Austin,TX Meeting 10/27 - IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by neumera, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neumera Jedi Knight

star 2
    Folks,

At our last Star Wars meeting one Mr. Jeff Napshin from Fox 7 news dropped by to see what we were about. Fox 7 will be airing The Phantom Menace on TV at the end of November and they want a little news scoop to go along with it. To help them out, here is what we're going to do:

WHAT: The Austin Star Wars Fan Force Halloween Party
    WHEN: Saturday, October 27th 1pm - 3pm
    WHERE: The Dog & Duck Pub at 17th and Guadalupe
    WEAR: Your Star Wars costume (if you have one) or a Star Wars T-Shirt
    BRING: Pictures of your collection, copies of your homemade movies, books, etc. At the time of the party Jeff will be asking folks if they want Fox 7 to come and film their collection or take snippets of their home movies to put on the air.

I'll try and set up a place where we can watch the Phantom Menace DVD while we have some fun and talk to the news folks. Please try and come to make a good showing - we're the only organized group of Star Wars fans in Austin - let's show off!

If you have any questions about it, please email me. Thanks!

-Anne
    neumera@theforceiswithus.com
  2. Grendelbob Jedi Knight

star 1
    so, is there any word from anyone in SA, Dallas or Houston who may try to make it in for this moment of PR?
  3. BigChris Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not that I know of. Right now I think it's just going to be the Austin group.
  4. ObiJuan70 Force Ghost

star 3
    Greetings Friends, John "ObiJuan" Laurel from SA here, I am sorry that I wasn't able to attend your gettogether this past weekend, I was caught up with business and I also had to give a hand to our new FF City Rep here in SA with a few things . . .

I've also been quite busy working with Michonne Bourriague's and Shannon Baksa's sites lately so that has also taken a good amount of my time, I would like to meet with some of you on an upcoming weekend to talk with you (Anne especially) and see about working out a caravan to Celebration 2 and other things as well . . .

Email me at ObiJuan70@aol.com

Take Care & MTFBWY

John
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.