Meet in the more southern (Portsmouth) area?

Discussion in 'South' started by lukesgirlie, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesgirlie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Unfortunatly the majority of our members are unable to attend the MK meets, and as many of these members come from the southampton/portsmouth/salisbury area, would you be interested is having a meet? There are a few events nearby (NT, EH and general) or you could have a trip to see a film, museum or some other attraction.

Would anyone be up for this? And if so when would be a good time and what do you faincy doing?
  2. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    If I could figure out how to work Trains I'd be there in a flash. Alternatively, I could hitch a lift :p

Don't have a clue what to do though :p
  3. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    The train to portsmouth from salisbury is very easy. You get on the train for portsmouth harbour, if you get off at the stop before (portsmouth and southsea, iirc) I can meet you there and feed you tea as my flat is nearby.
  4. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well you did all have the opportunity for a meet in Portsmouth a couple of weeks ago but nobody seemed interested then...

As for me, a meet anywhere in that area is great - any excuse to go back to Pompey is welcome :) But this time instead of just talking about doing these things lets actually do it. Set a date and stick to it!
  5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I wasn't living in portsmouth then and couldn't travel. :(
  6. DarkStar_010 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've not been on this forum for about 2 years, and just had reason to come back and just saw this now.

I'm in Portsmouth, up for a meet if anyone wants to :D
  7. marte Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey DarkStar! nice to meet you! :)
    as for me, as I said elsewhere I'm busy until end of october, and am up for whatever afterwards :) it's probably gonna be a pain to get from Plymouth to anywhere but Bristol or London, so it doesn't really matter :D
  8. lukesgirlie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome to FF-UK:South DarkStar :D

You'd be more than welcome at this ir any other meet. We have a number in MK as well if you're interested :)
  9. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Is there going to be a meet?
  10. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi DarkStar, welcome to the South :)

Anytime after end of October is good for a meet down in Pompey or thereabouts. Last time I was done there we did the Spinnaker Tower, which was good, although weather wasn't so great, which does make a difference. Other things to do are the Historic Dockyard, the link-chain walk around the harbour, harbour trip on one of the blue boats, cinema, bowling, pubs, restaurants, etc :) Even nearby Scumhampton, although I am loathe to admit it, has plenty to offer ;)
  11. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    a boat trip?
    can we go on a boat trip?
    can we?
  12. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Only if it's a Gondola :p

[image=http://travel.taquitos.net/travelpics13/vegas-venetian-gondola.jpg]

With the funny-looking Gondoliers
  13. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay are we actually going to organise this? What dates are best for everyone?
  14. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Let's get some consensus of who can make this area for meets, and then what dates people can/can't do?

There are a lot of meets between now and end of the year, I doubt I could make one in Pompy, but I'd do my best to try, to support you all :D
  15. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can do. Best weekends for me are 4/5, 11/12 November, 2/3, 9/10 December
  16. marte Jedi Master

star 4
    hey,
    I hate to commit myself in fear of being publicly tared and feathered if I bail out, seeing that my job etc etc blablabla, but currently the 11/12 nov looks free for me. Gosh, I'm all excited just writing about it :p

edit: ARGH, never mind, that's the weekend when the little SciFi Con is here in Plymouth (see Meets and Events thread)

...anyone wanna come down? [face_batting]
    so 18/19 nov there's nothing in my calendar so far - can't say for december yet.
  17. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was thinking of doing the con in Plymouth but if we're going to do a meet in Pompey as well, I'd find it easier and cheaper to do the latter.
  18. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    11/12 november would be good for me.

18/19 november is my birthday weekend, so I might be going home/to londong/getting drunk/etc.

4/5 november is good with me, I don't have any plans, but even if I do have a pub crawl I'll make it, and without a hang over too. :cool:
  19. DarkStar_010 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Late in November is good for me too :D
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I propose the 25/26 november as the weekend of the meet. Is that good with everyone?

I also suggest that we meet at Portsmouth & Southsea station, it's on the train line going into portsmouth and I live nearby. Is that good with everyone?
  21. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Unfortunately the 25/26 November is no good for me as I am due to be working that Saturday, I am changing jobs before then and so might be able to make that weekend but looks doubtful at the moment :(
  22. marte Jedi Master

star 4
    I would, personally, prefer the 18/19 - I have to work the following weekend.
  23. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think I am probably going to have to drop out of this now as all my weekends in November are booked. Sorry!
  24. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    I thought the idea of doing a meet in the Portsmouth area was so that those who say its too far to come to MK, could have a meet nearer them. So why the lack of enthusiasm? I know I said above that I would probably have to drop out although if we can nail down a weekend then I will try and change my arrangements and make it along. There seems little point in doing so if nobody else is bothering to make this work :(

Come on lets see some enthusiasm! :)
  25. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    This is proving to be harder than herding cats. :/

Everyone PM me EVERY weekend that you're available. I will then sort it out so that as many people as possible can attend. Hopefully it will be everyone, but I make no promises.

If you do weekends up untill the weekend before christmas but not including that weekend, that'll give us a nice long period to sort things out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.