Meet #10 || July (Newport Field Trip)

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by idarii, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    what: a day trip to lovely newport, RI. check out the beaches, downtown, and assorted tourist traps :p
    when: saturday, july 12, at 12 noon
    where: newport, but we should decide on a central meeting place and perhaps carpool. i myself can take 4 people in my car.
    rainy day activity: if it rains on the day of this meet, we could go try the giant laser tag place in fall river, MA
  2. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    OMG you HAD to pick the day I have to go to Connecticut to visit friends! AND something in Fall River even! Arrgghhh!

Darn you John! LOL
  3. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ITS NOT MY FAULT

LOL :p :p ;)

Actualy Im looking fwd to my first trip to RI
    :)

John
  4. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    just tell the CT people to come over to newport! it's not that far! :p
  5. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wonder if I could convince overbearing parent A and B to allow me to make the trip from Connecticut...
  6. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    hope you can make it, lisa :)

i just put an invite on the NE general board to anyone in CT who maybe wanted to go to a FF meet but couldn't because they don't have a chapter there...just so everyone knows :)

also, josh (actually his gf) suggested that we could do cliff walk, which is beautiful this time of year. i have also been told that it is very inexpensive to park at gateway center and we could do the downtown thing, then beaches and/or cliffwalk are right up the street - could either drive or take a trolley.

also (one more thing!) we may want to think of where our central meeting place might be ... who's definitely going...maybe i'll be able to fit everyone and/or pick them up on the way. i volunteer to do some driving, and i've got bridge tokens coming out of my ears from when i used to live in newport.

and, this is probably the longest post i've ever made :p
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm so jealous! Anyone want to fly me from Ohio for this? :p

I'd probably be miserable at the beach with a broken arm anyway. Besides not being able to get it wet, getting sand under the cast would seriously drive me insane. Hope you guys have fun! :)
  8. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will be going. I have a van that holds 8 people. If we have that many people. Unlikely. I should stop. The group gets angry when i make fun of our numbers. They will attack me if i keep this up....all 2 of them! ..... *runs!*
  9. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I doubt I'll be going, due to a few reasons. Too many things to take care of this week. :p
  11. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    The group gets angry when i make fun of our numbers.

[face_laugh] how on earth did i miss this? :p
  12. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    just FYI: if you need directions to our meeting place for this meet, please feel free to PM me :)
  13. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Wish I could have gone with you all this time. :(
    I had fun at the last meet mini-golfing and Mr. Lemon. :D

Hope to be able to attend next month.
  14. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    well chris you're always welcome to come to the meets :)

i think i may have to call ed on his boast of his SW trivial pursuit skillz :p
  15. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Be quiet. :) It shouldn't be too long before you will show signs of wanting to bomb Pearl Harbor [face_mischief]
  16. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.