Meeting #11 (Dinner and a Movie)

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallen_Knight Jedi Padawan

Thats great i will try my best to show for it.
  2. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Word of advice:

You guys should purchase tickets before arriving at the theatre. I see some of you have posted that you have done so, I reccommend that everyone purchase them online it possible. Citiplace is one of the most popular (if not the most popular) theatres in Baton Rouge. I am expected a lot of people for ROTK. By the way I live in Baton Rouge and work in Lafayette.
  3. jmayeux Jedi Knight

star 1
    well I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend wit you guys. I'll be working all day and then I'll have to be back at work at 6am Thursday. I can say that while you are all in Baton Rouge, I'll be representing us in Lafayette at the WestWood for the ROTK; be it by myself. I wish you all the luck and great viewing. I'll be with you all in spirit, yet a little closer to home.
  4. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry to hear that jmayeux :( Whish you were coming.

Hope you LOTR experience is still magical.

5. Ubigod Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just bought my ticket so work better not screw me and send me out to work that day.
    looking forward to this,

Ubi
  6. Fallen_Knight Jedi Padawan

You can count me in for the whole day swampsurfer i'll finally make a meeting. Til the may the force be with you.
  7. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey Swamp sorry for the phone disconncet. I don't hardly have a signal at my new house.

As for the meeting it is not looking good. After weeks of begging my boss for this day off she STILL has not given it to me. WHY you ask? Because we HATE each other with red passion! She denies me anything that I ask for. :(
  8. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Time to find a new J O B :mad:

Going to work must suck knowing she doesn't like you.

We will miss you, but I understand. Especially with the baby Jedi around. People have to work to make a living. Everyone knows that. Don't be a stranger. Call my cell on off-peak hours anytime (9PM-6AM & Weekends), we should talk. Good luck and we will be thinking of you. Later
  9. DarthRender Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll be there I done bought my ticket.
  10. nightbringer Jedi Padawan

sorry... i work 7p - 7a and this week i work Tues, Wed, Fri. I'm gonna try and wake up early on Wed and go see RotK but I heard it's like 3.5 hours long... might have to wait till Thurs, which sux. Maybe next time.
  11. Fallen_Knight Jedi Padawan

Sorry I couldn't make it i wanted too so bad but i had an emergency come up and i couldn't go. Maybe next time i can make the meeting.
  12. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Time for a recap . . .

jmayeaux, Fallen_Knight, and nightbringer all could not attend, but wanted to. Work sucks!

wicket_the_ewok showed up at 8:05 AM, in true college style, 5 min. late due to being up all night (Went see the midnight feature & did not get home till 4AM).

Force_Addict, our newest member, was a little confused, and went to Tinseltown.

Fellowship of the Ring started at 8:20 AM at my place, and Bakh-tor_01 showed up at 8:25 AM. He and I were up late playing STAR WARS Galaxies.

DarthRender showed up, after a class of some sort at work, near the last quarter of FOTR, just as wicket_the_ewok woke up from his 2 hour nap.

All 4 of us walked across the street and had PoorBoys. We started The Two Towers at 12:20 PM and agreed to fast forward through the running sceens and skip a few things. Edits curtesy of wicket_the_ewok.

DarthRender left about midway through for an emergency meeting at work, and we messed around on the computer for a while. So watching the 2nd movie was a bust.

When DarthRender returned, we all headed out for Baton Rouge, approx. 3:35 PM. Got to the grill just before 5 PM. We were joined shortly thereafter by Ubigod then by Lord_Sidious. We had a great meal and some laughs during our geek-talk session.

Finally, the movie we had all been waiting for, Return of the King. It was sold out. Good thing we all had advance tickets. Next showing was 11PM. The lines and crowds were here! The movie left us in awe. It was that good.

Next we took a couple of pictures to commerate the occasion, and said our good byes. That's a wrap.

In my opinion, a successful FanForce Meeting.
  13. jmayeux Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I saw it at 8PM at the Westwood.

I just have 2 words for this movie

"HELL YEA!!!!!"
  14. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Sorry I couldn't attend, but I ended up seeing the 7:30 show at Citiplace. I was going to wait to see ROTK, since I am currently reading the books, but a friend of mine called me and she had won 2 tickets at work. So we went to the showing and loved every minute of it.

This was one of the best movie going experiences of my life. Since I hadn't finished the books yet, everything was a surprise for me. The anticipation was great. I am just sad that it is now over. Hopefully, we'll get The Hobbit in a couple of years.
  15. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I heard about that, and Jackson said he wanted to do it. Cool!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.