main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Meet the Stars from Star Wars!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Jarvis, Jun 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    From Ben the one in charge of setting up these great events for all to enjoy:

Sci-Fi Expo & Toy Show
    June 15-16, Grapevine Convention Center: Grapevine Tx
    Special Star Wars guests:
    Shannon Baksa - Mara Jade
    Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett
    Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca
    Mike Quinn - Nien Numb

At the show be sure you register for our post convention party at GAMEWORKS. Gameworks, our newest sponsor, promises lots of fun for Expo attendees. Planned activities include chances to race Boba-Fett actor Jeremy Bulloch, and Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew on Gameworks $20,000 all new Star Wars Episode I Pod Racer arcade game! Other fun stuff includes a special photo opportunity with the celebrities, discounted game cards, prizes and much more! For all the details check out http://www.scifiexpo.com and make sure you attend the Grapevine Sci-Fi Expo just 3 minutes from the Dallas / Fort Worth airport!

Sci-Fi Expo & Toy Show
    June 30-01, Shreveport Expo Hall Shreveport, La
    Special Star Wars guests:
    Michonne Bourriague - Aurra Sing
    Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett
    Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca
    Alan Ruscoe (1st US appearance) Episode 1 & 2 Plo Koon, Bib Fortuna plus even more characters!
    Mike Quinn - Nien Numb, and also appearing
    The official Back to the Future website presenting in his first convention appearance, Back To The Future Trilogy villian... Tom Wilson (Bif, Griff, and Mad Dog Tannen).

Sponsoring this special first event in Louisiana:
    Hasbro Toys - Hasbro will be displaying upcoming never shown Star Wars toys, and they promise that their convention give-away will be even cooler than last years 6' autographed Naboo Fighter, stay tuned for details as they unfold! ...and...

Ultarama Collectible Display Systems - Ultarama will be at hand to test your Star Wars trivia knowledge, and to give away some very cool door prizes!
    --
    Sincerely,
    Ben

Ben Stevens
    Sci-Fi Expo
    http://www.scifiexpo.com

Sci-Fi Expo
    PO Box 941111
    Plano Tx 75094-1111
    972-578-0213

>Sorry I didnt give more notice, I know it's this weekend. DFWFF will have a table set up so you can meet some of us up there, I'll be around too. We will also screen the fan film made in Grapevine, A Question of Faith several times during the event.

MTFFBWY!

2. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    I guess nobody made it up this weekend. Oh well.

We had a great time, saw/ bought lots of toys and even met Boba, Chewie, and Nien Numb. Alot of fans got to race the stars in Pod Racer and all had a great time.

I have some video I am putting together for the next event. I'll get a link posted ASAP.

MTFBWY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.