main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet # 2 - Movie - Two Towers in Concord

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by Lyta_Skywalker, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    Hey everyone,

Sebulba, Kriana, Rik, Wedge and all who attended meet # 1 I thus far have not been able to pull down times for The Two Towers at:

Hoyts Cinemas Concord 10
    282 Loudon Road
    Concord, NH 03301
    (603) 226-3800

So if any of you are more successful, please let me know. We are looking for either Friday 27 December 2002 or Saturday 28 December 2002. If there are many of you who cannot make that weekend please let me know when would be good for you, and we will see if we cannot accomidate as many as possible, however, as of now of the seven who attended meet # 1, we felt this was a good weekend as it falls during school breaks, and is after Christmas.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone,

Jaded

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    We probably won't snag any showtimes until the movie is released. Then one quick search on the Internet Movie Database (based on zip code), and we've got ourselves a showtime.

Directions for those who need them:

Take I-93 to Exit 14. If you're coming up from the south, bang a right off of the exit, and if you're coming from the north, bang a left. Loudon Road is Route 9 east. You'll pass through about a mile or two of traffic lights, shopping plazas, and more restaurants than we know what to do with. Eventually you'll see a very large mall on the right, and just past that is the Hoyt's Cinema (lovely big sign right out front, so you can't miss it).

If you're coming from points east (like me ;)), take US 4 west as it joins up with Route 9. Keep going straight past the I-393 ramp--you'll go through one traffic light, one curve, and then the cinema will be right there on your left.

3. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    I should be able to come.. How will I know you guys?? I'm looking forward to getting to meet you all.

4. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, at least 40% of the group is short and red-haired. ;)

I would suggest we get our tickets, then find someplace to stand around as a group (there's plenty of space in the main lobby). Come to think of it, Kriana will have some pics from the first meet soon; then you can peruse those and learn to recognise us. :D

5. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hah! a group of weasleys :p

*ducks flying objects*
    just kidding, looks like you guys are going along quite well :) it sounds like that cantina shop is a dream come true. we should have a big happy new england meet there

love from the rhode island group :D

6. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    We love you, too, Carrie. :p Yes, come one, come all, to the Cantina--as long as we can find room for you all! ;)

7. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    my pics are in my profile, so if you see someone looking like me looking at every short red-haired person, that would be me.

name is Tessa, btw...

8. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]I will most definately be there - and hopefully so will my back - Jaded says I have that wrong, my back should stay home b/c if it comes with, that means that I am a hurting Corellian. Theresa, you can't miss me - I will be the shortest guy there - the one with the dark hair and eyes in amoungst the tall people and those with red hair.

Wedge :>o<:

Cross into the Blue[/color]

9. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    I am still trying to get times for The Two Towers on the 27th, however, still have not been able to up to this point. However, I will keep you up to date as I continue trying to get this settled. If everyone could please let me know if the 27th is a good date for you, I would greatly appreciate it. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Jaded

10. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Either date is still okay by me. And I'll have already seen the movie with the Rebels, but don't worry, I'll spoil not. ;)

11. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm fine with either date

12. Sebby_the_Snowdug

Sebby_the_Snowdug Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    Just got back from TTT with the Rebels.

Two words:

BE THERE!!!!!

:D That movie is in-TENSE, but boy, is it a keeper! I daresay Mr. Tolkein would be proud. ;)

13. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    That is what I have heard from everyone who has seen it thus far. However, MovieTickets.com still has not updated their times for this next week, so I still cannot get any times past Tuesday, Christmas Eve. This is getting to be quite annoying, since I need to let Strawbary know about the meet.

So this is my idea, why don't we come up with a place to meet around 1800 on the 27th (that would be 6 pm for the non-military among us) then I can let Strawbary know about the meet, and we can go from there on the times, whenever frelling movietickets.com gets around to updating their database.

Let me know what you think.

