Meeting #10.5 (Revolutions @ IMAX New Orleans)

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    At our last meeting, Lord_Sidious mentioned

[image=http://www.imax.com/images/films/film_specific/matrix/revolutions_poster.jpg] in IMAX

and I said that sounds great! We decided we would most probably make a trip out to New Orleans Friday, November 14th. Anyone interested, keep your eyes on this thread. Lord_Sidious will be putting the details together and letting us all know when and where to meet.

The showtimes are 7PM, 9:30PM, and 12AM. Everyone is welcome, just stay abreast of developments by checking back often. No email will be generated to keep you posted.

I personally can't wait. Sounds like a cool trip. Going out afterwards in the Quater is a BIG possibility. :D
  2. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Lord_Sidious,

I am AIM with Ja-De-Cloudia in New Orleans and Bakh-tor_01 in Baton Rouge, and they sound like they want to join us. Waiting on the plan man. :cool:
  3. Ja-De-Cloudia Jedi Padawan

I'll definitely meet y'all out there. I'm from the burbs of N'awlins, and I don't have a car. I might have to catch a ride with someone to get back home, but I only live 15 minutes out of the way. I can't wait to see it at the Imax. I hear it's a special film stock that hasn't been used before. cooool I can't wait to meet you guys. Until then, may the force be with you!
  4. Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'll be there too. would like to get together a carpool from BR if possible also.
  5. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    Since I have to get up early Saturday, I would favor the 7:00 showtime and then going out afterwards. Since the demand of the movie may still be high, we should each buy an advanced ticket. I do not know if it is the same as a reserved ticked, but I'll check it out.

Swampsurfer, do you want to meet up in Baton Rouge, or go straight there? You may want to add an extra 20-30 minutes to your travel time. I-10 in Baton Rouge is a mess at rush hour. I would probably look to meet around 4:30 to 5:00 in Baton Rouge, which should put us at the theater around 6:00.
  6. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    The ticket price is $10.00 + $2 for advanced reservations. You may only make reservations over the phone OR in person. No web reservation capabilities.

The reservation number is 1-800-774-7394
    or (504) 581-IMAX.

They will take your name, address, and credit card information in exchange for a 6 digit Reservation #. Write it down and bring it with you to the will call window.

I have purchased my ticket, so don't back out on me now! The ticket I purchased is for the 7:00 PM showing AND I do want to meet up in Baton Rouge to car pool the rest of the way.

Thanks for the tip on estimated driving time from Lafayette to the link-up stop in Baton Rouge. Any idea on what time you expect to return to Baton Rouge Lord_Sidious? YO-SOLO says he would like to go, but has to get up early the next day AND does not want to be a "wet blanket." Truthfully, he probably wouldn't come with us no matter how easy we made it ;)

See you real soon!

Oh yea! Where should we plan to meet in Baton Rouge? :confused:
  7. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    sounds like a plan, but i need a ride to and from new orleans. since yall might be stopping in baton rouge to carpool, maybe yall can pick me up. i live near the LSU Campus off of state st. i would really like to join in the festivities.
  8. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    You got it wicket_the_ewok, buy your ticket. Your going.

Lord_Sidious, looks like we might need 2 vehicles. Don't know anyone with a mini-van, do you?
  9. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just purchased an advanced ticket, so I will definitely join you Swampsurfer. ;) To the others that are going, the theater highly recommends getting an advanced ticket. Please make the arrangements on getting an advance ticket. We are planning to get there about a hour to 45 minutes before the movie to stand in line, but the tickets may still be sold out because of the advance sales.

