main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #1 (The Saga Begins)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Sorry for not checking in sooner. I'll be there. :)

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Alright then we have enough to have an offical meeting! I can't wait till thursday!

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Swampsurfer, did you want me to post a meeting announcement on the FanForce boards? It needs to be done if you want this meeting to count toward your official total.

Let me know ASAP, okieday? :)

4. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    OH! Yousa girl is BomBad. Wesa no think'in of tell'in yousa.

Mesa thinks post'in dat tell-O is mighty okieday!

IN OTHER WORDS: Yes please. Thank you very much for reminding us. :D

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    OK! :D It is settled then. :)

I will arrive at Bennigan's at 06:45PM and secure a table for us. I will leave a message with the hostess at the door to direct anyone asking for "FanForce Acadiana" to our table.

Also, I will wear a STAR WARS T-shirt and blue jeans. :D Wear a STAR WARS T-shirt if you like too. :D Face it, we won't be able to blend in anyway. :) We're a bunch of STAR WARS geeks! :D

Another thing. I will be bringing STAR WARS photographs to share with everyone. If you have photos of any STAR WARS related event, bring them. :cool: I will not bring my trading card collection. Maybe we can do trading cards at a different meeting. ;) Any other ideas you have are welcome. :)

See you there! :D

I'm really excited! Can't you tell?

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I don't have a shirt. But we'll be there! I can't wait!

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I have posted your meeting announcement on the FanForce web site. You should be able to see it on the main page. Just go to fanforce.net.

Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how it goes. :)

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Alright thanks MB! I'll PM you and let you what happened. Man I'm excited about this!

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Alright one more day! This great.

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Your scaring me man! You appear to be as worked up as I am.

Really, I am glad to see it.

May the Force be with you my friend. :)

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I scare YOU! Hell you should see my girlfriend when I get to excited! ;)

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok I have the directions written down! We will be on our way in about 15 mins. Hope we have a sucessful first meeting! See yall there at 7!

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    SUMMARY of our Meeting

Mr. & Mrs. JEDI-SOLO were waiting outside when I arrived. I can't believe how excited JEDI-SOLO is about our fledgling chapter of FanForce. He is the driving force of our attempt to expedite our official status. In the course of the evening, Mrs. JEDI-SOLO commented that she hoped no one would show up in Darth Vader garbs. We all laughed. I said, "No. That would be something a Trekkie would do." DarthRender gave his affermation when he replied, "Yea. Trekkies are geeks!"

The first meeting was an absolute success. Everyone who R.S.V.P. showed up. Only JohnnyBravo could not make it. His meeting with the Lafayette Parish School Board was priority. I hope that went well.

Next to show up was DarthRender. He would be our authority on EU. I don't think there is a written piece of STAR WARS literature he has not consumed. Shortly there-after Lord_Sidious arrived. We chatted about our 1st exposure to George's playground, collectables, and what led us to sign up with FanForce. Next we ordered food and drinks while I shared photos of my home made Ewok village. Finally, YO-SOLO was on the scene. YO-SOLO's speciality obviously was his command of the english language and he broke down the meaning of Darth Vader, Han Solo, Jedi, and various other names and titles in that galaxy far far away.

Topics of Debate: Dukoo's fall to the dark side of the Force, most anticipated scene in AOTC, Lucas's plans following Episode III, and weather or not YO-SOLO is a Trekie spy.

Official Business:
    • Threads will be created to discuss plans for Meeting #2, a name for our chapter (FanForce Acadiana was acceptable for the most part, but I would like to see other suggestions).

• JEDI-SOLO was the group's undisputed choice for City Rep. Any new members are welcome to nominate themselves or anyone else. We will vote on this issue at the third meeting.

• I handed out business cards with our URL on it so that we can solicit new members in our respective communities. Suggested areas to find other fans were movie theaters, comic shops, book stores, school, work, and acquaintances.

• A roster was passed around to get demographic information such as names, phone numbers, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, etc. Only information posted in the individual's TF.N bio is allowed to be posted on the boards. The City Rep. will be the keeper of the list. It can be obtained by email if needed.

• Door Prize drawing: Mrs. JEDI-SOLO won. I donated a pewter statue of Luke Skywalker. Everyone thought it was an appropriate prize and unnecessary but welcomed.

• A meeting photo was taken by the waiter. It is at the beginning of my roll of film, so it will take a while before it is ready for hosting. Anyone knowing where we can host it, speak up.

That was about it. All left looking forward to Meeting #2, I think. :D

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Sounds like y'all had a very successful first meeting. Your group is off to a great start! :D

Let me know the details of your next meeting, once they are worked out.

As always, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

15. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.