main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #1 (The Saga Begins)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Oh, swell! Don't we make a happy little family. So close, yet so far.

Swampsurfer - Lafayette, LA
    Lord_Sidious - Baton Rouge, LA
    JEDI-SOLO - Lake Charles, LA

We need more members, but I am willing to travel to begin this quest.

Open to suggestions ?[face_plain]

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Me and my girlfriend are both off every Thurs. I don't know much about Lafayette though. That would be about the farthest I'd drive to. We need to get bigger! I'm psyced up about this now Swamp!

3. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I will not mind going to Lafayette. The only time I am free though is on the weekends.

4. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    i'm in Lafayette.

5. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    I am available to meet here in Lafayette.

I suggest on a Thursday night at Bennigan's.

Any takers?

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    JEDI-SOLO, I'm glad you are psyched!

DarthRender, In what part of Lafayette do you live?

Let me sumerize the latest information:

Everyone is willing to meet in Lafayette :)

Name - City of Residence (Days Available)
    Swampsurfer - Lafayette, LA (Weekends & Thursday)
    Lord_Sidious - Baton Rouge, LA (Weekends only :( )
    JEDI-SOLO - Lake Charles, LA (Thursdays Only)
    DarthRender - Lafayette, LA ( ? ? ? )
    YO-SOLO - Lafayette, LA (Thursdays are OK)

We should now discuss times & dates:
    I suggest April 11th or 18th @ Bennigans between 7PM and 8PM.
    -OR-
    At my place, April 25th at the same time. We could watch Empire Strikes Back on FOX.

7. DarthRender

Jun 3, 2000
    thursday is cool

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Where has everyone been at? Yes Thursdays are the best for me. I'll have to get directions and talk to my girlfriend.
    Just a question my girlfriend is NOT into SW but she will be coming along when I do go. So I think it will be funny if we all pick on her about SW stuff. Is everyone ok with that?

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Sounds good to me. Non STAR WARS girlfriends are worst than trekies. They don't even get it when you say, "Aaw PooDoo!"

They think you are trying to cast some black magic spell or something.

By the way, did you read the latest posts in "A new post!!" concerning signature blocks?

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah I did only one problem. I don't know how to do that. If you tell me I'll be more than happy to do it!

11. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    I should be able to make it there for 7:00 PM. I will need directions from I-10.

12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    "Dute chuck!" -Bib Fortuna, ROTJ
    "He agrees!" -C3PO, ROTJ

With Lord_Sidious's acceptance of Thursday as a meeting night it is settled.

If we meet at Bennigan's on April 11th or 18th (1st meeting), we can meet at my house on April 25th, May 2nd, or May 9th to view one of the STAR WARS Episodes on FOX (2nd meeting), and that would leave only one final meeting to be declared an official chapter of FanForce. The 3rd meeting would be the viewing of AOTC of course. Double the reason to celebrate on May 16th. Triple if you count my birthday :D.

Direction to Bennigan's:

Take the exit with the SAM's Wholesale on the Northeast corner. Exit 100.

From Lake Charles it's the first Lafayette exit, (Next exit after Exit 97 with the KOA camp ground). You will exit south onto Ambassador Caffery Pkwy.

From Baton Rouge it's the third Lafayette exit, (Next exit after Exit 101, University Street). You will exit heading north and turn left on Ambassador Caffery Pkwy. This will bring you onto an overpass crossing I-10 heading south.

From here it's the same for all out of town folks: Follow Ambassador Caffery Pkwy. You will need to veer right when you come to the Bertrand Dr. intersection. Be sure to remain on Ambassador Caffery Pkwy. Continue past the Johnson Street intersection. You will identify this intersection with a TARGET department store on the right. Bennigan's is in the Ambassador Row Shopping Center which is on the other side of the intersection on the left. Bennigan's is in the shopping center, but up close to the road where you can not miss it. The Acadiana Mall is also across the Johnson St. / Ambassador Caffery Pkwy. intersection on the right. In case you have ever been shopping there, it should all be familiar.

