main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #22 | | Waterfire in Providence

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Jeffbacca, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Where: Downtown Providence (gather at my place)

When: Sept. 25th (Time?)

What:Spend some time in Providence and attend the Waterfire display that goes on throughout the city.

Waterfire Site

I figure we meet up at my house since I live about 10 minutes drive from Providence. I know a spot we can park for free and only a short walk to the Providence Place mall.

Time is a question mark since I'm not sure if people want to get together sooner for some eats or just head there for some water fire. Let me know. The Waterfire display starts around 6.30 I'm assuming. They have that as sunset.

Also, I know it says meet at my place but obviously there would be no problem meeting people in providence, just let me know.

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'd love to eat with you guys...especially if we're going to be near a Cheesecake Factory. *drool* So that's my vote anyway. Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me. :)

3. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    I vote for food!

4. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I vote for food but I say nay on Cheesecake! Not because it's bad but because the wait will be like three hours long a Waterfire night. Why don't we catch dinner somewhere else and then go to desert there late, when the crowds calm down some? I did that with friends once and it worked out nicely.

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well I figure all dinner places are going to be busy, so a wait may be unavoidable. The earlier we eat the shorter the wait. We can worry about where exactly we'll eat when we get there and see how busy everything is. :)

6. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I figure the waterfire will start around 7 or so. If we meet together around 4-5...eating shouldn't be that bad. I'd say later and we would be in trouble. Of course I have no idea but you wouldn't have known that if I hadn't said anything =P

7. Sara Skywalker

Jun 16, 1999
    I probably won't be able to meet any earlier than 5 because most likely I will be working until 4, although it could be three, so this post is essentially pointless until I get my schedule for that week. :p

8. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well I say an essentially pointless post is better than no post at all. :)

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I just wanted to let you guys know, in case you don't frequent the Boston boards like you should (*ahem*), our September meet is the day after RI's. Our meet thread is here (please check it out if you plan on coming!). Another crazy double meet weekend, I know, but it worked out so well last month! I really hope you guys can come up again. :)

I'm also going to post about the RI meet in the Boston meet thread. Maybe some more of us will be able to come down. :)

10. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    There is a chance I'll have to miss this meet because that is the weekend of my mom's birthday and we're not sure how we are celebrating yet. If she comes to Providence then maybe it won't interfere because she usually only comes for the day but if she wants my brother and I to come home, then that's a no for me. I will do my best to show! (AND return Jeff's books!)

11. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I miss them so. I have been writing them letters. I hope you allow my books to read them.

I'm going to set the meeting time at my house at 5 right now.

If you will need to meet us there let me know. Not sure where we'll be dining, but if Rose has her way....

12. Sara Skywalker

Jun 16, 1999
    This doesn't really pertain to this thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. Last year we (well you all) went to King Richard's Faire. I was wondering if that was a meet possibility this year as well (next month? since it runs to October 24). I've never been and would love to go. Since you all went last year I was wondering if it was worth it..anywho..that's all. I saw the sign last night and was lik..."hmmm." :p

Later.

13. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Gasp!! Someone giving meet ideas without me asking? Is that allowed?

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    It's fun, it's just really expensive. $20-some to get in, then food and stuff. I'm not opposed to going again, especially if we have a better turnout this time.

15. Sara Skywalker

Jun 16, 1999
    I had heard that it was expensive. I was just curious about interest for it..

Jeff, I was Event Coordinator before, that gives me the privelage to discuss whatever I want. :p hehe, just kidding of course.

16. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    To get this thread back on track *peers at sara* wanted to just see if you guys could give me the thumbs up or thumbs down as far as if you'll be able to make it or not.

I know its a couple of weeks away still, so whenever you know it would be great if you could let me know. Thanks =)

17. Sara Skywalker

Jun 16, 1999
    *thumbs up*

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thumbs up from me so long as you're picking me up and letting me crash at your place that night. :)

19. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    You know I'll be there. *thumbs up*

20. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Sure Rose, I'll just have to set up security measures around my Yoda bust to make sure he stays safe. Even though you made comments about his lightsaber!

*comforts his yoda bust, "she doesn't know what she's talking about, no..no..I think its fine...what do you mean, what do i mean "fine"?...i just meant it wa....come on...you can't walk away...really, you don't have legs....no I'm not making fun of you, you seriously have no legs!*

Who bored?

21. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    KRF sounds like interesting get together... I hope I can meet up with you all sometime during the day.... Working part of the day, as it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get this whole weekend off after going to NY for the DVD relaease events with ECHO BASE ( Rebel Legion memeber) and 501st ( once i get application in )

I hope to see some more of you up in Boston for out meet the day after though...

Sincerly,
    Justin Manning

22. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I won't be able to be at the meet with you guys due to work. I will, however, by at Jeff's house to meet with you at 5pm. Once everyone is there, I will hand out the prizes to our Trivia Contest contestants. I will be able to stay for a little bit, but then off to work I go. :(

23. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    woah...talk like a pirate day. ar! me likes!!

swab the poopdeck! batten down the hatches!

okay..where was i...oh yeah, waterfire.

i most likely will not be able to attend waterfire only because the 25th also happens to be my anniversary with tom! so i'll be doing the whole dinner/night out thing.

but there is hope, young padawans. king richards faire does not so easily escape my wrath.

24. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    okay so people who are coming i have are:
    (I was going to edit that last sentence, cause its a grammatical horror, but I think its too good to erase.)

Jim
    Roseanna
    Sara
    Chirs

Moby will be dropping by my house but not attending the waterfire

I just talked to me, and I'll be there.

Miss anyone?

25. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    That's ok Ed , I missed meets for 6 months due to my schedule last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.