I can probably make travel arrangements to help those in Baton Rouge come. "Wicket", picking you up at LSU should not be a problem. I am still waiting to here back from Bakh-tor_01. I'll post more on meeting and traveling later.
  10. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    Awesome! I live at the villages at the north gate. i'll email both SS and Sidous the directions to my apartment. see yall there.
  11. Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have ticket,finally! Can meet ya'll anytime or place Fri. Just say when and where. I can drive if we run out of seats but its a pick-up so pasenger space is limited.
  12. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    alrighty, i purchased my ticket, just come pick me up. hey do yall wanna dress up for the movie?
  13. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since you are going to the early show I won't be able to make it. I been going to a class for work all week and I haven't got out of it until after 6:00. But I do want a comparison between the two versions of the movie. Have fun Friday.
  14. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry wicket_the_ewok, I retired my Neo costume. Once you see the end of the film, you will understand why. I felt strange walking out of the theatre. lol

Also, too much trouble if we decide to go out afterwards.

"I have a good feeling about this." I think this trip will be fun.
  15. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    For those meeting in Baton Rouge:

Lets plan on meeting in back of the Sears parking lot in the Mall of Louisiana off of Bluebonnet. It should be a safe area for leaving a couple of cars. For the Lafayette guys, Bluebonnet is the 2nd exit off of I-10 past the I-10/I-12 split (when you get to the split, you want to stay on I-10 going to New Orleans). When you are on the Bluebonnet exit ramp, get into the right lane and turn right onto Bluebonnet. The mall is on the left, but do not try to get all the way to the left lane on the 1st light. There is a 2nd light about 1/3 mile or so past the 1st light that you can use to make the left to get into the mall. I believe there are 2 left turn lanes at this light (Picardy is the name of the road), you want to get into the far left turning lane. Once you make the turn, you will be in the left turn lane to get on the mall loop. Take the left to get on the mall loop and immediately get into the right lane. Take the 1st right and the parking lot for Sears is on the right (Foley's parking lot is on the left). Go to the back of the Sear's parking lot, and we will meet there. There are a couple of medians in the back of the lot, each with a couple of small trees in it. Lets meet at the left median (when facing Sears). I'll have my cell phone with me so I can be contacted at 225-938-5614 if you feel lost or fosaken. I would like to leave for New Orleans by 4:45 (5:00 at the very latest), so I will try to be at the lot around 4:30. Just keep in mind that I-10 between the split and Bluebonnet is very slow during this time of day (it could take 10-15 minutes to travel the 2 miles).

On the directions when you are on Bluebonnet, if you feel that you cannot get into the left turn lane at the 2nd light (Picardy), don't panic. Another 1/3 of a mile down is another light (past Pier One) with a left turn signal. Just take a left on that light and take a left to get onto the mall loop and make your way back to Sears.

On the cars, I say we play it by ear. It looks like 4 to 5 of us are going from Baton Rouge. I am thinking we take 2 cars unless more decide to come. We will park in the Hilton parking garage, which is like $6 per car.

For those from New Orleans that would like to meet us, we should be in line at the theater between 6:00 and 6:15. You can call me (Peter) at my cell number above when you get there, or look for a group hanging out in line and ask them if they are from Fanforce Acadiana.

On going out, it depends what everyone wants to do. I don't think the Quarter is very far from the theater, like 5 of 6 blocks or so. I'll have to ask some friends about it. I would rather not stay out too late if we do go. I would be OK getting back to Baton Rouge around 1 am or so at the latest. The movie should conclude around 9:15 (no previews) so that would give us a few hours. That is my stance on going out afterwards. If anyone knows that they have to be back earlier, or cannot go out, just let us know and post something in this thread. Sorry for the long post! :)

To wicket_the_ewok, I am somewhat familier with that area, so it will be no problem picking you up. I should be there a little after 4:00. Please email or PM me your home phone # as backup. Thanks.
  16. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    well im still goin to wear my outfit, if we do go out afterwards, alls i gotta do is take off the overcoat and the tie and i have my 'goin out clothes'
    Cool thanks Sidious.
  17. theta_q Jedi Padawan

Yo everybody! I am your newest member and want to say to you all MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. I am going to the IMAX with the gang but I want to drive out of Lafayette with someone who knows the way. So I just emailed swampsurfer and said i could drive with him out of Lafayette. If someone wants to ride with us, just email me and swampsurfer!
  18. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright theta_q! You are not an official member until you post in the Roll Call - Official FanForce Acadiana Sign Up thread. Also, please fill out your User profile here at TheForce.Net with as much detail as you feel comfortable with. This will help us to contact you in case you fall off of the bandwagon and you don't want to be left out of any major happenings around here.

