main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~Meet the Family~A Han/Leia vignette AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Jedi_of_Destiny_, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Okay. Here's a little piece where Han is introduced to the Skywalkers and Leia makes the mistake of taking too long getting dressed. Hope you enjoy.

:)

Meet the Family

A young, petite brunette rummaged through her closet, sporadically throwing articles of clothing in the air behind her, they landed, leaving her normally spotless bedroom littered and looking as if it had been caught in the middle of a war zone.

Her search, which she pursued with a single-minded devotion, was not halted, not even when an impatient sounding knock thudded at the door.

She took a dress of modest cut off a hanger and examined it against her reflection in the mirror by her bed. ?No, this will never do,? she muttered, and tossed it over her head.

Knock. Knock.

?What is it now?? she demanded as she swung the door open.

A young man, her brother, her twin brother, gave her a wan smile. ?Sorry to interrupt,? he said, in a tone that made it clear that he wasn?t, ?But Dad is grilling your new boyfriend pretty badly.?

Leia Skywalker paled visibly and she frowned. ?Dad promised he?d behave!?

Luke?s smile morphed into an evil grin, the kind that made clear he was enjoying every second of it. ?You know that your meaning of ?behave? and Dad?s don?t exactly mean the same thing.?

The young woman shook her head, exasperated. ?I swear he?s such a child, sometimes. I can?t see what pleasure he could get by making every guy I bring to the house nervous. He?s a Jedi Master, for crying out loud! After I tell guys who I am, most run for it because he?s my Father. That?s intimidation enough!?

Luke chuckled and threw an arm around his sister. ?Just be glad Mom isn?t here yet.?

Leia?s eyes widened a fraction and she smiled. ?Yeah, guess I should count my blessings.?

Narrowing her eyes, she gave her brother a look. ?What are you still doing here? Go save him! I still have to get ready. Tell them I?ll be right down.?

?Yeah, right,? Luke muttered as Leia slammed the door. ?Women!? he said, and shook his head, frustratingly.

?No sir.? he answered.

?No, I don?t believe so, sir.? he replied.

?Me? A scoundrel? Where?d you here that?? he argued.

?I?m a law-abiding citizen, thank you very much.? he confessed.

This conversation was not going well and Han grimaced inwardly. If you could call it a conversation, it seemed more like an interrogation to him. He had always considered himself an intelligent individual but perhaps it was time to re-evaluate that assessment.

Where had he got the bright idea to come to Leia?s family?s apartments? Han asked himself.

She had told him how her father was the Anakin Skywalker, famed Jedi Master and her Mother was Padme? Naberrie Skywalker, once Senator, now Chancellor of the Republic. He was shocked to learn, after calling her just Leia for weeks, that he was dating the daughter of what amounted to the Republic?s royal family.

Maybe he would keep a closer watch on the HoloNet so as to not to be on the receiving end of another surprise like this one.

Han had played it smooth, naturally. No Jedi Master was going to keep him from seeing Leia. This time, he actually cared about a girl. Lando would give him hell if he knew, but that?s why his old smuggling buddy knew nothing accept that she was ?beautiful?, and ?fun to be around?.

Leia had looked at him in surprise, commenting that he was made of sterner stuff that most guys she dated if he was going to face down her Father. That was when he swallowed hard.

He was doing that now too. Anakin Skywalker?s reputation was bad enough but it paled in comparison with the man itself. Han wasn?t all that concerned with her father being a Jedi Master-though he had heard Jedi could sense if he was lying or not- surprisingly. Right now, looking into those determined eyes, all Han saw was a worried father who was concerned about the well being of his daughter.

That scared him straight.

If he was being honest, Han had to admit that the kind of wo

2. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Very, very amusing Jedi of Destiny! Interesting scenerio and clear representation of our beloved characters - no Han/Leia/Luke killing! Hallelujah! Padme was also hilarious - and the end?
    Priceless!

Wonderful work!

