main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Meditations on Maturity (L/M H/L A/P Obi, OCs AU)[By Briannakin & Hazel] COMPLETED 06/27/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , May 12, 2011.

1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Man, those twins to everything together, don't they? ;)

D'oh, I'm watching RotS on TV and I realized I forgot to mention something snarky about how Anakin really loves to carry Obi-Wan on his back.

2. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Yea! Everyone's getting married! And Anakin didn't kill Han! [face_dancing]

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

We resolved this debate by compromising: Obi-Wan would live but he would be seriously injured in a very evil cliffhanger. Anakin would be the hero.
    We hope you all approved and enjoyed the outcome. :D

Now for Replies to your great comments:

Jade:

Thank you! :*

Misty:

Thanks! :D

Padme:

They most certainly do. ;)

QueenBee:

Glad it made you feel better. :)

Luna:

Yes, all is working out pretty well. :)

JediMara:

Do you think the twins will stop there? ;)

Book-Geek:

Yes, party time! And Anakin had to relent so that his grandchild wouldn't be born an orphan. Doesn't mean he's happy with it. :D

4. RosemundHurt

RosemundHurt Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2011
    I love this! It's just such a sweet story, with just the right amount of drama too :)

Glad Han's finally seen sense! And a double engagement ASWELL as the babies - bliss!

Great story! Could you put me on the pm list if thats alright?

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Rosemund:

Really glad you're enjoying it :D.

We'll add you to the list.

PM List:

Luna_Nightshade
    Lady_Misty
    JediMike2372
    Clarizabel
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM
    cthugha
    ccp
    RosemundHurt

6. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    I have spent 3 kriffing hours catching up to this story. Now may I remind you I have had no sleep in the past two days because I have been sucked up into reading fiction and then I have to find this fic... I thought I would never catc up.

I KRIFFING LOVE THIS STORY!!!

Oh God add me to your PM list and update soon... real soon!!

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Haley:

I'm really glad you're liking it, Haley. But don't forget to sleep.
    We'll add you to the list.

[:D]

PM List:
    Luna_Nightshade
    Lady_Misty
    JediMike2372
    Clarizabel
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM
    cthugha
    ccp
    RosemundHurt
    haleyskywalker2

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Comment from Briannakin: Hey guys. Thank you for the reveiws. My Internet is being iffy and I don't know if I am going to lose my connection, so I want to get right to posting the new chapter. Plus I'm tired and PMs might take me a bit.

PM List:
    Luna_Nightshade
    Lady_Misty
    JediMike2372
    Clarizabel
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM
    cthugha
    ccp
    RosemundHurt
    haleyskywalker2

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Chapter 8

Two weeks later?

Mara Jade Kenobi was walking down the main corridor of the Halls of Healing recovery ward. She was there to pick up her father who was being released after completing his recovery from the massive injuries sustained on Ruusan.

Obi-Wan had committed himself to his healing wholeheartedly after being told that his daughter was about to marry his former padawan. He would be there to give Mara away or there would be no wedding at all, and considering that she was already twenty two weeks pregnant, the first option was by far the best outcome.

His little girl was getting married. Obi-Wan let the thought roll around in his head, still feeling his father-sense rebel against the idea. Mara was still a child, his little pumpkin pie, how could she be getting married and having a child of her own. She was only seventeen and thus far too young for this.

When Mara entered his room, Obi-Wan was awed by her appearance and Force presence - she was truly glowing. She had made a full recovery during the past two weeks and had even put on a little weight, the normal amount for a pregnant woman. Her baby bump was now clearly visible under her tunic and Obi-Wan could tell she was proud of it. And her eyes? her eyes shone brightly with what could only be described as happiness.

Obi-Wan knew the name of the underlying cause of all that joyfulness. It was Luke Skywalker. May the Force bless him for making his little girl so happy and may their union be blessed for eternity, he thought while giving his daughter a tight hug.

"How are you?" The Jedi Master asked, although he already knew the answer.

"I?m pretty good. My morning sickness is gone."

"And my grandson?"

"He?s great. He?s making up for the time he wasn?t allowed to kick me and now he doesn?t stop." Mara held Obi-Wan?s hand over her stomach and sure enough, there was a kick.

"It serves you right for bringing another Skywalker into the galaxy. He?s going to be a handful."

Mara sighed as the mental image of a trouble-prone Skywalker little boy formed in her mind and then she smiled thinking that that boy was hers - she loved him so.

"How are the wedding preparations going?"

"Very well, Padmé is taking care of everything. I just have to show up wearing my new dress. Oh, and it?s a double wedding; Leia and Han are being joined too."

"So, do we know if Leia is having a boy or a girl?" Obi-Wan asked a little preoccupied with the idea of another set of Skywalker twins on the way.

