1. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Perhaps those of use that wish to meet up should exchange contact details? Otherwise it might be hard to find each other when we get to the event :p
  2. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    Contact details? You mean cell phone numbers? Don't use cell phone.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Well it's that or have name tags and arrange to meet in a certain place at a certain time, which might be difficult given how many people there will be :p

Remember not everyone has met before, so recognition alone is not a way to find someone.

I assume we all plan to go to the outdoor screening of ROTJ on Friday night?
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Jul 20, 2013
  4. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    I will be at Will Call on Thursday at 17:00, and at the ROTJ screening on Friday night. I do have an old laminated name tag with my avatar... but I have not found it my mess at home. [face_blush]
    I will bring a cell phone but I haven't tried before to use it in another country.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It should change providers automatically and be useable in Europe, although you might have to add the country code for anyone you try to call.
  6. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I will be arriving in Essen Wednesday night after spending the day in Belgium. I will be at the venue Thursday at 11am to pick up my press pass. I would love to meet up with people there, I was afraid this would be my first Celebration without meeting people from TF.N! I've gone to the last two parties in Orlando and loved both of them.
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Those bringing a mobile phone from overseas might want to see this article on how to avoid data roaming charges. Although biased toward UK users it has some good tips for all.
    Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  8. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    If I can find it, I'll wear a shirt or dress with my name / my FF name on it.

But how about a meeting point? Usually walking around all day long makes one getting tired or one likes to eat something, so a place where we meet up without an exact time would be nice. From what I experienced from former Celebrations/Conventions/Meetings: We'll find each other. We can't get around that! :D

Any ideas?
  9. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for sharing the link on cell phones, it was very helpful. I just ordered a sim card through Holiday Phone that will be delivered to my hotel in Germany.
  10. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Glad to help! I know quite a few people are unaware of those charges and have been badly bitten money-wise by them.
    Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  11. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    In picking up on Skiara's suggestion, I would like to suggest this point as our meeting point.
    It is next to a snack point, so we can buy something to eat or drink if needed and there might be chairs or a possibility to sit on the floor without being run over by other people.

[IMG]

If not here, then perhaps somewhere on Level 1?!

I have to disagree on that one. Last year in Orlando I walked around for all 4 days without ever seeing a fellow dane, whom I knew was there.
    And the two girls I traveled with, I only saw three times from a distance in different lines for actors - except of couse from the mornings when we lined up to get in.

On the other side, I saw one of the exhibitors 6 times during one day in Disney's Magic Kingdom. Now THAT was crazy compared to the other.
    Last edited by Mr_Mundi, Jul 21, 2013
  12. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    How did you get hold of a floor map? There is none on the official site.
  13. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, there is. You are just not looking in the right place - though the right place sure isn't the logic place.:)

Floor maps can be found under "Who's coming".
  14. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, thanks! :)

If it does not rain on Thursday night, you will see me wearing a T-shirt that says "Darth Lars" on the back.
  15. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Could be a bit crowded between food and 501rst, but on the other side, the 501rst is a very welcoming group. :)

I like the idea.
    Last edited by Skiara, Jul 22, 2013
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I'm fine with that, though how often any of us will be in that place at the same time is hard to say given how much is on during the event.

Still, I hope so see you all there at some point.
  17. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    Just want to check, is there an actual meeting place/time? If you leave it to chance the odds are...well better to ask 3-PO about the exact odds, but they won't be good :)
  18. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    Are you saying, that the 501st is a hungry bunch? :p

As I also suggested, we could also use Level 1, though I don't think people would go there very often unless on their way to or from a panel.
    And I don't see a lot of other places in Hall 11/12, with a little floor place by a wall.

But still, it was just a suggestion, other suggestions may come up with something better.:)
  19. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I think it's a good meeting place, if we all plan to go to the screening of ROTJ on Friday we can meet there at around 7 when the halls are closing (there seems to be a 30 minute gap between the last panel ending at 7pm and the movie starting at 7:30 so we have time to meet and sort out things).

After that we can discuss when on Saturday is good to meet up, or see who is attending which panels.
  20. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Me? Nah! Or was it me who placed them next to the food bar? [face_devil] :p

Edit: @Mr_Mundi
    Last edited by Skiara, Jul 23, 2013
  21. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    No, it wasn't you, but you did say, that there would be crowded between the food and 501st, indicating that they eat a lot.[face_laugh]

I very much hope to meet you Skiara. I remember we had a few conversations online many years ago - though I don't remember the content of those conversations.:)
  22. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    But that wasn't my fault, that someone placed them there... ...maybe hinting at his/her background knowledge of that they (might) eat a lot. Would never indicate something like that. :p

Yeah, it would be fun!! :D
    Don't remember the content either, but we'll find something to talk about for sure. :)
  23. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll be in and out of the press room for the whole show. I'm thinking my best hope of finding anyone is if Obi Anne dresses as the Can-Can Trooper, I would definitely recognize her! Have a safe trip everyone, and I hope to see you in Essen :)
  24. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Unfortunately the cancan trooper didn't come to Essen. I simply didn't have enough room in my suitcase, and it's also been worn enough that I need to fix most of the pieces on it. I'm looking forward to a cancan trooper 2.0 at CVII instead.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.