Jaded

Edit: I just spoke with the box office for Hoyts in Concord and they told me they will not have the times up for the 27th until Wednesday night, so that kind of leaves us at the point of we need to figure out a meet somewhere else, and then decide on times then, can everyone please give me an idea of when and where we could meet? That would be much appreciated. Sebulba, if you could catch me on AIM under MaraJade1970, I would appreciate it.

Jaded

14. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    Hey Guys,

We have entered a quandry here, as to which day and times, since we cannot get times for either day before Wednesday, several of us have discussed meeting at a restraunt for a meal, and then proceeding to the movie after that. Also, we need to know if Saturday 28 December in the afternoon works for everyone or not. Please let me know as soon as you can, I PM's a couple of you to find out if it would work, however, I haven't heard back from most yet, so if you guys could try to let me know today, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jaded

15. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    Actually this is going to be Meet 3 - we had an impromtu meet on sunday with myself, Wedge, Kriana and her dad Obi-Wan. (Sorry Kri's Dad, but we had to give you a name).

Now, after talking to Sebulba, and the others, since we cannot get times yet for the movies on either day, we are going to set up to meet:

Applebees
    260 Loudon Rd
    Concord

I think noon should be a good time to meet on Saturday 28 December 2002, this should give us time to have lunch, discuss group business and finally, head over to the theatre and see The Two Towers as a group. This is what I will be submitting to Strawbary tonight at midnight EST, so if anyone has a problem with this, I will need to know before then, as I have to get this in ASAP so we can count this as our 3rd Official Meeting - Yay! We are going to be Official... so everyone start thinking of names and who you would like to see voted in as City Rep.

Jaded

16. Sebby_the_Snowdug

Sebby_the_Snowdug Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    Saturday at noon at Applebee's? Long as there's room for all, it's fine by me. As far as a city rep and a name go, I'm pretty well set on my ideas for both. :D

17. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    I will call ahead and see if I can get us a table, I will just need to know how many of us there will be there, so if everyone can let me know soon, I will be happy to oblige.

Jaded

18. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Sorry guys....I won't be able to make that one....I'm working all day at my real job. I thought it was going to be another night meet, but that's cool....Hope you guys have fun!! MTFBWY Rik

19. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Rik, I am hoping we can get the group together for this meet, however, I understand if you have to work, wish I did... Hope to see you there,

Jaded

20. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Feh. Well, we'll see you next time, Rik.

BWAHA!!! SHOWTIMES AHOY!!!! :D

Looks like for our time frame, the best times are 1:00, 2:45 and 3:45. The movie's three hours, and we want to have time for lunch, so I'm leaning toward the 2:45 showing. Opinions, anyone? Thoughts? Questions? Commentaries? Editorials? Dirty jokes? Bad jokes?

Edit: I posted driving directions at the top of the thread in case anybody needs them.

21. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    Well Meeting #3 went off well, thank you Sebulba, Kriana, Obi-Wan (Kri's dad) and Wedge for coming and making it a joyful occassion.

Hopefully we will be setting up for meet #4 in January...

Jaded

22. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    Hey Everyone,

We had meeting three on Saturday, so we are official. So here is the decisions which were reached at the meeting on Saturday.

Name: New Hampshire Echo Base
    City Rep: Lyta_Skywalker
    Liason with the Boston Rebels: Sebulba2179
    Historian: Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr
    Dispensor of Wise Wisdom: Crazy Old Ben Kenobi

We have set up a banner thread to discuss our banner, colors etc. so everyone might want to take a stroll over to that thread and put in your ideas on the banner.

Jaded

23. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]Correct me if I am wrong, but I also thought someone had come up with something for Rik - something in relationship to Treasurer or publicity. *shrugs shoulders* Maybe I was just hearing things. :D

Wedge :>o<:

Cross into the Blue
    Clear Skies [/color]

24. Lyta_Skywalker

Jul 6, 2002
    We came up with Rik being our Business Partner, and Kriana is our Web Mistress.

Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.