main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Meet a real life ex-RSA! One night only!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Silmarillion, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Ive already met sil so there :p..let me tell u tho..shes a mighty fine ambassadeur for qld..heckjsut be gald its not Grieyls or Sith ytar coming..trust me..if they were coming youd all be in trouble :)

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I suggest we were meet in the City (and see Galaxy, Movie Mod, whatever) in the morning/arvo for everyone to come, then, as it gets dark, the 18+ peeps can head over to Fox Studios for the bar. We could even head over to Fox a bit earlier if we get bored and play a little frisbee there (like we said before).

It's all a matter of what time Sil can come and what time she's gotta go.

BTW, where is she, no sign of her in this thread for a while...

3. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Well I was planning on meeting Sil at the airport...

4. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    So was I :)

5. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    As was I.

However, like I said, its about how many cars there are. If its only Kad, then that makes Kad, Sil, and 3 of us only.

As the RSA/CR, Shara should be there. There are only another two spots available.

Like I said, I would like to, however, if someone else feels a pressing need, then I will happily stand aside.

6. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    I dunno...maybe the people who know her the best/talk to her the most?

That'd definfately put you on the list, Dagsy. :)

Edit: spelling lessons to message 6314636...spelling lessons to message 6314636...

7. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Well Im not going by car, I know the buses and trains from here to Fox like the back of my neck :p

8. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Like I said, if anyone feels a pressing need, they can go.

Other than that, its all up for grabs.

Perhaps we let Sil suggest whom she wants to meet her?

9. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Probably the best idea there. :D

10. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Can we decide already :p

11. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Well it's like 5 mins away from me so its no biggie.

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    i'm up for anything
    whatever you guys feel is right, i'm in

I can drive, assuming she still works then, of course.

13. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Well if there's two cars, then more people can meet her at the airport. :)

14. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Wow, I didn't know this would be such a point of contention!

I figure I'm going to meet everyone anyway, so the airport thing shouldn't be a big deal (I'll probably look hungover and tired if that sways any of you to make a decision). ;)

But I'd love for Shara to be there. And if I positively had to choose, it'd probably be Dagsy and maes since I've known them the longest. (And I haven't forgotten you, wedge3210!) But since this is just an airport trip, I don't know what to do! Just where are you guys taking me?? :p

There will be much frivolity throughout the evening, so let's focus on what the heck we're doing then. :)

15. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    If maes is going, I am happy to stand aside for DA.
    Like what Ki said, more cars=more people.

Oh yeah, we actually have to figure out where we are going!
    All we know so far is Galaxy (perhaps people can meet there), and Fox at night...with a possible late night excursion to Harrys Cafe de Wheels.

EDIT: BTW, Sil, where are you staying that night?

16. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    That's top secret. ;)

Actually, I'm staying with Shara. :)

17. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Aw, in her groovy new place!! Lucky! :D

Shivers though Sil, I wouldn't say you've known me very long.. Plenty of people around way before that. DA and the weathergirl for starters.. well, not DA WITH the weathergirl, I'd be poopy about that ;)

Heh. Anyways I'm not fussed, in fact I really didn't expect to be included in the welcome party (who'd wanna look at my mug after stepping off a long flight :D). Make it Kadue, Dags, Shar and someone else in one carload... Or, for comfort's sake (hey I know the back of Kadue's car is a little small, you might not want 3 people squished in the back, plus luggage), just leave it at you three guys. And another carload full if anyone else wants in. And I reckon you'd be able to meet up with everyone in the city by about 1:30-2pm? Maybe we could all meet at Town Hall steps and take it from there.

One problem - parking in the city for the car(/s). Can anyone ever find a park without paying *ahem*-loads for it? I've never tried... haven't dared to. :\

Boy. Who woulda thought all this would turn into such an organisational big deal.

PS. Dags... its sweet saying you'd be happy to step aside but we all know deep down you wouldn't wanna miss out on meeting the "brightest of the gemstones on earth" as she steps off the plane, eh? ;) :D

18. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Not quite as she steps off the plane, more like "once she manages to barge past the old man arguing about the inflight meal with the purser, the guy who is holding about 15 magazines and newspapers, the country guy who's off to visit his folks in the big smoke (he's the guy who leaves a layer of bulldust two inches thick on your clothes when he walks past), past the two old women who talked about breeding dogs / horses / cats / <insert animal of choice> the whole trip, the just married couple still giddy from their honeymoon (it's the smooching sounds from the next row), the other old lady complaining how the seat gave her gyp, past the attendant who kept giving her the eye, past the rich bastich in first class who got drunk on champagne, the sydney socialite returning from her holiday (listen for the words "Daaaaarrrllllliiinnggg"), through the doors, through the throng," only then could Dagsy say hello.

And that's asuming she didn't get given the kosher meal by mistake, or the kiddies meal, that's even worse.

Note: this has all happened to me, and i've only ever flown 3 times, so feel lucky

( I didn't mention the mile high club because I know there are kiddies listening, or reading)

19. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I think you're pushing it if you think I'll be able to get to the airport by the time you get there. The Friday night before will be filled with a few beers with the Knights and Broncos playing.

I'm working on it though!

20. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Can't come. I'll be back at college by then.

21. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Well, since Sil has decreed it, be there I shall. ;)

Uh yeah...anyway... [face_blush]

22. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm beginning to wish I never made that seemingly obvious reference to the Silmarils forged by Feanor in Valinor, as outlined in Tolkeins book The Silmarillion ;)

Has anyone thought about Bondi Beach? A trip to Sydney should preferably include the beach, although it can get chockers, and isnt my most favourite place to be at night. I guess the beach would also depend on the weather?

23. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Just remember that I'm a Queensland girl. And your summery weather might not equal my summery weather. ;)

24. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    would you be freaked out if I met you at the airport?

25. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I dunno if Ill be there before going to FOX, but Im still holding everyone to that game of Ultimate Frisbee y'all promised me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.