main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #11 (Dinner and a Movie)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Hello everyone,

I contacted Cinimark in Baton Rouge and found out that the 475 tickets ($25 each) to the Lord of the Rings marathon are all sold out :(

However they will be showing the Fellowship of the Ring (Extended version) the week of December 1st and The Two Towers (Extended version) the week of December 8th. For those of you who are interested.

Thefore, our next meeting will most probably be scheduled for Wednesday, December 17th. Please respond in this thread if you can make it. Also, if this night is not good for you, please suggest a different night. If another night is more convenient for the majority, we can have the meeting then.

At the last meeting, MaTriX Revolutions, it was difficult to spot members of FanForce Acadiana before the movie because we are not yet familiar with all the faces of the members in our group. Also, most restaurants close their kitchen at or around 10PM, and rumor has it this movie will run for approximately 3.5 hrs. long. I suggest meeting for dinner before the movie. This will allow us to gather together beforehand and enjoy some food. Perhaps we may get to sit together or at least in close proximity.

Hope to see you all there :D

2. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I definately want to make this one. Any day is possible for me!. Is the meeting going to be in Lafayette? I'm confussed because of all the Baton Rouge Talk.

Sorry I couldn't make it for the Matrix. I'm not a big Matrix Fan, but I would have come to support the group if it weren't for that damn thing I hate more than anything in the world. INVENTORY!!! (I had to count auto parts in a warehouse 4 nights straight now)

I hope it went well and that you all had a great time.

3. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    The actual meeting time and place are still up for discussion.

Being as most members of FanForce Acadiana live in this area, I would imagine Lafayette will win out.

It would have been nice to see all three movies on the big screen in stadium seats. This would have been better for Lord_Sidious. He has been to almost all of our meetings and travels here from Baton Rouge. Still, I think it wouldn't have fit his schedule anyway. Oh well.

Like I said meeting time and place are still up in the air. Any suggestions? I still don't know where the movie will be playing in this area. :confused:

4. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    I definitly looking forward to this meeting. Only a couple more days until the special extended version of the Two Towers comes out.
    Now for the meeting: I have no preference for which day it is on. But I prefer the early times for the actual show. Yes I am cheap and I usually go to (bargain shows). But I am open to any time.

5. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Damn that sucks, but i did call the movie theater and they said to call back later to see if anyone has asked for a refund or something like that. but as of now they are sold out.

6. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    If I understand right this meeting will be around the releas of "The Return of the King" and will involve watching it and eating somthing. Do we have any news on possible places or times yet?

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I am inclined to push for a meeting in Baton Rouge. Therefore, I suggest we discuss things in this thread. The meeting will be December 17th, a Wednesday. Also, time and place are to be determined. Offer up suggestions. Think, people are going to be traveling & restaruants are not open very late on weeknights. Thus eating first then the movie, may be best.

I will stay tuned to this thread to see what everyone decides. Then I will send out an E-mail sometimes near the 1st of December.

Later.

8. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    I heard they are going to show a marathon in Lafayette also.

I will be at this meeting, i think.

9. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
  10. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    since we can't find a place that is showing all three movies in one day, how bout we watch the first to extended versions before we go see return of the king. we don't have to do it on the day ROTK comes out, we could do it like a day or two before the movie comes out. just a thought i had, tell me what yall think.

11. Sarabi_Moon

Sarabi_Moon Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    I would love to go see the extended versions even if they are on different days. United Artest in Lafayette is having the Return of the King I know that for a fact because Carmike is not. We can't show the same movies because we're to close to each other. So if you chose Lafayette that is the place to go. But I am trying to talk my family into the Baton Rouge one, so my hopes are still high.

12. Ubigod

Jan 16, 2003
    If you want to veiw the extend versions, I do have both on DVD. We would just need a place to watch it, because my place is not set up for multi-person veiw.

