main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet - Be There Or Be A Rhombus!

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Miso_Jace, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    there is an 8 o'clock show at Cineworld...

6 o'clock in the pub is just right....maybe 5.30.... I'm open to offers .....

2. Miso_Jace

Miso_Jace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Ok, I'll be in the Bier Halle at 5:30, the pictures thread will show you what to look for (Dank, I believe I'm looking for a 6 foot skinhead?), and I am entrusting you with my mobile number if you need to contact me -

Please contact me asap & let me know if you're still coming because I'm coming into town specially & don't want to sit in the Bier Halle all night on my own like a tool.

I don't know if I'll be able to check this forum again today, so telephone contact, even if it's just a yea or nay text, is imperative.

3. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    done so

now take yir mobile number down off the interweb !

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Aye, probably a good idea. I suggest using PMs for stuff like mobile numbers :)

5. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    no no
    I use my PMs exclusively for naked pictures

only way to include mobile numbers in that is if the girl in question writes them on her dirty-pillows

however, thankyou, in Miso's absence, for editing that info out.

I now need a drink to recover from the shock of a moderator doing something useful :)

ps

not read a single good review for this cartoon yet.
    allegedly way too kiddie-fied.

6. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    It wasn't as bad as the reviews made it out to be, visually it looked smashing, though the dialogue was a bit too 'young', and there was a tad too much comedy in it (Star Wars is serious business [face_plain] ). However it was actually ok, the people writing those reviews are most likely easily offended super fanboys, as it really wasn't as offensive as they claim, and the hour & a half running time actually fitted it pretty well.

The pizza & drinks at the Bier Halle were better though hehe.

As for the 'proper' use of PM's.....charming......:p

Yeah sorry for being a trumpet & posting my number publicly, I was hassled & didn't think beforehand.

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Saw it yesterday (for free, hehe) and enjoyed it. Agree that those offended by it are nerdy super-fanboys who expect everything to be TESB/ROTS-ified. I even approved of the soundtrack.

8. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    Hope everyone had a good time - meself and the missus ran late all day Friday so apologies for not meeting up! A good old-fashioned fun film, probably better with characters completely removed from the main ones in the movies, but that cliff-face battle was superb!

9. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Ended up seeing it today, thought it was very very good despite the comedy! looking fwd to the series!

10. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    I THINK I really quite enjoyed it.
    Certainly, not the embarassathon suggested by the AICN reviewers...

in particular, the baby hutt and the gay jazz hutt did not, as characters, give me nearly as much squirm as Jar Jar, or Captain Panaka etc

Maybe biggest problem I had was the huge quantity of screen time given to clone troopers shooting droids and vice versa.... i know we all like a good fight scene, but c'mon, once you've seen one spider droid blowing up, that's it, next scene please.

------------

and, OH MY GOD so that WASN'T you Lizardmonkey?

Me and Miso just went round the pub accosting the more geeky looking patrons until we found a couple, both with goatee beards and Firefly t-shirts, presumed it was yous, bought them/you a few drinks and dragged them to the cinema. They didn't complain. Looked a bit confused when we kept calling them Mr and Mrs Monkey right enough......

11. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I found Capote the Hutt quite amusing!

I bet those two you picked up in the pub were secretly terrified! :p

12. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    I agree there was too much comedy in it.

13. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    Capote the Hutt!!! Love it! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.