As for this weekend's trip, anyone interested in departing out of Lafayette can meet at my place. Click the image below for a strip map to Swampsurfer's Place: :cool:
    [image=http://bellsouthpwp.net/a/h/aherpin/Pictures/Strip_Map_to_Swamps_Place.jpg]
    To be safe, we should leave my place by 3:15PM, NLT 3:30PM IAW Lord_Sidious's plan (see post above).

I think it is cool you want to dress in costume wicket_the_ewok. As for me, I can't do it again. I put that thing on approximately 5 times during Halloween week. It will be an honor to hang out Neo as opposed to being Neo. :D

Lord_Sidious, I would say your post is not too long. Very informative and well written. Thanks for taking the time to put together the details. Good job.

Well, looks like everything is covered. See everyone real soon. Later.
  19. Ja-De-Cloudia Jedi Padawan

Hey y'all, I'm gonna goto the theater today to buy my tickets. I'm gonna bring my friend Scott. The Imax is basically in the Quarter, it is just on the far left end. I believe you can all park in the Hilton New Orleans Riverside parking garage, which is only 2 blocks from the Imax.

"Discounted parking for up to four hours is available at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside parking garage, outdoor "Whale" parking lot on Convention Boulevard, and the World Trade Center parking garage. After four hours, the regular parking rates apply.

0-4 hours: $3.00 with validated same day Aquarium or IMAX ticket
    4-5 hours: $9.00
    6-10 hours: $10.00
    "

This is highly recommended as there will be no parking in the quarter, and whatever lots you find will charge at the minimum $20 for over 4 hours. Its all within walking distance, but if you are feeling lazy at the end of the night you can take the street car looking Vieux Carre bus, and it will drop you off right in front of the hilton. I'm sure I'll know who is in the fanforce. I'll just look for the crowd of dorks, looking to beat up trekkies. LOL I know cuz I'll look like I belong. LOL j/k Im sure y'all aren't dorks. I can't claim that I'm not though. I'll see you all there. I'll be the dork with the star wars shirt, and matrix coat. Should I bring my lightsabre?
  20. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    what are we doing after the movie, i know we might be goin out but are we staying over night in New Orleans or coming home that night?
  21. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Above Lord_Sidious said he has to be back in Baton Rouge by 1:00AM to wake up for 7:00AM Saturday morning.

As for the agenda. We don't know. We can discuss that as we wait in line at the IMAX.

See ya later alligator.
  22. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    the movie was great on the IMAX screen. sorry we missed you Ja-De-Cloudia, we got there late and decided to see the later feature.
    it was also cool to meet members i haven't meet before.
  23. Ja-De-Cloudia Jedi Padawan

Im sorry I missed it too! My ride bailed at the last minute, and I had no way of calling y'all. :/ Oh well maybe next time. :p This isn't the last you'll hear from me. :)
  24. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    And to think we felt bad about standing you up. Did you notice, Lord_Sidious left his cell phone number in this thread in an earlier post?

[face_mischief] Shame on you, making a bunch of geeks stand around looking for a disappointed member, wareing a STAR WARS shirt, on her way out of a MaTriX movie.

Wish you could have made it. We had a good time. Dinner at the Rock-n-Roll Cafe' was nice and a leisurly stroll down Burbin Street is always a good get away. Next time.
  25. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey everyone.

Here is a photograph of our experience at the IMAX for MaTriX Revolutions.

[image=http://bellsouthpwp.net/a/h/aherpin/Pictures/FFA/Meeting10.5.jpg]

Left to right: wicket_the_ewok, theta_q, Lord_Sidious, bakh-tor_01, and Swampsurfer

Anyone want to elaborate on the background of this photograph? ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.