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I have given this meeting a lot of thought and took into account many of your comments and suggestions since discussions began, way back in October. I decided to make this a very dynamic meeting. The following is an agenda for the entire day. If you have to work and want to drop in, do so at any time. :) If you live in Lafayette and do not wish to travel to Baton Rouge to see the movie, stop by Swampsurfer's Place and catch one or both DVD presentations. :) If you live in New Orleans, drive to Baton Rouge for Dinner and a Movie. :) Finally, if you just REALLY enjoy our company, try to do it all :D Either way, this is what I will be doing & I would be more than happy to have my friends there with me. Hope to see you all real soon.

AGENDA (Version 1)

8:00 AM -> Fellowship of the Ring @ Swampsurfer's Place
    11:00 AM - 12:00 PM -> Lunch break
    12:00 PM - 3:15 PM -> Two Towers
    3:30 PM -> Depart Swampsurfer's Place for Baton Rouge, LA
    5:00 PM -> Arrive at Romano's Macaroni Grill for Dinner
    6:15 PM -> Arrive at United Artist Citiplace 11 (2610 Citiplace Drive off of College Drive) to collect tickets and wait for good seats
    7:00 PM -> LOTR: The Return of the King

NOTE: At dinner we can discuss the option of going somewhere following the movie for traditional Geek talk.

P.S. Don't forget about donations for :(The Fight for Angelica [face_love].

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Just used the link on the email to purchase my ticket. Cost is $8.50 (includes service fee). It works! :)

Just thought I would reiterate, the agenda I posted is for your benifit. However you can fit something in, please do so. I look forward to these meetings and spending time with you geeks. STAR WARS rules, but LOTR is a contender ;) Hope to see as many of our members as possible. Catch ya later.

15. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    i'm with you swampsurfer all the way. i'll be back home in new iberia that week, so i'll be able to attend the viewings of FOTR and TTT and i'll be able to watch ROTK in Baton Rouge, can you bring me to BR Swampsurfer? Hey the road DOES go ever on and on, doesn't it?

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Yes it does AND you have a ride with us. See you soon.

17. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    "I'm with you too"
    I'll be there all day long Lafayette for 2 and BR for 1.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Cool! Glad to have you.

19. Ubigod

Jan 16, 2003
    0800 seems really early, so I doubt I will make it to your place to watch the first two movies.
    But I am 90% sure that I will be there for the dinner at 500 and the movie.

Damn the anticipation for The Return of the King is getting as strong as that of the release of ANH: SE.

UBi

20. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Are you talking ANH (SE) on DVD? If so, post a link to this information. I know nothing of it. Thanks.

Also, if 8 AM is too early, watch FOTR on DVD at your place the night before and join us for the second movie.

Darth_Render has to be someplace for work early that day, but says he may drop by in time for the second feature. You can do the same. If not, no big deal. We will see you at the dinner. :)

Thanks for posting.

21. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I'll be there for the evening dinner and movie.

For those coming from Lafayette, get off on the College Drive exit. Take a left to get onto College Drive. Take a right at the 2nd light which is Corporate Road or Drive (at Ruby Tuesday). Once on Corporate, take a right at the 2nd light, which is about a mile from College. You drive up the the 1st curve and the restaurants are on the right. The movie theater is a little further down, past the Barnes and Noble store.

The theater is really nice. The screen will likely be one of the larger ones they have, and the seating is stadium style.

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I was unsure of the theatre when you recommended it, but this sounds great! I am glad it is stadium seating. Wonder how early we need to stand in line to nab good seats.

Also, I hope the restaurant I choose is good with you. I just did a search and picked something close that I was familiar with.

I think this will be a lot of fun! Can't wait.

23. Ubigod

Jan 16, 2003
    "Are you talking ANH (SE) on DVD? If so, post a link to this information. I know nothing of it. Thanks."

No, I was refering to A New Hopes release in the theaters way back when. As for Star Wars being released on DVD, it was announced for next Christmas, I beleive. Look at wickets post about it. Star Wars Dvd
    I will try to swing by for the Two Tower showing.

EDIT: fixing link and quote

24. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    it is done, i ordered my ticket. i can't wait, wish me luck on my finals this coming week.

25. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    More than luck, my friend. Good luck. ;)

Also, nice post about the DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.