Meet Up Ideas for the Future.....

Discussion in 'London UK' started by Yoshee, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshee RSA FFUK/EUROPE, CR Emeritus: London

Manager
    star 6
    Okies guys, the thread title says it all really. The aim of this thread is to discuss possible meets in the future, like where to go and what to do ect.....

So, discuss and make me proud to be your chapter Reap....... Or else!!!! [face_mischief] :p
  2. ChrisLyne Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd like to see us aim for something like Celebration (though on a much smaller scale) with dealers, autographs, talks and panels, etc.

Hasbro seems to be more receptive to fan events these days (public showing of the new packaging at Toy Master last year and at Memorabilia this month). So if we did eventually get something like that going I'm sure we could attract them and the Official Magazine.

It would take a lot of planning (a year at least) and we'd have to know the demand was there to cover the costs, but it could be a great event to have every year or two.

Certainly need to start small though, like the Alton Towers trip, see what reaction we get to that and build it from there.

There's lots of Star Wars actors who live in the UK (Memorabilia and Collectormania prove this) and I think it would be interesting if we could get them to do a talk or Q+A session as well as signing autographs.

Who knows, if we do it well and it gets supported we could end up getting some of the bigger names a few events down the line ;) ...... or I could just wake up and stop dreaming ;)
  3. TheDarthVader Jedi Master

star 3
    I would like to second everything said by Chris.

We in the UK seem far too laid back and would rather wait for others to organize events for us. Unfortunately, nothing works like this, if we want events, we will have to make ourselves heard and active.

We have missed the boat for ROTS, but, hopefully we will have enough momentum to do something big for the two new shows, starting 2007/2008. So lets start small and build a mountain.
  4. ChrisLyne Force Ghost

star 3
    Personally my dream would be to get someone like Mark Hamill down for it. Since Collectormania got Carrie Fisher I'm sure a well organised fan event may be able to persuade him. Plus who wouldn't like to hear him talk about his experience making the original trilogy? Or even his work on stuff since then, like Batman: The Animated Series (I still can't get over Joker and Luke Skywalker being the same guy!)
  5. TheDarthVader Jedi Master

star 3
    i know, it would be amazing to get Mark. I was really hoping he would come to CIII, imagine if we could get him that would be fantastic.
  6. ChrisLyne Force Ghost

star 3
    He did C2 didn't he?

I know he was originally rumoured for Collectormania the same time as Carrie was. Then Carrie got confirmed and Mark didn't :(
  7. TheDarthVader Jedi Master

star 3
    i dont know if he did CII. But we certainly have the potential to get some attention here.
  8. Raj_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm - anyone tried a fan film before... ?
  9. TheDarthVader Jedi Master

star 3
    I did at CIII, but it is still being edited. I would like to work on a real one though, with a budget, script, cast or flash animation.

10. ChrisLyne Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd love to do a fan film at some point. But my problem is budget. Even if I had the perfect script (and I don't even have much of an idea right now!) and knew how (or knew someone who knew how) to work computers for special effects, the costumes, equipment and filming of it all cost a lot of money if you want it to look good.

Hmm... Maybe that's something for a future event, a fan film panel where those who've done it before can share hints and tips with those who want to do it. Plus it would be a great place to watch some fan films.
  11. TheDarthVader Jedi Master

star 3
    Cool idea, if this Alton Towers thing works out we can have a Fan Film showing.
  12. Raj_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    maybe after Alton Towers we can do Disneyland Paris? Crap park for the most part, but they have Star Tours :D :D
  13. ChrisLyne Force Ghost

star 3
    That would be fun.

But I think we'd have to see how Alton Towers went first. If we get little demand for AT then Disneyland (which is way more expensive) would be a wash out :(

I'm really hopeful that AT will be great and show there is demand for more UK fan events. If that's the case then maybe we should time a trip to Disneyland for the same time they update Star Tours (George said at C3 it's happening, so after it's done in the US it shouldn't take too long for it to reach Paris) :D
  14. Raj_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    good point about demand!

Didn't realise Star Tours was being updated - would be cool to tie in with that!

For now, we can do our own Star Tours at AT - just stick some X-wing cutouts on the sides of those Oblivion cars...... :D
  15. ChrisLyne Force Ghost

star 3
    LOL! Nice idea Raj! I think health and safety might get upset if we mess with the ride, but it'd be fun to try ;)

I wonder if we'll feel a disturbance in the Force in the haunted mansion ;)
  16. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    we should meet in central london for a few pints.

I'm game for that :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.