main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet your Housemates

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 5' started by rhonderoo, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    My name's Rhonda. Most of you know that. I've been here since '02, did the mod and admin thing. I started posting on the AOTC forum before heading to Fan Fic, 3SA, SWC and JCC. It's been a lot of fun, and even when I say I'm going away, I come back.

As far as RL, I work with a large paper company and am and Executive Asst. I have a son, and three cats and live with by boyfriend, fellow JCCer DT421. We met on the JC and have been together 2 years now.

So, howdy!

2. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Hi, I'm John, I've been posting here since '01. I started off in lit and then went to the EUC once the Hater Community and the EUDF were re-located. I've been involved in the RPF as well. Now I mostly argue in the senate. I'm a right bashtard when I want to be.

I do graphic design work and I write. Although I haven't written anything since '03 that I've stuck to.

And since I'm a bit of a self-promoting whore here is a link to my DA page: Linky.

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Hi. I AM SAM.

Been posting here since 03, just as a place to talk about Star Wars. Man was I a n00b. Became a mod soon after, and we all know how that went. And my attempts at being a bitter ex-mod didn't quite work out either. So here I am.

I work for the Christchurch City Council in the IT department, and I've been known to yo-yo between the UK and NZ quite a lot.

4. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    HELLO

my name is andrew. i came here in whatever my registration date says i joined (jun 03?). first i started in fanfic (I AM SO SHAMED) then to the EUC (STILL SHAMED) and finally to the JCC (where i didnt make any friends until i started hatting in like feb 07).

i am witty, sometimes funny, quirky, odd, and all around a good guy. except when i'm a OH MY GAWWWWWWD. theres like a 70/30 split between goodguydom/IAMANAUGHTYLITTLEBOY.

so if i offend you. well...oh well i guess. man up or gthotb.

also i like movies, long walks on the beach, and redundant tackiness.

5. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    The scandalous revelations have begun! :eek:

Hai, I'm Kendra. I started posting in 3SA in '03, moved on to the Bashers Sanctuary for awhile before moving on to my current crack, the JCC. I became a mod shortly after, which explains why no one knew who I was. :p

I work for a wireless phone provider as an engineering project manager, which leaves me plenty of time to post here. 8-}

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Hi, my name's Roxanna, and I've been here for 8 months. Hey, if you think that's impressive, I started hosting Uno after only three months. :p

Anyway, I'm one of those people who started reading Star Wars books during math class, and soon I was hooked on the whole universe. I'm not lacking in self-confidence and, as such, I don't find the need to place my religious, political, or canonical affiliations in my sig. That's just the kinda sentient I am.

But that doesn't mean that I'm a self-righteous or mean sorta person; I'm just here for the ride. :cool:

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey, I'm Jon. I'm 22 and just finished my undergrad education a few weeks ago--currently on the job hunt. Hooray for unemployment! I'm presently in Canada visiting my parents, but am hoping to be back around DC by the end of the month.

I've been here since August 01. Started off in EUC and FF, I think, then hit Lit, Games and the JCC. Modded Games twice for a bit. I've mostly stuck to Games, but lurk all over the place.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi. I'm Kathryn, but I rarely go by that name. Mostly, people call me Kaki or Ish (it's a regional thing). I'm nearly done with a BA in English and Spanish from Brigham Young University, I'm the supervisor of a tech support department for a small software company and I'm single. I've been in Fanfic since the days when there were no eras, when JediGaladriel was the mod and when Episodes 2 and 3 were still in the future. I'm working on two novels--one a historical fiction co-written with a fellow Fanfic alum and the other a contemporary fantasy thriller.

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    QGR is a female? Huh.

Anyway, I'm Marcus, came here in the run up to ROTS but for some other reason...probably for some book news. Started in Lit, moved to Games and the EUC, left the EUC and now remain in:
    Games
    Amph
    JCC
    Arena
    SFF:BC
    Census.

Was a mod, banned jp, caused controversy. Good times. Still don't completely get forceboat.

Now here I am.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I followed JediGaladriel here just to finish reading one of her stories. I registered 6 days later. I basically did nothing but Fanfic for a while, then discovered the wonderful world of Fanforce. Since 2003, when I came back from 18 months as a computerless missionary, I've done everything from being a CR to winning an essay contest on the popular effect of Star Wars. Most of the mods on Fanfic from 2001 on have been either my proteges or readers at one point or another. So I'm one of those always a bridesmaid never a whatevers.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Hi, I'm Mel.
    A very useful name because I can pass for a guy if I want to. Not with this username, though.[face_laugh]
    I came here after RotS because I thought SW would be safe again. Since I have a great jib wich allows me to post most of the time, I am online about nine hours a day. That will cahnge when I change jobs in September. I wonder if I'll die of withdrawal then.

I'm from Germany, don't talk at all or don't get my mouth shut. Also, i write dfanfic and really, really had hoped to get my latest update up before I got locked up. So much for that.

*waves at Ale*
    Hi there. Got work for you.[face_batting]

Oh, and I'm old. [face_plain]

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, fellow CR/fanficcer! [:D]

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Oya, Ish.[:D]
    So how do I get my name back to normal? I seem to be an epic fail there.[face_blush]

Seen Amanda already?

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, go to Admin and fix your settings. It worked for me. I haven't seen Amanda, but not all of us are insomniac.

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Um I did. But somehow, I didn't get it quite right. [face_thinking]

Amanda is usally on same times as I am, that's why i ask. We're that other time zone.;) (11am here right now)

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, that's weird. You may want to talk to the high-and-mighties to find out what's going on.

So, I've been trying to learn German, but my employees are suddenly really keen on teaching me Tagalog. It's weird. I've been their supervisor for 6 months and they've never been social until this week. I've been teaching them Spanish in return.

17. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    My name is Olga, I'm a 18 year old topless model from Sweden.
    A vote for me is a vote for liberation of clothing!

18. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Funny, you don't sound very Swedish.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Pshaw, malks, I didn't believe your campaign promises back in your mod days either. :p And I'm sort of straight, so promises of topless females don't appeal to me. :0)

20. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    apparently I don't sound particularly scottish either, meaning I can adopt any nationality I like with ease.

However, I *do* sound scottish (even more so than Yane) just the soft northern version that you won't get on TV.

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    *assumes German accent*
    Oh darn, I forgot how to do one. People keep telling me I sound Irish or Australian. :confused:

*checks out topless malkie*
    Hmmm, get dressed again, okay?[face_batting]

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, can you sound David Tennant Scottish, Ewan McGregor Scottish or Brigadoon Scottish?

I have been told I sound as if I'm from Ireland. I was born in San Antonio, lived in Texas and Oregon for a few years and lived in Boston for most of my life. When I'm not paying attention to diction, I sound born-and-bred Bostonian. I also speak fluent Spanish and will randomly talk only in that language without realizing that I'm doing it.

23. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Robert Carlyle Scottish. [face_love]

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Be still my supposedly-beating heart. :)

25. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I can *do* any sort of scottish accent, but none of the ones you suggest describe me at all.

Perhaps I need to upload a wav somewhere so you can all hear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.