*KR*

3. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

Well done, well done, well done!!! I haven't read a Han/Leia fic like that in ages.

You really got into the minds of the characters, Bravo!

4. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    What an interesting read!!! Given Han's past, I thought the Skywalkers were actually pretty easy on Han. Luke was a brat though...thank goodness Leia stood up to him.

Like everyone else, I LOVED the ending. Priceless!!! Anakin definitely surprised me with his turbolift comment.

Well done!

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    First: You wrote something and didn't tell me :mad: Shame on you! [face_shame_on_you]

A young, petite brunette rummaged through her closet

*Resists urge to make a comment this time*

?Me? A scoundrel? Where?d you here that?? he argued.
    ?I?m a law-abiding citizen, thank you very much.? he confessed.

[face_laugh]

all Han saw was a worried father who was concerned about the well being of his daughter.
    That scared him straight.

:p

The women he went for usually didn?t have a father that cared, most didn?t have a father at all.

So he preys on the vulnerable? :p

?Yes, sir, this piece of furniture is one of a kind, I?d say. My bottom?s never been in more pleasure than sitting here right now.?

[face_laugh] Poor Han!

A beautiful woman walked in gracefully and gave Anakin a kiss on the lips.

Now that he's seen Padmé, he'll probably be dumping Leia and going after the more mature Skywalker :p

?Is there a problem Captain Solo? That is your intention with my daughter, isn?t it? You plan to get to know her, to marry her, to have children with her and respect and honor her for the rest of your life? That is your intent, is it not??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?On the contrary, Mom,? she said sweetly, her brown eyes fiery, ?Mara Jade is the skank Luke sneaks out to see after you?ve gone to bed. He?s been going on these midnight jaunts for quite awhile now.?

[face_laugh]

?Could you at least wait until you get to the turbolift next time?? was all he asked.

:p

That was very cute, and hilarious, JOD. How nerve racking it would be to date a girls whos parents were Anakin and Padmé. You captured Han's discomfort quite well, and there were lots of good laughs in there. I also really liked the idea of the Skywalkers being a family :)

Great post :D

6. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That was sweet and funny!

7. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    YES!

I love fics like this, and good ones are hard to find.

Anakin was priceless, with the whole -wait til the turboluft line-

And Han and Leia were adorable, as always.

Sniggers at Jade being called a skank.....

Wonderful job!

8. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    KnightedRogue:

Very, very amusing Jedi of Destiny! Interesting scenerio and clear representation of our beloved characters - no Han/Leia/Luke killing! Hallelujah! Padme was also hilarious - and the end?
    Priceless!

Wonderful work!

:) Thanks, Rogue. I'm so used to seeing serious Han, Leia, Luke fics and I wanted to have something funny to read to balance it out. I'm glad you found it funny.

Well done, well done, well done!!! I haven't read a Han/Leia fic like that in ages.

You really got into the minds of the characters, Bravo!

I always find that OT characters are harder to stay true to their character. I'm relieved to know I did them justice. :p Thanks for reading.

QueenOfAces:
    What an interesting read!!! Given Han's past, I thought the Skywalkers were actually pretty easy on Han. Luke was a brat though...thank goodness Leia stood up to him.

Like everyone else, I LOVED the ending. Priceless!!! Anakin definitely surprised me with his turbolift comment.

Well done!

Yeah, I think Anakin should have given him a harder time. :p Luke was a brat, huh? Hey, he can't be an earnest farmboy all the time, right?

YodaKenobi:
    First: You wrote something and didn't tell me Shame on you!

Sorry, I posted it late at night on the spur of the moment. Hey, don't complain. You found it, didn't you?

*Resists urge to make a comment this time*

I should have learned from the first time.

So he preys on the vulnerable?