PLEASE Post with your suggested date for meeting #1.

Also, anyone interested in comming along is more than welcome. It ought to be fun. Any ideas for activities during the meeting are also welcome posts in this thread. I was thinking of bring my SW trading cards.

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Editing your signature block is simple JEDI-SOLO. You must have doen it before, you have some text concerning what I understand to be a club called JEDI OUTCAST.

• Anyhow, just click on the Options link to the right of "Logged in as: [Username]" in the Jedi Council Forum heading (top of page).

• Click on the "Change your User Details" link

• Down at the bottom of that page is the signature block. Free up the second line by copy and past of existing text into other lines and then copy and paste the following text into the second line field:

Member of FanForce Acadiana: http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10065

• Don't forget to click the "Update Details" button.

It's that simple. Piece of cake. :D

"Good luck. You're gonna need it." -Han Solo, ROTJ

14. theUnknownjedi

theUnknownjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    theUnknownjedi- New Orleans, LA

15. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    I definitely will not be able to make a meeting on the 18th.

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Still waiting to hear from everyone. What do you suggest Lord_Sidious?

17. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    Right now, next thursday evening (4/11) works for me. Swampsurfer, I assume either thursday will work for you since you suggested the dates. DarthRender, Jedi-Solo, YO-SOLO, anyone else interested; does this day work for you?

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    That's the spirit Lord_Sidious. Take charge! Yes, any Thursday is OK for me. I really appreciate the enthusiasm. Really :D It's a little rough getting this group on the way, not knowing how much interest others have for such a thing.

I just need to know soon enough in advance. I am a single parent and I have to make arrangements for my daughter's care & coordinate my schedule with work, maybe :)

I look forward to meeting all of you. We will have much to talk about. It's NEXT month. Can you believe we will be viewing AOTC next month? Oh the agony of waiting is killing me :D

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok I will talk to my old lady and see if she wants to go with me. Yall know how they are yao gotta please them! I'll posts later tonight unless she calls me. I'll get off of work around 8:40 or so. See yall around then if not sooner!

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    She said yes. So I'll get all the details on where and when what time etc.. tonight. I look foward to meeting you all!

21. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    MEETING #1

Thursday, March 11th b/w 7PM and 8PM at BENNIGAN'S. (See directions from I-10 posted above).

R.S.V.P by posting in this thread.

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    No movement of the thread in 2 days hardly. Are we still on for Thurs? I need to know. Come on lets do this!

23. DarthRender

Jun 3, 2000
  24. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Hey JEDI-SOLO, I spoke to my neighbor YO-SOLO and he says he will be going. Also, there is you and your NON-STAR_WARS lady friend :D. Then DarthRender says he is going. Of course I will be there. I might even bring my daughter, if everyone thinks it is appropriate. But I may reserve that for later. I think it should be adults only for a while. All we are waiting on is Lord_Sidious.

That's it man. We are a small group at this point. ONLY 5 strong at this time. But keep an open mind. If we work it right, I think we can recruit many more by Episode III.

Stay optimistic! Right?

Waiting on you, Lord_Sidious!

Also, I had drill this weekend and am starting a new job Monday. So I have been quite busy. In the meantime, I have been trying to recruit theunknownjedi (from New Orleans) via PM. It is an experiment to see if we can pull in fans from that far out. I also heard from Minacia_Brightstar that a group is trying to organize in north LA. Perhaps we can talk them into combining into a STATE wide chapter. But that is unlikely. I think 1hr driving time is the most anyone would be willing to deal with. I am most impressed with JEDI-SOLO and Lord_Sidious and their commitment to STAR WARS fandom.

25. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    I think we have a meeting at the school board that night... I'm gonna check with Mrs Bravo, but I think its Thursday night...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.