"A girl. We had an appointment together yesterday. Han is beside himself with glee." Mara declared and Obi-Wan sighed with relief. At least for now, the galaxy was safe.

"And you?re still keeping it small a small wedding?"

"That?s the plan!" Mara stated confidently, while father and daughter made their way out of the Jedi Temple.

At the Presidential Palace, in the Skywalker apartment, Padmé supervised the final replacement and repairs to the last sliding doors that had been cut through with Shmi?s lightsaber three weeks earlier. Their replacement had taken longer than expected because these were no ordinary doors, they were custom made blast doors resistant to just about any kind of damage - unfortunately lightsaber damage and children?s pranks were not included in the warranty and these new doors were costing the Skywalkers a small fortune.

But all was well now; the doors were being replaced, the frantic search for a cure for Mara had been a thorough success, Obi-Wan had recovered from his injuries and Leia and Han had made up and would be very happy.

To make sure there were no more surprises, Padmé had assigned tasks to all family members: Anakin would be picking up Aymee and Ayden from the Academy the day before the wedding and keeping a very close watch on them to avoid more trouble; Shmi would assist Leia and Mara with whatever they needed and throw them a bridal shower; Luke was to make sure Han Solo behaved himself and not let their bachelor party get out of hand and Threepio and Artoo were organizing the small celebration and the double

10. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    Aymee or Ayden

How about neither! :D

Aww Luke and Mara, and Han and Leia are wed!!!!
    beautifully done!!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    a splentabulous blend of mush and humor =D= =D=

@};-

12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The stew stuff is LOL funny!

Just maybe those two will learn their lesson.

You had me worried there for several seconds with the announcement that a Hapes Delegation had arrived.

Good thing this is AU because it appears as if Mon Cal has no beaches.

13. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Beautiful! =D= Loved having Luke and Mara live next door to Obi-Wan!

14. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    :D

Quite a wedding day for everyone involved! Happy that Padme was able to get out of the negotiations for the day, and the wedding was lovely. Looking forward to finding out how the honeymoons went! Great update.

15. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Aww, a double wedding. How lovely. :)

Their cities are built on the water - I always assumed they had manmade beaches, like Coruscant.

16. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    Throughout that whole post or at least most of it I was wondering what the stew was made out of, but then again yoda may not even know what it was!

17. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Yay, marriages! =D=

ROLOL about the whole stew episode- had me totally cracking up! [face_laugh] And why am I not surprised that Lando and Janson were involved?

Aymee and Ayden are a couple little hellions, aren't they? Obi-Wan, go ahead and turn down Anakin's proposition.

Awesome that Obi-Wan is such a good father, but he's surprisingly mushy. Mom used to call us 'punkin', but 'pumpkin pie'? GAG! [face_sick] And poor Luke and Mara, living next door!

I have to admit, the story has grown on me. May I be added to the PM list please?

18. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    haley:

You got that right [face_laugh]
    Thanks! [:D]

Jade:

Thank you, Jade! :*

Misty:

I think those two will never learn their lesson. They have way too much fun playing tricks on people.
    We had to bring in the Hapans and finish their part in the story.
    A planet with all that water and no beaches id just weird, I'm sure thay have at leat one fake beach somewhere. :D

Book-Geek:

Thanks! That was Briannakin's idea. :)

Luna:

The honeymoons went great, with no pesky fathers or troublesome little sister around they had to.
    Thank you! @};-

JediMara:

Thank you! Do you think the twins are done with doing things together? :p

Padme:

Actually, it says somewhere up there that it's a root and bark stew. [face_sick] :p

JainaSolo:

Obi-Wan has every intention of turning down Anakin's offer. He's had enough of teaching Skywalkers and wants to concentrate on his grandson, who ironically is a Skywalker. And he is only mushy with his daughter.
    Sure, we'll add you to the list. :D

ccp:

Thank you! [:D]

PM List:
    Luna_Nightshade
    Lady_Misty
    JediMike2372
    Clarizabel
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM
    cthugha
    ccp
    RosemundHurt
    haleyskywalker2
    JainaSoloYJK

20. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    I can imagine Luke and Mara's *Excitement* as living next to Obi-Wan!!!! [face_laugh] Especially with the communicating door.

Great post. Thanks for making me laugh my head off=D=

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    QueenBee:

Yeah, they're really *excited* about it [face_laugh]
    The living next door part was Briannakin's idea, I came up with the communicating door.

Thank you!

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    haley: LOL. That was my response to when my mom asked me which one of my brothers, who are twins, I wanted to help with homework. The weddings were all Hazel.

Jade: Thanks.

Misty: From personal experience, troublesome twins will never learn their lessons. 

I'm pretty sure it would have fabricated beaches like a air dome at the bottom of the water.

Book-Geek: Thanks. That situation will come up neat chapter.

Luna: We couldn't find a way to make the honeymoons safe for younger readers.... So let's just say they went good.

