main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Medicom 6" Super Detailed Star Wars Figures Announced

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Winter Wonder Festival 2014 in Japan - Medicom has announced that they're going to be making hyper realistic 6" figures - toy lines include Batman, The Dark Knight and Star Wars. It looks like they already make Marvel characters.

Yakface is reporting that they'll be around $40 each. No pics or news on who will be made, but click HERE to view the pic/ announcement.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've seen pics of the Medicom MAFEX 6" figures, and they have an astounding amount of articulation and posability. The trade-off, as always, is that every single joint is glaringly visible. It's less noticeable on a figure like Batman, molded in his black body armor, but with Spider-Man it looks a bit like a highly detailed mannequin. I've also read that these figures are quite fragile, and that arms will pop off and joints break while trying to pose them. Impressive detailing though by the looks of them, no doubt about it.

I don't think these are meant to compete with or supplant the 6" Black Series, as the scope of this line seems to be rather focused and small (Judging by the Marvel and DC stuff I've seen). I doubt we'll be seeing R2-D2 or Greedo MAFEX figures any time soon. This'll be core characters only, aimed strictly at collectors. But at $40 a piece I think I'll pass.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    At least it's something new that's more top quality but isn't hugely outrageously priced. I've been crowing all along that we need more collectibles that are under $50, so these will fit that bill.

I'm just curious to see how they look. They probably won't interest me much unless they make awesome Leia or Padme figures.