main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #7 || April 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by JediSaralyn, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    We may want to plan a secondary place of meeting in case of rain. I've seen a couple of forcast and they say rain on saturday so wouldn't hurt to have a plan beta. Weather man needs to be wrong this time =P

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    the zoo's site says they're open year round, so i'm going to assume that carousel café place would be open. we could run for cover there. although the spraypainting of the PVC wouldn't be too welcome there i'm sure.

it is good to have a plan B...any thoughts?

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Everybody jam into Carrie's place! :p

4. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    that option is always open if all else fails :)

5. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Pipe
    Very
    Cool

6. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I would love to make it down for the meet but transportation is an issue right now.

7. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ed i'm not sure what your situation is but i'm picking up a couple of rebels in attleboro saturday, if you want to get in on that. //shrugs

PS as some of you may know, my cousin is over in iraq right now...just wanted to share my relief that we got a tape from him yesterday (just got the email from my aunt this morning)...along with a pepsi can in arabic...and he was asking if J Lo was really killed in a car crash (shows how behind with the news they are)...anyway i just thought i'd share that he's ok, hoping he comes home safe.

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Carrie

thats good to hear that your cousin is safe. To show what a small world this is , the Marine who took down the statue yesterday is from my neighborhood in Brooklyn NY.

Just one other thing, when did that bogus report of J. Lo surface?

John

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    The picky vegetarian has a couple questions about food for Saturday:

Carrie: You're still planning on bringing bread, lettuce, and tomato, right? Will you be bringing any condiments?

Sara: What kinds of beverages are you bringing?

I'll be bringing some snack food type items...like pretzels, chips, maybe some apples. Whatever looks good when I go to the store. I'd make something myself but since I've been sick all week I don't think anyone would appreciate contaminated food. :)

10. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Thanks for reminding me Roseanna...

I wanted to ask everyone what kind of beverages they prefer. I was going to go with the regular coke/diet coke deal...but I don't know if there is a Pepsi preference or whatnot.

Anything that is desired...just ask and I'll see what I can do. :)

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't drink pop/soda/whatever you'd like to call it, so I'd prefer something like apple juice. I'll be bringing my own water though, so don't worry about the juice if I'm the only person who wants it. :)

12. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    john: i'm not sure when that J Lo thing was going around, but it was quite some time ago IIRC.

roseanna: yes i'll be bringing honey mustard, mayo...anything else anyone puts in a request for before saturday. i'm only bring small amounts in case by some miracle the weather warms up, and i don't want spoiled mayo.

and last but not least

sara: diet cola of any type is fine by me. caffeine free is even better but i won't be picky. a little bit won't hurt me :p

PS - apple juice is a-ok with me too, if you'd rather bring that.

13. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I will make it a suprise, but I will try my best to bring a smile to everyone's faces ;) :p

14. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    roseanna would you prefer i get some veggie lunchmeat as well? i myself like it lots, so it's no big deal. if not that's fine, i'm just not sure if you'll be having all veggies or if that would be okay by you too.

15. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Veggie lunchmeat? Like Boca stuff?
    *passes out*

16. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    worry not, i shall bring real meat as well :)

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey, veggie lunchmeat would be cool! I'd be content with a lettuce/tomato/mayo sandwich, but if you like veggie lunchmeat too, go for it! :)

18. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Carrie

Thanks

Veggie Lunch Meat? Isnt that an oxymoron?

John

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    That depends on how you define meat. Being bored and lazy and sick and not having anything better to do, I just read my Webster's Dictionary entry on meat:

1. The edible flesh of mammals.
    2. An edible, fleshy, inner part.
    3. The edible portions of eggs, nuts, or fruits.
    4. The essence or central part.
    5. (slang) Something one enjoys or excels in.
    6. Something eaten for nourishment.

So, using definitions 2-4 and 6, veggie lunchmeat would not be an oxymoron. And, to conclude this informative post about the meaning of the word meat, I leave you with this interesting piece of history, courtesy of Webster's:

"In Old English times the word denoted food of any kind, but chiefly solid food in contrast to liquids. In later medieval times meat came to signify animal flesh in contrast to fish, and at times in contrast to poultry as well. In very recent times meat has occasionally been restricted to denoting a particular kind of animal flesh, such as pork."

See you all Saturday! :)

20. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    You MIT students have way too much time on your hands. :p

21. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Carrie need you to give me a call if you read this before its too late. Don't have your number.

22. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Nevermind the above post. =P

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    who what where? :p

well guys i should say that the sabers were awesome! :) i can't wait to see the finished products. hopefully i can play around with the video and take some stills from them n whatnot :)

24. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Just wanted to say that I did have a lot of fun, even if I seemed like I wasn't. Yes, I was sick and miserable most of the time, but I have a lightsaber now and that makes it all worth it! Hehe...and Carrie, I think I left my umbrella in your car. Hope it doesn't rain again here any time soon. :)

25. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hehe yup i noticed it when i got home, i was like d'oh! i'm glad you had a good time and i hope you feel better soon, roseanna. i'll keep the umbrella in a safe spot til i can return it to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.