Meet #24 | | Boston Supermegafest

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by Jeffbacca, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    Where: Sheraton Framingham Hotel

When: Saturday, Nov. 20th: 10:30am - 6:00pm
    Sunday, Nov. 21st: 10:30am - 5:00pm

What: Boston Supermegafest!

Directions!

It will be a joint meet with the Boston Rebels. There are already a couple of threads about this.

Boston Thread

RI Thread

Getting everyone together for 2 days in a row could be difficult. So lets pick one of those days to make the official meet day.

Thats all for now. Fine details will be forthcoming later.
  2. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    May I suggest Saturday for the "official" meet? I have my choir concert on Sunday. :p Hopefully, she won't call a stupid emergency rehearsal for Saturday.
  3. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Saturday. If everyone could again post what day works best for them, it would be apprieciated. Once we have a majority, Jeffbacca will post the date.

4. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    as i said before, i was contacted about doing some charity costume stuff for this, so i'll most likely be there one way or another! saturday being the most likely day.
  5. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Either day works for me. I will probably be attending both days.
    I look forward to seeing the NJO in attendance. [face_devil]
  6. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree with Saturday as the Rhode Squadron meet date since Sundays seem to work better in general for the Rebels.
  7. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    Looks like my convention plans are spoiled again. Turns out have to take a mandatory education exam (Praxis II) on that day Saturday. I don't know the exact time but it's probably in the morning so maybe I can make it a little later but considering the chances of me getting there on my own without getting hopelessly lost are slim to none I'll have to get back to you on that one. It's only a one hour test so it might still be possible depending on what time it starts. I'll let you know...
  8. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Lisa, the hotel is pretty easy to get to so even if you had to go by yourself I don't think you'd have a problem getting there. And it's an all day thing, so it's no big deal if you can't get there until early afternoon or whatever. :)
  9. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    bleh, trouble abounds. charity work looking messy. who knows...
  10. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just to make it officially, the "official" meet day will be saturday, although people are encouraged to show up for both days.
  11. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, here's the deal as of right now. I have to be at the test center for 10:45 AM that day. Test is probably an hour long but there will be all that intro nonsense. So if things go well, will be done at Noon. If I leave the test center and go straight to the Con, I am sure it takes about an hour-hour and a half at least to get there but I have never driven up that way before so that might be way off. Which means basically, I might be able to get there by 1:30ish - 2 PM.

Will this be worth it for me? I really would like to come but I am not going to make the trip if it isn't worth it. AND will there be night time activities afterwards? I have a choir concert the following day (which my voice will be in great shape for haha) and that's at 2 PM. I am guessing I will need to report in around noon. If that's the case, if nighttime activities are occuring, I might be able to take part if I can find a place to stay and can get out early the next morn.

Let me know what the plan is! :)
  12. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Lisa, it will be totally worth it for you to get there that time on Saturday. And there will be plenty of nighttime activities to keep us all occupied. ;)

Are you going to be driving to this place? I unfortunately can't offer you a place to stay on Saturday night, but hopefully someone else can. :)
  13. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am going to be driving and according to the website, the parking is free, yay!

Is anyone staying up there? Anyone at all? This board is so dead. Should I get a room? I mean I don't know if there are any left at this point and it would be a lot of money for one person. Namely poor college students such as myself.

Someone respond please! :p
  14. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    There may be rooms left...they're supposed to be $99 a night for the convention rate. I'm not staying there though...

I will require assistance getting to the hotel from the commuter rails station. Both days Joe and I will be taking the train from South Station and getting into Framingham at 8:35am. On Saturday there's supposed to be a hotel shuttle running from the train station but I doubt it'll be running that early. Can anyone pick us up?

Also, is there anyone who could drive us back to a T station (commuter rail or subway) or even better, back to my dorm later in the evening after hanging out with everyone? The Framingham train schedule in the evening sucks. There's a train at 9:30pm, but the next one isn't until after 1am, and the subway isn't running at that point and I don't want to take a cab from South Station to my dorm at 2am. We'll take the 9:30pm train if we have to but we'd really rather be able to stay a little longer to hang out with everyone. If anyone can help us out, please let me know. :)
  15. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is possible that I could help you out... depending on parking and whether or not I will actually stay. Cause if I have to get my own room I don't think I will because a hundred bucks is more than I can foot at this point. I am also sort of scared to drive in Boston, heh. But if you need a ride and there is either no need to park or somewhere for me to easily park I can do it. Hopefully it won't be tight parallel parking since I haven't done parallel parking since driver's ed... Yeah, that's what happens when you live in suburban areas... And help getting back to wherever I am going would be cool. Perhaps someone to come along and give directions?

Edited cause I'm dumb. Whoo.
  16. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I was able to book a room online for $89 for Saturday night, solving half of my transportation issues. I'm still looking for a ride Saturday morning and Sunday night though, if anyone can help out. Sunday night is the more important of the two.

Everyone please keep checking the Boston thread for the con this week. I need to know when people are going to be there, if they can help staff the table, and if they're interested in a weekend pass. Please head over there to contribute and to keep yourselves updated. Thanks. :)
  17. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm sorry Lisa I'll be working in boston before and after on saturday so I wouldn't be able to help out. I've been there a couple of times, there seemed to be plenty of parking but there wasn't any convention going on at the time, so I can't say. =\
  18. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I have at my house the Epic Force Obi Wan Kenobi from Episode 1.

Also Epic Force Leia form ESB that Meriwyn brought to my house for the con a few months back.

I will bring those along on Saturday and those can be added to the stuff for the raffles.

Sorry I didn't realize I had these ..did some house cleaning and they turned up.

19. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Chris...could you bring my DVDs as well? I'd appreciate it.

I'll add those to the list in the Boston thread. It's going to be fun trying to fit all this stuff in the baskets... :)
  20. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay my plan as of right now is to just go for the day with the intention of coming back to RI that night but I will bring overnight stuff. PJs, sleeping bag, and money to bribe - I mean pay anyone who might be able to put me up for the night. Hopefully everything will work out. :)

As of right now, I don't need to be at the concert on Sunday until 12:30ish so that's good...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.