main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet 3: 4th of July Moontide festival in Rumford

Discussion in 'Archive: Maine' started by Abhors Elder, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Hey everyone... Sorry about the short notice, but Rockabilly_Jedi, Darth_Freege, and I are hosting our third meet in Rumford for the 4th of July Moontide festival. Several of the members from the MEPA and NYC FF will be in town, so with everyone and all of the festivities going on, it should be a great time :) There will be a classic car show, food booths, games, and other attractions going on all through downtown Rumford. Also, don't forget the fireworks at night! Rumford always has a great show. I can give directions to anyone who needs them :)

Also, I PM'd Merrywan about it... And I'm hoping I didn't spring it on here with too much short notice, as this would give us our third meeting, making us official :D

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Merrywan huh? hehehe

Nope, it's plenty of notice and congratulations! This meeting will indeed make you an official FanForce :D Now all you need is a name!

3. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Lol.. I was too lazy to look for the correct spelling :p

Now I shall edit my message to make yours look like the one that makes no sense!!!! :p

4. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Aw, crap... Its to late to edit :( :p

5. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    We will see you in Rumford if you guys want!

Saber Holder.....I will pm you my cell number...can you leave a message with someone from your groups number so we can meet up? I dont always get reception in Bar Harbor!

6. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Will do... I'll try to either find one of the other members, or I might be able to get ahold of a cell for myself.

7. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Well, meeting went off good today guys... Seems we should be official now!! :)

8. Darth_Freege

Darth_Freege Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Finally we did it, I'm just mad that I couldn't make it to the meeting because of work but oh well, at least we're official now

9. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Yeah... Now we should plan a meeting to all see ROTS before it leaves theaters.

10. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I'm sorry we couldn't all meet up, but congratulations on becoming official!

The Moontide Festival fireworks display was the most impressive one I've ever seen. It might not be as big as the Macy's show, but in NYC you have to stake out your spot hours beforehand to get the best view -- and even then you're packed like sardines against the East River. (Have to leave to find a bathroom? Tough, you lose your spot.) And being at the NYC show does not have quite the same effect as standing directly underneath each explosion. :D Macy's is commercialized to death; the Moontide Festival is what America is all about.

The band struck up John Williams' theme from 1941, so I was hoping for some Star Wars music as well, but to no avail. Still, the July 4th festival was the highlight of our travels through Maine.

As I sit here in the glass, steel, and concrete canyons of Manhattan, I find myself longing to return to Maine. :)

11. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Glad you had a good time!! Its really too bad we didn't get to meet up.. I tried calling the cell number Ladysith gave me quite a few times, but everytime I tried it was turned off. Well, if you saw a guy walking around in a 501st "Got armor?" t-shirt, and a dark blue Portlans Sea Dogs hat, that was me :p

Hope to catch you next time you come up :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.