main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet-Ups: Ideas?

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by JunoirVader, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    I really enjoyed my first meet-up with you guys, and we must do more. Only problem is, I can't think of any. Do you guys have anything you'd like to do with us, which we could organise?

2. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Good thread JV ;) It'd be great to have a list of meet-up ideas to pick from - hopefully we can make this into a regular sorta thing .......

I have a few ideas up my sleeve - but still adding the finishing touches [face_whistling]

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Hmmmmmm, meet-ups [face_thinking]

I'm sure I can think of something

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    hey guys - if you can get past Watford Gap, then try for this!

FFUK North meeting soon in York - should be fun - Ghost Walk on the agenda, we hope!!!!!! [face_skull]

http://boards.theforce.net/UK_Regional_Forum/b10027/19959958/p6/?207

I only have till the beginning of Sept in the South now, then a 'league transfer' to the Northern Division! [face_dancing]

No doubt this will not be the last that you see of me however, so no cheering just yet!

Raj - you are the undisputed King of Ice Cream - thanks once more for the Canary Wharf meet! It was great - more great memories...[:D]

I dont spose I can just ramble on in this thread, so what about this for a meeting idea - a Star Wars Swap Meet? (I really could do to get rid of all this Jar Jar Binks rubbish have before we move - I only realised I had so much when I started packing the loft....:_| )

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    An interesting idea
    I'll look into it

6. darko_blade

darko_blade Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    If there was a meet-up where would it likely be? :)

7. darth_grida

darth_grida Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    Sounds like a good idea. I haven't met up with you guys before. I really wanted to go to the John Williams concert at Canary Wharf, but sadly I couldn't make it.

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    London

Anyway, Maybe when my fan film is finished we could have a premier style meet up. Then theres the Nov DVD release. Star fest or Collectormania are 2 conventions we could meet up at. We could go to the last showing at a cinema of RotS. I hear Battle Front 2 is gonna be at Gamestars Live like Battle front 1 was so there's that.

9. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey I like the fanfilm premiere idea! I'm sure we could find a suitable venue ;)

As for meet locations - I'd say Central London, but that's 'cos I live there :p Central is probably....erhm central to most people, so makes the most sense. Of course, London is a big place... :)

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  11. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Richie and Raj - your places are most definately booked on my little excursion to show you the wilds of beyond Watford Gap :eek:

12. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_worried]

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've seen the wilds
    Then I got bored & went home :p

14. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    I think a good place would be a convention talk. Unfortunately, tere's no Star Wars guests at C8 so far, so there's no talk for that. There may be a Star Wars one at LF&CC, as they have the voice of Greivous, and Warwick Davis.

15. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    ( paintballing or go karting)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  17. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Only problem with that idea is that at the talk isn't the best time to meet, they are generally rushed and not like you can talk either ;)

Best time would be to arrange a time at the convention that isn't during a talk :)

18. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    That's true I guess. If we meet at a convention, it should either be a totally Star Wars one, or Collectormania. Collectormania is very big, so we can split up to do individual things. Purely Star Wars one's are quite small, so a group would be easy to know where we all are...I think that last sentence makes sence.:confused:

19. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    ..and pop over to the pub across the street!

We missed you at the annual park meetup on Saturday Jeannie. Paul did a great job of organising it again and another huge turn out. :)

Oh and rumour has it there'll be a "welcome back" meetup to celebrate your return to good old Blighty. :)

20. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I wish I could have come :(

lol do they even know when I am returning to the UK....actually for that matter I should actually check myself! :eek:

21. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    When are you in the UK? We might be able to try and base one around that time.

22. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I get back about a week before collectormania and home until Christmas holidays when I spend the holiday in Canada :)

23. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    So, we could plan a timetable where we meet at Collectormania at a certain time, and a certain bit, and have a schedule eg. 10:00 Own stuff 13:00 Meet up for a talk 14:00...etc.

24. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
  25. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Starfest would be a great place to meet up.

This shouldn't be too far from anyone here, considering it's Essex. I live very near Chelmsford, so it'd be great for me to meet up. Who else is going to this? It'd be good, as it is quite small, so we can't lose each other.

DETAILS:

SUNDAY 4 DECEMBER 2005
    Riverside Ice and Leisure Centre
    Victoria Road
    Chelmsford
    Essex
    CM1 1FG

IN ADVANCE Adults: £9 - Child: £3 (Upto 14 years old)
    AT THE DOOR Adults: £12 - Child: £4 (Upto 14 years old)
    *** BOOK YOUR TICKET IN ADVANCE - SAVE MONEY & GET IN EARLIER ***
    Book your ticket in advance and get these great extra benefits:

*You can get in 30 minutes earlier than people buying them on the day!
    *Get your autograph ticket first which means less queuing!

21 guests confirmed: All signing autographs, anything signed! (price included in ticket)

This is gonna be awesome! THIS should be the meet! Please, say if you are going ASAP, and we can organise something we can do together there!

EDIT: ****! I'm ******* busy that weekend, I'm gonna be in Cornwall! Argh!!:mad::mad::mad:

ADMIN EDIT: You must star out the entire word. Calm down please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.