main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #16 || February

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Yup going on 5 years now. Longest I've ever played a game.

2. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Very cool. Thats about how long i've played. Currently playing my beastlord.

And so not to derail the topic too much: Meet tomorrow yay!

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I look forward to having you all here. :) Just make sure someone brings Epic Duels, since I don't own it. So we're meeting at the museum at 1pm?

4. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Hey, random question. If we bring stuff, ie the person bringing epic duels and what not, will there be a place to put it while we are at the Museum?

5. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I was at the Air and Space museum in DC on Monday... I thought I'd be museumed out by now, but I think I'm feeling better - unless something changes before tonight, I'm planning on attending tomorrow.

As to Everquest...

I played a LOT from April of 1999 through October of 2001. Then I quit, hating the game, disgruntled, and exhausted. Recently I started playing again, though only once or twice a week. And I still play the same halfling cleric I started in Nov 1999. My wife has something like 350 days played on her enchanter - she started it in Nov 1999, but never quit playing. Oh yeah, my char is on The Nameless server, though I originally started on Fennin Ro. For a brief time the character was on Maelin, but I moved it back to Nameless.

Now I mostly play Battlefield 1942.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

6. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Sorry, just to recap - are people taking the train in from the S Attleboro station at 11:30am?

7. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I will be there but where are we meeting and at what time?

8. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    The train leaves south attleboro @ 11.30 so get there a few minutes before.

I'm guessing we should meet in the main front lobby, at 1 o'clock is the official time.

The only storage area that i can think of would probably be if any of the people who may drive there could hold your stuff in their car.

9. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Okay this is a little late but the friend I have who was going to tell me never got back to me so...

How do I get to the train station? I know it's right off 95 but I don't know which exit and such.

Also, there is a chance that I might not be able to get to the train station at all because I have been having car troubles. I need to get a tire mounted and balanced and stuff cause I blew a tired Wednesday. Just came in today. Need to get that put on the car tomorrow morning.

Anyone know of a reliable garage (preferably in Providence) that I can go to? I have a doughnut thing on it now but I don't think it will survive hightway driving...

10. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I woke up feeling a bit under the weather. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel again.

Have a good time today!

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hope you can come to the March meet Kris! And I hope you feel better. :)

12. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Going north on 95. Exit 2a. then take a right at the gas staion. You will see it. Drive around till you see the entrance.

Any gas station with a mechanic garage should be able to put your tire on no problem.

13. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    eep i too will have to cancel.

this is the first meet i have not been to, ugh. sorry but something has come up and i'm just going to have to skip the trip up today. i apologize deeply for the short notice, and i hope you guys have fun, cause that place is always fun.

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry you can't make it Carrie. This meet is getting smaller and smaller by the minute. :(

15. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Like always gang, some awesome fun was had.

And of course the gratuitous inside joke:

Boobies!!

16. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Yeah, was definitely a good time! Too bad the museum closed so early! I am quite relieved that we didn't miss the train though! And I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that the first thing I did when I got home was eat. Again. Yeah that's right. I get hungry every two hours or so.

*rolls her eyes at Jeff and adds her own* Babies everywhere!

We missed those of you guys who couldn't come, though. :( Just wasn't the same without you!

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I had a great time guys. For those of you who couldn't make it for one reason or another, you missed out! However, I know at least Lisa and I want to go back to the museum at some point. I mean, we only saw a very small portion of it, and I'd love to catch an Omni show next time. I would love to have you all over again!

It was again very nice to meet you Jim! I hope you'll come to future meets. :)

18. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    blah sorry i missed out, it sounds like an awesome time!

sorry i didn't get to meet the new person/people. i don't normally miss any meets though, so odds are i'll be at the next one...whatever form that may take :)

19. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    I had a great time at the meet Saturday. I loved the mad dash for the train. :D Here's the website I was telling you about.

Pants

20. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Mad dash for the train was... thrilling. Right. Heh.

Thanks for posting that link!

Speaking of links, Roseanna, can you post the babies link? :p

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I just had to watch it again before posting the link...I swear, it's just as funny the billionth time... [face_laugh]

I feel GREAT!!!

22. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I had a great time at the meet.
    Sorry if I was a little or alot weird.
    Thats what happens when you have sleep deprivation.
    Got to cut down from those 60 hour work weeks. :p
    I wish I could of stayed longer but I am glad I made it back to a Rhode Squadron meet.

Great to see everyone again and I will try to get more sleep next time.

I will bring Epic Duels next time if requested. :D

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    See, I never apologize for being weird. I'd be apologizing constantly. :p

By the way, for those of you who didn't come or couldn't stick around for the Cambridge end of things, we stopped at the Galleria to buy Epic Duels since no one had it. I am now capable of bringing my copy to future meets if need be as well. :)

24. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I think the big question is who DOESN'T have it at this point? :p

25. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    I am still looking get that game. I have been in withdrawl for some time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.