main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #10 (Dinner and a Movie)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Oct 11, 2003.

?

Meeting #10 (Dinner and a Movie)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Matirx: Revolutions (Opening the week of November 7, 2003)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Opens December 2003)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Make it two meetings, one for each movie! (November & December)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
  2. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    PLEASE Vote & Post a Reply. ;)

Considering our last meeting was held on December 22nd, 2002, I think it is time for another meeting. Wouldn't you all agree? I had hoped other members would have put together a meeting or two by now, but it hasn't happened. Still, we have had many new members sign up since then, and I, for one, look forward to meeting you all.

I voted for two meetings because I believe, with the upcoming holidays and your personal lives, that many of you will have a difficult time getting to one or the other. Not to mention, some of you may not particularly care for the movies of choice. However unlikely that may be. If it works out that we have a meeting around the release of both films, I hope it would increase my chances to see all of the new faces as well as those of our many veterans.

As luck would have it I am available for the release night of both films :D
    Wednesday, Nov. 5th, Matrix: Revolutions AND
    Wednesday, Dec. 17th, LOTR: The Return of the King
    The last pole taken, December 2002, shows that Wednesdays and Saturdays are the preferred nights to meet. I work both Saturdays following the release of the films, but with enough notice I believe I can schedule a vacation day for each, if it is necessary; or any other night for that matter. We just need to make a decision soon, if we will be meeting in early November.

Just a reminder: PLEASE respond as well as vote in this thread. Leave comments on the way you voted as well as details of what night of the week & time is best for you AND your preference as far as if we should have dinner before/after the show & choice of food.

Thanks for your interest and remarks. May the Froce be with you. :cool:

3. Sarabi_Moon

Sarabi_Moon Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    I can Make it to the Lord of the Rings movie I'm shore. See every one there.

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Hey Jamie,

It's nice to hear from you again. How long has it been, a year? I just wanted you to elaborate on your preferences for this meeting. Do you think it is a good idea to have dinner as a group before the movie, after, OR not at all? If we all have dinner together, where would you like it to be? Also, please cast your vote in the poll at the beginning of the thread.

The excitement is starting to snowball now! Any other takers, please acknowledge.

5. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    Well I was already was gonna see both movies. As for being able to go at a certain time, all depends on work. Which if it follows the same pattern as now, should be no problem. As for dinner, I would think after the movie would be best. Dinner before would increase the probability of missing some part of the movie due to running to and forth the restroom. As for a place to eat, Some place close to the theatre that is choosen.

As for those who just what to see The LOTR movies:
    (Here is a reason for a road trip)

LA, Baton Rouge Tinseltown Movies 10

December 5-11
    Special Extended Edition The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

December 12-15
    Special Extended Edition The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tuesday, December 16
    One-time-only marathon of both the Extended Edition prints followed by the first
    screenings of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

Tickets are already on sale for these showings. I been thinking about the Dec 16th marathin, but I'm not sure about being able to sit 9+ hours in a movie theatre.

Ubi

6. NightForce

NightForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    I chose both movies because in case anyone can't go to one or the other movie. I was thinking dinner would be good after the movie because we can then relax, get to know everyone, discuss the movie and find out the needs of this great star wars club that we have.
    There is also a possibility of drinks and appetizers after the movie (to save money if needed) Bennigans might be good for that. Or Chilis is good for dinner. The restaurant hours are kinda tricky here so coordinating times for the movie and dinner will be important. So if we all go to the first movie maybe the kinks can be ironed out for the next movie or meeting. Or just some order out after the movie and just hang out at somebodys house, if feasible. OK hope that might help Andre.

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Nothing is concrete yet, but it looks like we will be gathering to see both films. Three very good points/recommendations have been made.

One, gathering for the ?Revolutions? would be like a test run and any kinks in the plan could be ironed out in advance of the more popular event, ?The Return of the King.?

I didn?t know about the ?Lord of the Rings? marathon scheduled for Tinseltown in Baton Rouge. I agree with Ubigod, that it would make for a swell FanForce event. We could perhaps talk about it more at the ?Revolutions? meeting OR in this thread.

Finally, I would prefer Bennigan be the food place AND after the movie sounds right to me. I was only concerned with those people traveling from out of town and having to drive back late. I guess that is still up in the air too.

Thanks for the input folks. Let?s here from more of you. As of today, I think the official FanForce Acadiana membership is up to 42.

8. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Hey guys, I voted for both although I will have to try to work something out with work as I am not off on either of those dates (dag nabbit!)
    I also am in agreement that dinner after the movie is best. My inner geek is not satisfied with just watching a geek movie, I must discuss after the fact! hehe! My inner geek also salivates at the idea of the Rings marathon but I will have to see when the time draws closer.
    So all in all, consider me most definitly in for all...maybe. Best I can do at the moment. Anyone else have an opinion?

Hudel

9. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    voted for both I like the idea. probobly only able to make the matrix though. workin the LOTR day. Dinner after would probobly be best too. The geek discusion being one of the best parts of any geek movie.

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What's all this about geeks?

Just because we like these movies, where're geeks?

Who'sa be sayin' dat! Dat's bomb-bad! :D

11. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I would probably be able to make it to any Wednesday evening show, but I would not be able to get to Lafayette early to wait in line and such. The earliest I could make it there would be after 6:30 or so.

Also, if anyone is up to an evening trip to New Orleans to see these movies on IMAX (probably a couple of weeks after release), just let me know.

12. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    hey wicket here, sorry i haven't posted in awhile. i've been living in baton rouge since late august (in college go LSU Tigers!!!!!!) the meetings sound very cool, but i'll be in school when matrix revolutions comes out, but not LOTR ROTK. I will make that one. Hey Ubigod if you want to go through the 9+ hour marathon of the LOTR movies, i'll go with you.

13. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    i just checked out the Cinemark Tinseltown website. The marathon begins at 1:00 PM and last to about 10PM. you cannot ordered tickets on the internet because on-line ticketing is not available yet. but i did get the phone number if you want to call for more info. 255-295-3339 (that's the office number) and if you want to call the recording you can call this number 225-295-3300
    click here for more info.
    Cinemark Tinseltown

14. Jedi_Master_Rssoh

Jedi_Master_Rssoh Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I picked The Matrix because the GF and I go to the LOTR movies together and she could care less about The Matrix, so I'll most likely be available for that one.

15. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2003
    Hey everyone long time not talk. I am down for both, and if needed i can take off for both. I am just happy that i will finally get to meet ya'll. As for the food situation I am down with whatever ya'll want. Until then may the force be with you.

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    This seems to be comming together nicely. 10 members interested in a meeting. I think we will break a record this time :D

There are still other voices out there, I will wait a little longer to hear from them before starting to formulate some solid plans.

Road trip to IMAX in New Orleans sounds good to me too.

I like the idea of the Marathon meeting for LOTR as one meeting & the MaTriX as another meeting.

Lord_Sidious, would you mind putting together a plan for a meeting at TinselTown? I am sure wicket_the_ewok would be glad to help with that too. He seems to have already been quite busy with the research part. Maybe, start scouting out some reasonable establishments for dinner after the movie. Actually, on second thought. 9+ hours in the theatre, we may have to get catered meals ;) Just kidding. They probably expect you to eat from the concession stand. Anyway, if you gave this some thought, it would help. Thanks.

wicket_the_ewok, congratulations on graduation and your new academic endevors. Good luck to you dude! Go Tigers! You should know, Lord_Sidious is a big LSU football fan.

Fallen_Kninght, may the force be with you too. Bud! :) Look forward to meeting you also.

17. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Lord_Sidious, would you mind putting together a plan for a meeting at TinselTown?

If you are referring the LOTR marathon on Dec. 16, I will not be able to make it. There are plenty of places to eat around the theater though. There is a Chili's, Joe's Crabshack, and Wendy's real close the the theater. On the other side of the interstate, there are the other chain fast-food places along with many other restaurants. I assure you, there are plenty of options.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What a drag. A FanForce Meeting in your backyard, and you can't go. :(

Well, thanks for the info. anyway.

Keep in touch. There is still no plans as of yet.

19. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey guys, nice to see we're getting active again. I'm working until 3 on the matrix day but off on the weekend, so if it goes late, that is ok. I like both, LOTR more. But I'll vote for both. I'm game just let me know what times you guys wanna go to the theatre. I'll try my best to make it.

20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I am now a father!

baby girl 6lbs 5oz this morning on the 15th!

I like the meeting events but I don't yet know about the 11/5. I will get back with you on that Swamp. Lets just get settled with the baby first.

peace!

21. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Hey, What better reason to not attend a meeting. A new life. God bless you and your family.

22. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Congrats Jedi-Solo!!

As a new Dad myself let me say that it is a strange but wonderful road we have embarked on.

Congrats again!

23. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks Hud!

24. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    I would definately be interested in seeing the LOTR extended versions at Tinseltown before Return of the King comes out. I may even be up for the 9 hour, all day marathon.

25. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    I ain't going to see the Matrix, but I'll go to the LOTR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.