Meet #5 - February 2003

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by idarii, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    well the hockey game was mucho fun, lots of laughs and of course fist fights! (er between the players that is, not between us peace loving rhode squadroners of course)

so i was thinking it would be fun to do a movie for the next meet, as there is not much else going on in february. i think daredevil would be a fun movie to see, it opens on the 14th, we could see it on sat the 15th or the next weekend (the 22nd). the only question that remains is which theater? we could do providence mall or one of the showcases in warwick. either is fine by me.

and of course if there is another movie playing at that time that everyone would rather see, we could go see that. thoughts?
  2. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I want to see Daredevil if possible.
  3. Domina_Tagge Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm up for Daredevil. Seems like it would be more fun in a group. :)
  4. Tarr Jedi Knight

star 1
    15th would work for me. Plans are for me to fly down to florida to meet my father on the 21st. Probly just going to stay for 5 days.
  5. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    okay daredevil on the 15th sounds good to me :) the only remaining question is ... where? i'd say it's between the showcase in warwick and the providence place mall - either is fine for me. i just want it to be easy to get to for everyone.
  6. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Well now I can't go to both Prov. and Boston. Don't make me choose! :p
  7. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    A Boston Rebels meet the same day as a Rhode Squadron meet? The one event I have feared above all else has come to pass. :(

What do I do? WHAT DO I DO? :confused:
  8. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Seems to me you got but one choice.....

Head to Kamino and do yourself up a clone.
  9. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    No I think most would agree that one Scott is more than enough. Two would just be way too much.
  10. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    two scotts?? //runs screaming

LOL just kidding ;)

you just have to learn how to bilocate, it's simple
  11. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Bilocate? Did you just make up that word?

No. Wait, here it is...

Bilocation

The appearance of a person in two distant places at once. The double may appear in solid or ghostly form, and usually acts strangely or mechanically and does not respond when spoken to. It can also be an object existing in two places at the same time. Bilocation is said to have been practiced by many mystics, monks and other holy figures through the ages, including famous Christian saints such as St. Anthony of Padua, St. Ambrose of Milan and Padre Pio of Italy.

Who says I can't do that?
  12. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    ok so how does providence place sound? we can meet at noon in the food court, grab a bite to eat if we like, then head up to the next showing of daredevil.
  13. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry. You'll have to count me out of this one. I can't make it.
  14. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I too will be unavailable, but I'll certainly be at the next one. :)
  15. Domina_Tagge Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm going to try, but I think we may have company from out of town that weekend. (again) They are coming either the 14th-17th or the 21st-23rd, so we'll see what happens. It mostly depends on the weather! but I should know by Thursday the 13th at the latest.

The previews do look cool.

What I'm really waiting for right now are the Matrix sequels! Yee-ha. ;)
  16. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    ooooh matrix sequels, me too :)

hope you can make it, mary, keep us posted :)
  17. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    i guess there's a little confusion on this one (sorry for not posting this earlier), here are the specifics:

WHEN: sat, feb 15
    TIME: 12 noon
    WHERE: food court at providence place mall for lunch, then upstairs for the movie

also, i started a mailing list so i can reach those who don't check the boards regularly. if i don't have your email and you'd like to sign up for it, let me know your email and i'll send you an invite to the list. :)
  18. Domina_Tagge Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all... it doesn't look good for tomorrow... I am not feeling well, and I think I might need some rest tomorrow instead of gallivanting around. (as much as I was looking forward to the meet!) I sent you a PM, Carrie.

Happy V-day all!

Mary
  19. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I was actually going to come to this...LOL. I was up in Fall River, MA visiting my boyfriend and I was going to show up and surprise you all :) Sorry I didn't end up making it. Hopefully some other time!
  20. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    aw man that would have been awesome meri! :) hopefully the chance will arise again sometime to meet you :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.