JediMara: Me too.

Padme: Hazel said it was root and bark stew, but I'm pretty sure it was my grandmother's goulash (bleh).

JainaSolo: Hey, I'm new at this mush thing. Thanks. But are you people trying to kill me with PMs? Just kidding, I take it as a sign that people are enjoying this.

ccp: Thank you.

QueenBee: Hey! It's a free apartment. I'd take it. Thanks.

PM List:
    Luna_Nightshade
    Lady_Misty
    JediMike2372
    Clarizabel
    PadmeSkywalkerSHM
    cthugha
    ccp
    RosemundHurt
    haleyskywalker2
    JainaSoloYJK

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010

Chapter 9

He was a dead man.

Han dashed through the pristine halls of Jemone Manor, his boots clicking on the white Alderaanian marble floors. A few months ago, he wouldn?t be caught dead in a place like this, now he lived here.

Not that he would be living for much longer. He told Leia he would be out for an hour. An hour and fifteen minutes had now passed since he had left their apartment.

He was late.

And a dead man.

Normally being fifteen minutes late didn?t warrant a death sentence. But today it did since Leia was thirty-eight weeks pregnant.

Han let out a mild curse as he fumbled for his keycard. Since marrying Leia, he had sold his old apartment and had taken over Chewbacca?s job at the Jedi temple as a transporter. Leia?s parents, of course, helped with the down payment on the apartment but Han swore he would pay them back, eventually.

He inserted his card and the door opened. Weeping filled his ears, and he closed his eyes.

"Leia, Darling, I?m home."

No answer, only more soft crying. He followed the noise to the master bed chambers and palmed opened the door.

He gazed upon her not so small form, lying on her side, curled up in a ball. He immediately panicked. Was she hurt?

"Leia? What is wrong? What can I do?" He started to approach her but stopped when she lifted her head of messy brown curls and glared at him through tears.

"You can go eat Bantha shavit and die." She flopped back down onto his pillow.

"Sweetheart, I?m sorry I?m late. What can I do to make it up to you?"

She struggled to sit up. "Tell me where you really were," Leia said, staring him straight in the eye. "I know you weren?t at Wedge?s. I know you lied to me." Her voice was like ice.

Han let out a sigh. He felt uncomfortable talking about things like this.

Leia?s face and voice suddenly became soft. "Han. I?m your wife. You know you can tell me anything." She had read his feelings.

"I was with Nawara Ven. He is a lawyer friend of mine. He was helping me update my will and helping me take out life insurance on myself. I didn?t tell you because it is something I don?t like talking about. I just wanted to make sure you and the baby would be taken care of if something were to happen to me."

Leia smiled comfortingly. She knew his uncomfortable feelings stemmed from the fact that Han had no father or real father figure to model his actions after. She held up her arms. "Come give me a hug. You did wonderfully."

He walked over to the bed and hugged her tightly. He then noticed what she was wearing. She was wearing her nightgown with one of his white shirts unbuttoned over it.

"Ah, Honey, why are you wearing my shirt?"

She then started crying. "Because it smelt like you and I missed you."

Han then felt warm and fuzzy on the inside. He also felt bad for leaving her. Getting up onto the bed, he embraced her in a full hug and held her close. He rubbed her stomach through the nightgown.

"I love you," he mumbled, helping her lie down then lying down beside her.

"I know," she said with a smirk through the tears.

"Breathe Mara! Come on Mara, just remember breathe! I?ll do it with you. Just a deep breath in and slowly let it out," Luke said, holding onto his wife?s hand. He took a deep breath in, then let it out.

Mara raised her eyebrow and stared at him like he was a madman. "Skywalker, I love you and I?m glad you decided to be my birthing coach, but, do we really have to practice? I?m pretty sure you have it down pat." She was on their bed, propped up on all the pillows they had.

"I just want to make sure I know everything to make this easier for you. Now, are you sure I packed everything you will need in the Halls of Healing?"

Mara groaned. "For the millionth time: YES! The bag is in the speeder and I do not want to see it again until I?m in labour. If you want to make this easier on me, shut up and rub my feet." She pointed to her feet, which were extremely swollen.

He dutifully did as he was told until she moaned and sat upright.

"What is it dear?" he asked in a panic.

"I don?t recall telling you c

24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Happy Birthday! [face_dancing]

My oldest brother was a dad at fourteen and boy was my Mom ripped.

For some reason that scene from Lady and the Tramp comes to mind the one where Jim Dear is off to the store for watermelon, in the middle of the winter, and some chop suey.

A great chapter!

25. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    WOW Briannakin!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY![:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

this is truly hilarious- and true! I've dealt with sooo many pregnant women in my short life, and this defines them perfectly!=D=

Sorry to hear about the Ipad. I hope your murderous rampage doesn't last long.