main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #26 | | Bowling!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Jeffbacca, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Where: East Providence Lanes

When: January 23rd. Sunday 3p.m.

What: Bowlin!

Directions: Take exit 2A off of 95. Go straight for about 10 minutes. You'll pass many intersections. lots of food places, gas stations, slater park. just keep going straight. you'll know you are getting close when you see a friendly's on your left...then a wendy's on your right with intersection lights. right after you pass wendy's, on your left you will see a sign that says east providence lanes. the place is far back of the parking lot just keep going you'll see it. park and enjoy the bowling.

Okay gang you know the drill. We go, we bowl, we have fun. Same place as last time. Bring your socks.

2. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    I'll call EP lanes ahead of time. Sometimes they hold bowling tournements on Sundays which pretty much go all day. You know I'll be there to lay the smack down on all you guys. :D Just kidding.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, most of you already know that I'm really bad. But that's ok. Is anyone else really bad so I don't feel left out? I'm planning on flying back to Boston that morning at 7am (ugh) so I can always use that as an excuse for a pathetic performance. ;)

I will need a ride, whether it be from Boston or South Attleboro. :)

4. DarthZifnab

DarthZifnab Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2005
    Ok, I'm definitely going to try to make it. May bring an interested friend along- she loves SW too, and she's almost as much of a geek as me. She's also fairly good at bowling, which will help me since I can barely lift the ball...

5. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Glad to hear the both of you can make it! :)

To the whole group: Do we want to do dinner afterward?

6. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I think that would be a good idea.

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yes - assuming that we don't stay out too terribly late. :)

8. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I can pick-up at S. Attleboro, Roseanna, if you want. Maybe you can help prevent my getting lost! ;)

And I haven't bowled in like 3 years so I probably suck too! ;)

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to break my meet streak this month. Well, it was a good run while it lasted! :)
    I have to work the previous day and I'm guessing my wife would like to see me one day on the weekend, lol.

10. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I should be there...unless work comes up but hopfully it won't be a factor.

Also, I can't bowl a lick, never have done the "normal" bowling. Only have done candlepin.

11. TheHammerGod

TheHammerGod Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2005
    Oh man, if the Patriots win this week against the Colts then the game will be on that day at 6:30. So, if the Patriots win this week I will be a no go, if they loose then I should be able to make it.

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Welcome HammerGod!!

Well if the Patriots are playing on that day I am sure wherever we are the television will be on that game.

So I wouldn't worry about missing the game unless you have a set routine when you watch the Patriots.

Ed won't be watching...well if he is he will be cheering against the Patriots.

Go Patriots!!!! (gets shot by Ed's blaster)

Ed claims to have been cleaning blaster and it went off accidentally...5 times. :p

13. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards. :)

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Have you guys thought of canceling due to the weather that's supposed to hit you late today/tomorrow? As for me, I was originally scheduled to fly in tomorrow morning, but that looks to be very unlikely now. It's not supposed to stop snowing here in Ohio until about 4am tomorrow, and it's not going to seriously snow in Boston until tonight. I think my travel plans are screwed at both ends. :(

15. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    There is a large chance that the weather will be less then nice for traveling. Right now i would say the meet is still on. I leave for work around 10 so i will post then and see whats up.

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, it's been confirmed that I won't be there tomorrow. My flight has been canceled. :(

17. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I will make some phone calls in the morning, as i will be in boston then, to see how it is in RI. It will be posted one way or the other by 9 hopefully.

18. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hope you took the T (Tauntaun line)!

19. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I think it goes without saying.

The meet is cancelled officially.

I spoke with Jeff this morning.

He got stuck working a double because the whole morning shift did not come in to work this morning.

And the conditions outside are just not good for anyone to travel.

Jeff will post later tomorrow the rescheduling of the bowling meet.

STAY IN YOUR HOMES!!!!

20. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Well I'm home. Snowed in last night so I stayed in some overrated extended living hotel. Philips club. Small pillows, ugly couches, busted TVs.

I hope no one went out yesterday.

As far as postponement of the meet. Next week is the rebel meet, so unless enough people want to go then, our meet will probably have to wait till next month.

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well there are 4 Sundays in February...we could do a make-up meet on the first Sunday and our regular meet on the last Sunday. Just an idea. :)

22. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    I think you guys were just scared of my elite bowling skills. Lol. :D

23. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Oh snap!

New Date! Febuary 6th! Same time, same place. We can discuss another meet in Febuary then.

Who can not make this date?

24. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    That is Superbowl Sunday. :(

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I can make it. The Superbowl starts at 6:30pm...do we want to maybe move the time up, or maybe some of us watch the game together later?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.