main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #6 || March 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by JediSaralyn, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    Dex, the training remote as bowling ball idea is too cool *grin* The FF Boston/Providence Bowling League, I can see it now. Bo shuda!

Hey, Padme & Anakin, ;) we are a brand new group, we have only been "official" for a couple months now - relatively speaking, we are *all* newbies! So of course newbies are welcome.

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    lol good point mary :p

ooooh my word dex that is awesome! the pins could look like x-wings and the bowling ball could be firing its laser at them! if there were enough people the cost would most likely go down...let dave know, he's all for a new england alliance ;)

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I was more going for the world-wide alliance thing. The more, the cheaper :D They take art submissions for shirts (as opposed to having their team do it). Hmm...who do we know that's an artist? Hmm, i wonder who....
    Here are the shirts they did for theonering.net. Pricing is here. Plus, you can get your name on the shirt, ooh! We could do two lines, scr name then city or state! (for a small cost) If we got, say at least 21 people...assuming a 3-color screen, it'd be $36/shirt + S&H. Not too bad actually...
    I'm going to post this over in the Boston FF area as well...maybe after that we can move toward a US/global request...mwah-ha-ha-ha

4. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    $36/shirt + S&H

:eek: //passes out

5. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    Hmm...who do we know that's an artist? Hmm, i wonder who....

if you're referring to the incident with the dragon, i was barely involved!

oops wrong movie.

i think it's a good idea if a ton of people are going to order the shirt and we can get a price break. $36 isn't bad but i know it could go lower. plus that onering.net shirt was a 3-color job, and the fewer colors ye use the lower the price. this is all hypothetically speaking, of course..

as for the meet itself, we're still waiting to hear which alley has an open lane for us on the 8th... ;) :p

6. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    new details have emerged! :p

the meet will still be on march 8th, around 3 pm, and it will be in north kingstown. i just wanted to note this so people will know now. as more details become available (such as just what the heck this place is named and where it is) they will be posted :)

7. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    As of right now, the March meet is planned for Saturday the 8th, at North Kinstown bowl. There is the possibility that it will be Rockin' bowl night, which will be really cool.....as for the vagueness of this...as for not being quite sure, that is all that the lady on the phone would tell me.

Directions to the bowling facility will be posted shortly. :)

8. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    i'm not sure i'll be able to make it if it's down in north kingstown next saturday. i'm gonna be spending friday night and probly most of saturday in boston at my cousins place. if i'm the only one this conflicts with don't worry about it. i'll just catch yas at the next meet. :)

9. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i think my vote for teams (if we do that) is ewoks vs. stormtroopers - it'll give the troops a chance to show that they really can beat a bunch of teddy bears :p

10. Domina_Tagge

May 9, 2001
    Yub nub!!

...are there any available redwood trees or catapults in the North Kingstown Bowl?? LOL

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    lol i'll just bring the spare catapult i've got laying around.

here's a recap:

DATE: sat., march 8
    TIME: 3:00 pm
    PLACE: kingstown bowl

this is the bowling alley that is on post road (route 1) in north kingstown. if you're travelling south on rte 1, it is right after the ames and dave's on your right. if you're travelling north on rte 1, it is right after the red rock place thingy on your left. it's basically across the street from the breakfast nook. :)

EDIT what was i thinking, red hook? stupid senile mind :p

12. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Wish I could make it. Catapults and bowling balls sound like fun :D

13. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I cannot attend on Saturday.
    Maybe next time, cuz I do want to use that coupon!

14. Domina_Tagge

May 9, 2001
    Chris (the Admiral, LOL) and I are going to try to make it on Saturday. It will depend on the weather, since we are now living up in Massachusetts. and it will be at least an hour drive to NK. My soul still resides in Rhode Island, hehe.

15. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hope you can make it mary :)

16. Domina_Tagge

May 9, 2001
    It doesn't look like we are going to be able to make it today. I'm sorry! Hope to catch you all at the next meet. Carrie, I sent you a PM.

have fun all,
    Mary

17. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    pictures are up in the yahoo group! (under photos...then march meet)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.