No comment. lol :p

Now that he's seen Padmé, he'll probably be dumping Leia and going after the more mature Skywalker

I can't see Han going with Padme? Mature ain't Han's thing. :)

That was very cute, and hilarious, JOD. How nerve racking it would be to date a girls whos parents were Anakin and Padmé. You captured Han's discomfort quite well, and there were lots of good laughs in there. I also really liked the idea of the Skywalkers being a family

Great post

[face_blush] thanks.

That was sweet and funny!

Thanks, Dally. :)

Solo-Evenstar:
    YES!

I love fics like this, and good ones are hard to find.

Anakin was priceless, with the whole -wait til the turboluft line-

And Han and Leia were adorable, as always.

Sniggers at Jade being called a skank.....

Wonderful job!

Thanks for reading, Solo!I have nothing against Mara Jade but a lot of fics I read he's always drooling all over her(not literally, :p )and I thought it would be fun to poke fun at her. :p

Thanks for reading everyone!

9. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    That was very funny and cute! I could imagine something like that happening if everything else didn't happen. Han and Leia defending their relationship to Leia's family was very fun. Good job!

10. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Thank you for reading, Princess! :)

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Han was like a tame kitty compared to that seductive Mara Jade Luke was always following around?

Funny! Luke sneaking around with Mara. That's great!

12. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Funny! Luke sneaking around with Mara. That's great!

Heh, heh, heh. :D

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOLOLOLOL! That was so cute!

14. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh, this just made my night!!! It was my favorite kind of Skywalker AU...fun, and a little zany! Woohoo!

15. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    DarthIshtar: LOLOLOLOL! That was so cute!

Thanks!

Laura_Anu:
    Oh, this just made my night!!! It was my favorite kind of Skywalker AU...fun, and a little zany! Woohoo!

[face_blush] I'm happy you got some laughs to make your night. :D

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I wish there were more!

17. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    :D Is that your subtle way of telling me to make it into a fic? [face_laugh] I'm a little tied up right now. I don't think I could handle another fic. [face_blush]

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    So you are working on a Beyond one then? ;) :) :p

Sorry, I posted it late at night on the spur of the moment. Hey, don't complain. You found it, didn't you?

Just by chance [face_not_talking]

I should have learned from the first time.

Yes :p

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's my way of saying, I may do a fic of my own, but it's kinda a meet-the-parents pre-rotj.

20. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    So you are working on a Beyond one then?

Why must you ask questions that you already have the anwser to? ;)

Just by chance

Or the Force, perhaps? :p

It's my way of saying, I may do a fic of my own, but it's kinda a meet-the-parents pre-rotj

Sweet. That's a good idea. I'd read that. :)

21. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I can't believe I haven't read this before!

Very funny and true to the character's JOD! All in all a great little story... and the last line? Classic!!! :D

22. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! That was great. Poor Han, facing off against Leia's entire family, but the guy held his own. ;)

23. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Great! I loved that last line. Really, Anakin...

And Luke was a bit of a brat. I can understand that he'd be worried, but Lukie, Lukie, Lukie, you really ought to be careful, especially when your sister knows about your secrets...

And the entire Han-Anakin exchange was hilarious. Meeting Anakin scared him straight- hee!

Really, I loved this. A very humourous fic.

24. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    The_Jesstar:
    I can't believe I haven't read this before!

Very funny and true to the character's JOD! All in all a great little story... and the last line? Classic!!!

[face_blush] Thanks.

Gina:

LOL! That was great. Poor Han, facing off against Leia's entire family, but the guy held his own.

Yeah, Han's a pretty tough guy. :p

Alethia:
    Great! I loved that last line. Really, Anakin...

And Luke was a bit of a brat. I can understand that he'd be worried, but Lukie, Lukie, Lukie, you really ought to be careful, especially when your sister knows about your secrets...

And the entire Han-Anakin exchange was hilarious. Meeting Anakin scared him straight- hee!

Really, I loved this. A very humourous fic.

Thank you. Yeah, if your sister has the means to blackmail you, you better keep your mouth shut. :p Poor Luke. :)

25. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Oh how cute! Poor Han to be grilled so, LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.