Meet #18 | | Borders/Games

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by Jeffbacca, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    Where: South Attleboro Borders

When: May 8th 12.00pm

What: Mostly, Ed has generously volunteered to teach people who would like to learn, how to play the Overpower CCG. Ed will be bringing some decks for us to use so no worries about needing some.
    Also a chance of other games that people decide to bring =)

Directions: Basically go towards emerald mall.
    Take exit 2b off of 95. Go straight. Some of you will notice the mini golf place we went to last summer. Go thru a couple of lights, straight. Pass a friendlys. Be in the right lane. You'll see the borders building on your right up the hill. You need to take the right at the light before borders. Go around and there you go =)

If you are not familiar with this area please post and grab someones cell phone number.
  2. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    It's clobbering time!

EDIT: For those of you not aware of what Overpower is, Its basiclly a combat game using character from Marvel, DC and Image comics. There are scores of characters to choose from and deck are made up of four characters. Battle ensues until there is a winner, either individual or team depending on how you play. Most games last only 10-15 minutes tops. The game is offense oriented. Lots of fun to be had for all. If everyone picks it up well. I may do a small tourney at the end of the day for prizes.
  3. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Shoot! I could actually help out but I'll be in Vegas :)
  4. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll probably be showing up at borders around 11.30 since i am alittle nervous that we may not have seats to sit in. So if anyone shows up early i should be there =)
  5. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    I could bring my Yu-Gi-Oh cards, if anyone plays it.
  6. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would be interested in learning that also. I am a big fan of the cartoon
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yu-Gi-Oh? The game might be fun, but I despise the cartoon. Sorry Jeff. :)
  8. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    yugi's voice is all wrong
  9. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had a lot of fun guys! Thanks again Ed for bringing the cards and being ever so generous in letting us keep some for ourselves. Sorry for wimping out and making everyone feel like they had to leave...I think that the smell of the wood fire burning outside is what prompted my migraine. Hope to see you guys again soon! Hopefully I'll be around for the next meet. :)
  10. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a great time sorry I couldn't stay longer.

It was great to have met Dave and played him in Overpower... which he wiped up the table with me.

Ed thanks for the decks of cards I am going to try hard to learn the game well. I really enjoyed it alot.

Nice new wheels for Jeff too.

See everyone soon.
  11. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah the game is awesome, i'm definitely going to poke around at it some more cause i'd definitely like a rematch. dr doom is very mad at storm.
  12. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
  13. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry I couldn't give every one personal instruction as I would have liked. Two important things happened. 1. More people showed than I expected. 2. I was hoping DAve would have had a better recollection of the game as he used to play. But I hope at least some of you like it enough to maybe play in the future.
  14. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heck yea Ed! Thanks again for the packs. I'll definately be wanting to play it again. Maybe look into getting some booster packs. Although i dont' think i'll go crazy about it =P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.