main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY MEET INFORMATION FOR THE NY AIDSWALK. PLEASE READ IF YOU'RE ATTENDING

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MerlynNY, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlynNY

MerlynNY Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    Hey Folks,

The aidswalk is less than a week away (Sunday for those who forgot) and I just wanted to post some final info on meet times and such.

The Aidswalk SIGN-IN begins at 8:30 am, so I propose we meet at the Southeast Corner of FAO at 8:00am SHARP. That gives us half an hour to get in costume (again, it's optional). To those that are driving
    in, I know there's a parking garage right around the corner from FAO. Zippy can post more information on that as he's parked there for the FAO events we've done.

For the people who are taking train and subway in, maybe you can meet up with the drivers and stash your stuff in their car for the walk.

There is a PDF file with some good info on the aidswalk website. Here's the link:

http://www.aidswalk.net/newyork/content/doe.pdf

Sunday's weather has a high of 73 and a low of 58. There's a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Since we're doing this so early in the morning, I think for the most part, we'll be cool most of the day. Again, and I feel I must stress this, if you think it's too
    hot for your costume, then don't wear it. Everyone's health comes first as far as I'm concerned, so if you want to wear shorts and a t-shirt, that's completely fine by me. I plan on wearing my tusken (with sneakers) and bringing a bag in case I need to take it off.

This is the second year we're doing the aidswalk and I'm proud to say we have members from the NER, ECG, Rebel Legion, and three fanforces in attendance! VERY NICE TEAMWORK GUYS!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to drop me an email at MerlynNY@aol.com

The day of the aidswalk I will have my cell phone on me. If you need the number, please drop me an email.

-Dion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.