main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet in London on Saturday 11 November

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by major_phennir, Nov 5, 2006.

?

Meet in London on Saturday 11 November

Poll closed Nov 11, 2006.
  1. Little Venice and Canal Museum

33.3%
  2. Docklands & Canary Wharf

33.3%
  3. Imperial War Museum

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    I am going to be in London next Saturday for my Open University Tutorial so thought I might suggest a meet up in the afternoon. My tutorials are at Waterloo so would suggest that we meet at Waterloo at 1pm under the clock.

Three options I?ve thought of, which you can vote for in the poll above.

Firstly a visit to Little Venice and canal boat trip or walk along the towpath. There is the London Canal Museum near Kings Cross, which might be worth a visit. It is possible to get 2 for 1 entry currently with National Rail.

Second option would be a trip down to Docklands. This has the attraction (for me at least!) of a trip on the DLR. There is the Museum in Docklands (again in the 2 for 1 offer) which sounds interesting. Then there is Canary Wharf (one of my favourite places in London) or across the river to Greenwich and possibly the Maritime Museum (which is an excellent and worthwhile visit).

Third option and closest to Waterloo, is a visit to the Imperial War Museum. I went a couple of years ago (first time since I?d been on a school trip) and was impressed. Even if you?re not into tanks and airplanes, there is plenty of interest and I remember the Holocaust exhibition was particularly good.

I?ve selected the above because either entry is £5 or under or FREE and it would be great to have a ?cheap? day out in London.

If anyone is interested, choose your preferred option and post your attendence below. Cheers :)

*** Thread locked - see last post***

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    we'd love to come,but will be somewhere east of area 51,looking for weather balloons...
    hope the weather is kind.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll probably be working I'm afraid.
    But if I'm working late as I normally do on Saturdays, I might be able to attend for a little while.

4. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    This is no longer going ahead so I have asked Tim to lock the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.