main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #10 (Dinner and a Movie)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Oct 11, 2003.

?

Meeting #10 (Dinner and a Movie)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Matirx: Revolutions (Opening the week of November 7, 2003)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Opens December 2003)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Make it two meetings, one for each movie! (November & December)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarabi_Moon

Sarabi_Moon Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Swampsurfer

I just found out that I can't come to the premere because I work at Carmike 10 and no one will have that day off. But maybe I could come to lunch if its in lafayette and before 12:00(thats when I will have to be at work).

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    We are not sure when the meeting will be, but we are sure the dinning out will be after the feature.

I hope you can make it to the next event. You should schedule off anyway. Call in sick. Tell the boss to fly a kite.

Just kidding.

3. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    The Plan Is Set

Looks like we may have b/w 10 to 15 members attending. Any more than 10 and we have a record.

AGENDA
    1. Meeting starts at approx. 6:45 P.M. at UA Ambassador 10. (Start time may vary a little, but closest to this showing is what we will shoot for. Times not posted yet.) MAP
    2. Meet at Casa Ole' after the movie for drinks, appitizers, stimulating conversation about the MaTriX, and planning for Meeting #11 in December. MAP

There may be a long line, I am not sure. When I went to see MaTriX Reloaded, it had been out for a while. The website says it will be a highly anticipated film. I believe this to be true. Once the time is posted, I will check with the theatre and see what time they suggest queing up for tickets should start.

Ware your best STAR WARS gear and accent it with something MaTriX if you feel the urge. Feel free to invite friends you think may enjoy this event. Looking forward to seeing you all.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Still not sure about the Matrix meeting but for the other one Kelly just has no choice but to get a babysitter!!!

Like I said I really doubt that I will make this one. :( Kelly is starting to get the blues that all women get after birth.

Lucky me...........

I will contact our RSA.

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Oooops! I forgot to state what date it is. The meeting will of course be Wednesday, November 5th.

Silly me [face_blush]

Tell mini-jedi, "Everything will be alright. And that you love her." That seems to always help. Good luck.

6. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    I would love to go! I'm not sure; however, if I can yet. Life is so chaotic right now. I just saw the second episode of "The Matrix" and the trailer # 3, and now I'm psyched to see it. As for LOTR, I'm so panicked right now, I still have three hundred pages to finish before December 17th, and I don't have time to read!!! Oh, the horror!

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Inspect the most recent email about this meeting carefully. There is a :cool: easter egg about geeks. This was supplied to me by YO-SOLO months ago. Thought everyone might get a kick out of it.

See you'll real soon.

8. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Not sure IF I'll be able to attend due to the day, I have to be at work really early the next morning, but for LOTR I don't care, I will definately be coming to that one unles I'm dead. I'm really not a big Matrix fan, but I'll come just to hang with you guys. (That is if I can get off early from work) I hope to see you all there...

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    That's what DarthRender plans to do. He said he would come by the restaurant and visit, but he hates the MaTriX. Perhaps you could come by and help him bash the movies too; the more the merrier.

10. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I would like to attend one of the meetings. I went to the last one and had a blast. I was actually hoping to host the next one but my plans had to be put on hold. :(

I don't know if I'll be able to attend the movie if it's on a Wednesday night. I work in Lafayett late at night. Maybe I can leave from there to work. SS, can you email me the approximate times the movie will end and the dinner begin and I'll see if I can work it out?

tbeebe99@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Tony

11. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Sure thing!

Looks like the movie will start at 7:20 PM. With the next feature starting at 10:30 PM. Therefore, it is safe to say we should all be seated at Casa Ole' by 10:30 PM. having a good time.

If anyone wants to purchase their tickets in advance; I highly recommend this, please click here, enter the zip code 70508, and navigate to UA Ambassador 10. Then enter the date Nov. 5th to see listings for MaTriX Revolutions. From there you should be able to buy tickets. I wish I could use a better link, but the message boards would not take it.

I guess I better send out another email with all the important details. Anyone know of anything I left out?

Also, Jacqui (my girlfriend) and I may be dressed in costume. :cool: We may go as Neo and Trinity. What do you'll think?

12. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I'll definately go to LOTR, but I'll have to miss the Matrix movie. What restaurant will you guys be at after the Matrix feature. I'll try to meet you guys there and you can tell me weather or not to go see it another day.

Swamp, The costume idea sounds like a winner. Go for it.

13. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    hey im with yall in spirt, i'll be watching the matrix revolutions in Baton Rouge, decked out im my Matrix outfit. it looks pretty cool. i'll try to send you a picture SS as soon as i can.

14. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
  15. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    So, what are you saying? You want to take off after drinks, appitisers, and geek talk at Casa Ole' and drive to New Orleans.

OK. I'm in!

16. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    I got my ticket, so I will be at the 7:20 showing tonight for the Matrix.

As for the LOTR marathon I doubt that I wioll be able to go to it. I just don't think I can sit that long in a movie theater.

Ubi

17. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I would like to say the meeting was a success. When Jacqui & I showed up in costume, only Sarabi_Moon and NightForce noticed and approached us. We all went into the theatre and viewed what we thought to be an exceptional chapter in the MaTriX trilogy. At the close of the film, Lord_Sidious signaled us and said he had showed up a tad bit late and took a seat among the masses. Outside the theatre, we were approached by James T. Kirk, a.k.a. Kirk James, a potential FanForce Acadianan. We invited him to join us at Casa Ole'. Once at the restaurant, Ubigod joined us and later DarthRender, who refuses to view anything MaTriX, but wanted to be part of our gathering. All in all, I would have to say it was a good show! ;)

[image=http://bellsouthpwp.net/a/h/aherpin/Pictures/FFA/Meeting10.jpg] (Left to Right: Robert, Kirk, ? ,Kathy, Jamie, Peter, & Andre')
    Sorry Ubigod, I suck with names. It would help if you filled out your User Profile here at TheForce.Net.

We chatted about all sorts of things. My girlfriend Jacqui took my daughter Amber home early, while everyone else sat around and discussed mostly Sci-fi movies we had seen and STAR WARS lore. It seems everyone at this meeting is very interested in the Lord of the Rings movies, and look forward to seeing the final chapter in December.

18. Sarabi_Moon

Sarabi_Moon Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Swampsurfer, do you know when the marithon of the Lord of the Rings is, and if it will also be in lafayette as well as in New Orlands.My brother would like to see it but my mom doesn't want us to go that far for it.

19. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    It will be held in Baton Rouge, but thickets are all sold out. You can get all the details in the Meeting #11(Dinner and a Movie)thread.

Also post in that thread to voice your preference as to when and where you would most perfer to view The Return Of the King as a FanForce group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.