main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Medical droids....one or more??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Snaggleass, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snaggleass

Snaggleass Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2004
    Is 2-1B the only of his "kind"? Also, F-X7 is seen in Empire and supposedly in Rots. Are their many F-X7's? How good are these droids at arriving at an emergency in time? I always thought F-X7 looked like a stationary salt or pepper shaker, and 2-1B looks very slow. Thoughts?

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Well, do you believe the 2-1B unit at the briefing in RotJ is the same one as the one in TESB? It's very possible it isn't.
    And as we've seen with 3POs, R2s, R5s, Treadwells etc. there's many of them, so I don't see why medical droids (which is a very useful function) wouldn't be mass produced.

Or think this way: If C-3PO and R2-D2 aren't unique models, why would a 2-1B droid be?

3. Snaggleass

Snaggleass Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2004
    I agree with you there. But what about the second part: Would they arrive on time of an emergency? Unless all victims or injured were brought to them like Luke was. They seem quite slow.

4. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    One thing I always found funny in ESB is how 2-1B just shuts down after testing Luke's new hand. Couldn't he at least be lit up for his final shot? :p

5. meequalgreat

meequalgreat Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2004
    Well considering in the movies they never showed the bottom half they could have had him have trends or something to make him move fast, but when they created the toys they made those crappy legs.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/potf21bleft.jpg]

They legs might not even move, they might just be stationary, and the droids only stay in the medical facilities.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Think of them as equipment, then. Like a dentist (or gynaecologist ;)) chair or something - only standing, helping and talking.
    Well, unlike the toy ;) they probably can walk, just probably not fast enough for an emergency. There may be other types of droids for that.
    Maybe even the FX-7 - I think it floats.

7. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    ^^^I'm pretty sure FX-7 is stationary. At least that's what it says in the SWRPG Arms and Equipment Guide.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.