main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #13 || King Richard's Faire

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hehe oops, hit return instead of '

aaanyway, this month we are making the journey up to king richard's faire!

KRF website

i believe tickets are $22 apiece, but i've been collecting coupons. i'm also in the process of working out some carpool arrangements, but am definitely thinking we should meet up in providence or thereabouts, someplace semi-central for everyone. is anyone able to drive up to the faire? i'll certainly make sure you get some gas money etc.

2. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Ooooh...I've wanted to go to this for years. But I have never been able to convince any of my more serious minded friends to go! Depending when this is, I might be able to do this.

3. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    oh my....yeah adate would have been helpful, carrie! good one! :p

how does saturday october 11 work for you? that's the date we had discussed at the cook"out" :p

also, i have made arrangements to trade cars for that day, so i'll be able to take 4 people up with me.

4. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    I think that would work for me...Saturday is good. I know I can't do it on the Sunday. And once we arrnage who we're all getting there, I think it will be a blast.

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm there! Must buy more jewelry... :D

That Saturday is perfect. I really can't go any other day anyway. :)

6. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I will be going hopefully I get out of work at 8:00 a.m. that morning.
    I will probably meet you guys there.

7. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Unfortunately I'll be up in Maine (again heh) for KRF which really sucks because I really wanted to go :\

8. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I also, regretably, cannot attend because I have to go home for Columbus Day to help with moving and packing and to start transitioning my wardrobe. A shame because I go every year and it looks like I won't be able to this year. I do, however, have garb if anyone (females) want to dress up and don't have anything. PM me or IM me (AStrangeLilGirl) if you want to work something out. I have several outfits and some pieces are not really size specific, though I am rather tall so things might be a bit long. Still, I have had much shorter people wear my garb with no problem. You just need to make sure it gets back to me!!!

Have fun!

Lisa

9. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I'd like to go, but I was laid off from my job...

...so...

...yeah.

10. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    oh man, james i'm really sorry to hear that :(

11. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I'd love to attend. I've been trying to get my wife to go to this, but the last time we went to a Ren Fest she got very sick and still has a hard time thinking about it. I can't wait to meet everyone!

And no, I won't be in costume. The best I could do is a Jedi Robe (currently being used as an unofficial kitty bed) and an Agencourt long sword - nothing else for a costume. I'm not really the dressing up kind anyway :)

12. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Oh, I can drive too, if you want. I can take 3 besides myself. Maybe four, if people didn't mind being a bit squished in the backseat - I don't have a very big car.

13. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Eh, Carrie, it could be worse. The way I see it, I have the chance to find a job I'd really like.

;)

'sides..
    I just got a part-time job at a computer store doing tech work.. so.. hehe... yay for layoff!

:p

...now to just get another job. :p

14. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    If the Red Sox beat Oakland, I will be unable to make this outing. I will be at Fenway with my dad instead watching them lose to the Yankees. So I do not know if I can show, much less provide transport.

15. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    oh great, tech work is good :)

phlonet i'm really glad you can make it! :)

i'm thinking we should meet somewhere in providence. any ideas for a central, easy-to-get-to meeting place?

16. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    If we are meeting in providence, then car pooling. We will need to also meet somewhere we can park for the day.

17. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    Jeffbacca there read my mind...

I am pretty sure I can go, as long as I can iron out all the details ahead of time. Guess I am not too much of a spontaneous person, though Aries are supposed to be. I won't be in costume, even though I was a member of SCA in college. All I need is to walking in a dress, trip over my own feet and end up in the mud. It wouldn't the first time...It's too bad alot of us can't go. :(

Any ideas where we can meet and park? I don't know Providence too well.

18. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I will be at Fenway with my dad instead watching them lose to the Yankees

You Got That Right!!!

LOL :D :D :D :p :p :p ;)

John

19. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Haha... :p (This coming from the one who lives less than 15 minutes from the NY border and less than an hour from NYC! ;))

20. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Well, I hate it, but there's always the mall. Park for the day, then go into Barnes and Noble or Dave and Busters before you leave to get validated.

Unless there's a commuter parking lot someplace...

Oh, what about the commuter lot at the South Attleboro train station? It's free on the weekend, and only 10 minutes north of the mall.

21. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    I don't think my Red Sox are going to make it to the World Series. It's all a conspiracy, I tell you.

The mall and the train station are both good ideas. I get lost everywhere, even going places I am familiar with--never got that gene I guess--so I am for whatever is easiest!

22. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Did someone say..... free!? The station sounds great. And its right off of 95.

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    dude, the train station is a great idea

let's all meet at the attleboro train station off of exit 2A in mass. let's try to all meet there around 12 noon and then we can carpool up. fantastic idea!

oh, there is alot of parking there, but on a saturday there should be ample parking in the first lot on your left as you enter the station. for any new people, i'll make a sign and we'll band together so as to be more easily noticeable.

24. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    whoo hoo! Sounds like a plan

25. Dr_Midnight

Dr_Midnight Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Idarii has asked me to post an update from here at work:

The meetup should now take place at 10 am, in Attleboro.

She's also asked me to the prom, but I want to go with Blaine. He's a rich guy from the other side of the tracks, and he's SO cute, and played by Andrew McCarthy. Idarii's nice and everything, but she's played by Jon Cryer, so things just wouldn't work out.

I've gotta go dish with Annie Potts about my prom dress. Bye!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.