recording a shaky/Blur "Making Of . . . " last August from Cable Star Movies.

From 8 Days No. 602
    Sunday April 21st

SW Special 1: The Story Of Industrial Light & Magic. (Hosted by Samuel L. Jackson)
    Ch5, 5.30pm

SW Special 1: The Mythology Of SW: Bill Moyers Interview Special With George Lucas.
    Ch5, 6pm

Hope they have the documentary more related to TPM next week like 60 Minutes TPM Special or such. ;)

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    That's 'normal' TV, right? Good. :p I missed the other documentaries 'cos I don't have SCV... :(

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, I should had post TCS 5, right? :p
    If SCV, it should be Ch2. ;)

Frankly even with the main TV tuned to SCV, I always tune the rest of the house TVs by the usual way;
    TCS5=>Ch5,
    TCS8=>Ch8
    Kids Central=> Ch4
    Suria=>Ch6
    RTM1=>Ch1
    etc etc

There will probably be more SW documentary next week.

24. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    TV? What TV? *looks around*...

But seriously, what amuses me to no end is how MediaCorps (or SBC as I still like to call it) tries to brand itself as the number one TV&Radio'caster in the country by brandishing various figures and statistics to the unwary listener. Especially that "Advertisement on radio increased by x%" advert. Hilarious when you consider the facts of the day and what was happening to the rest of the industry.

Still, if it is AOTC, I'm not going to complain...

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    It's been quite awhile since I watched something "Star Wars" on TV..

It's this sunday right? Must make sure I'm free hee. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.