Meeting #13 (Video Game Marathon in Baton Rouge)

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by wicket_the_ewok, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey everybody, does anybody know when the next meeting is? I heard it might be a video game meeting, just a rumor I heard at the last meeting.
  2. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was supposed to be in Early April and in Baton Rouge at Lord_Sidious' place. I have been too busy lately to organize it. I will send Lord_Sidious an eMail to see what is a good time in May. Then I will put together a good plan and get on it. Sorry.

The only time I have for STAR WARS has been spent in StarWarsGalaxies. Lots of exciting things happening there. I really wish more of FanForce Acadiana would play. We have the most fabulous Guild hall on the Tempest server. Seems only Bakh-tor and I are dedicated to this game at the moment. I saw your post mentioning interest in the game. If you do get on, PLEASE use you post name here and create a character on the TEMPEST server. We can help you get started as much as possible.

Has anyone gone to see Kill Bill? Awsome!

I promise I will get on planning the next movie soon.
  3. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can still host a meeting here in Baton Rouge if everyone is still interested. The weekends of May 15 and 22 are open for me right now. After that, I am not sure.

I haven't seen "Kill Bill" 2 yet. "Man on Fire" was very good though.
  4. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    the 15th sounds awesome, all of my finals will be over by then. I did see the punisher though, extremely awesome.
  5. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Really? The Punisher was good? I read reviews that said it wasn't. Anyway, I would like to have the party on the 15th.

So, if that is good. Let's start talking about what games we can play and what game platforms will be available.
  6. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can bring my gamecube with Rouge Leader and Rebel Strike. I unlocked every level on Rebel Strike and playing the multiplayer/coop version of the game will be cool.
  7. Fallen_Knight Jedi Padawan

Whats up you crzy bunch of people. The 15th sounds good but i don't get off of work till 4 so i would be a little late showing up if thats not too late. oh and by the way as far as games go i was just informed of the new KOTOR 2. From what i read it sounds like it will be pretty awesome much like the first one. Well if the 15th is it then i will surely try to make it. like i said i ain't gonna be able to get off until like 4 or 4:30 that afternoon but if thats about the right time then i can surely be there about 5 or 5:15. and if i could get directions too that would be great. thanks guys hope to see ya'll soon and may the force be with you.
  8. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry everyone, but something just came up and the 15th is not going to work for me. The 16th though is wide open and I hope that it will work well for everyone.

I have an XBox, but the only SW game I have for it is Jedi Starfighter and it was not very good (compared to Rogue Squadron). I can rent some other XBox games if there is an interest in them. I also have an N64 (and all of the older Nintendo game systems) which I figure to hook up to an older TV on the side.

Hopefully, the date change be OK for Wicket for I would definitely like to see the Gamecube Rogue Leader game.
  9. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can we shoot for the 22nd then? Is anyone opposed?
  10. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    I might have a conflict for the 22nd. 50/50 chance. I possibly will know something more after this weekend.
  11. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey anytime is good for me. but i do need a job this summer. anybody know any good places?
  12. crestfallen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll be in BR on the 22.
  13. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi everyone,

I will be very busy this weekend, with my birthday & studying for a test in the Acadiana Law Enforcement Academy. The 16th would not be good for me & our host Lord_Sidious is out of town in Lake Charles until at least Friday. So, such short notice for him would not be the best either.

I spoke to Lord_Sidious on the phone tonight and he said May 22nd would work for him. We are hoping that more than 4 or 5 of us will show, but let's plan it, put out an eMail and see what happens.

If you can commit to the 22nd, please let us know what time of day is best for you. He also said he will try to get online soon and post directions to his place and put out any information he feels we might need to make it a successful meeting. So, stay posted. May the Force be with you all & hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,
    Swampsurfer
    Citizen of New Hope, Corellia &
    Master Droid Engineer

--------------------

Ooops! I forgot. I thought I was in the TEMPEST STAR WARS Galaxy :D

You guys are missing some good stuff there. Profession revamps, awsome updates & Hyperspace is comming out soon!
  14. Aethon Jedi Padawan

hey guys, Aethon here. I know I am not active here much but I just wanted to stop in and say hello.
    As far as Galaxies goes, I have a Master Carbineer/Master Combat Medic and a Master Politician who is working on Master TKA right now. Unfortunately Swampsurfer got involved on a dofferent server before I could catch him :(
    I play on Chilastra, we have a city with about 80 citizens right now, that includes 4 guilds. The guild I play with is a nice group of serious, mature players. I spend most of my free time in the game, and I am looking forward to the upcoming game changes and expansion.

Ok, that's my plug for SWG, and a quick hi to remind you all that I am still here.

Hope to see you all soon,

Aethon
    Cim Taurus on Chilastra
  15. Vaders_Clone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I've been here but I just wanted to say hey. I've been very busy lately. I'm getting married this July. As far the meeting, I have a meeting that morning that will probably last till the afternoon, so it might be hard for me to get to Baton Rouge. The meeting is 1.5 hours away. I'll let you know what time it's over! May the force be with you.
  16. Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, The 22nd is good for me anytime after 2p. See ya'll there!
  17. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aethon Well, I hear you on the different server thing, but the good news is the future holds the ability to migrate to another server, we will have to see what that entails. Your environment sounds better than New Hope, but I have friends here I will miss. I am sure that is the same for you. Still, I will try to plan a meeting in game in June on the Tempest server. I hope you attend.

Vader's Clone We understand about the meeting thing & it is good to hear from you.
  18. Lord_Sidious Jedi Knight

star 3
    The 22nd is clear for me all day, so any time would work. I will also be out of town this coming week, so I will not be able to check in. Swampsurfer, whatever time works for everyone will be OK.

Directions:

From Lafayette traveling on I10; once you get to the I10/I12 split, stay on I10 (going to New Orleans) and take the Essen Lane exit, which will be the 1st exit past the split. You are going to take a right to get onto Essen Lane (going south). Essen has a 3 lanes going south. By the time you get to the railroad tracks (about a mile), you would want to be in the left lane. The 1st light past the railroad tracks has a Exxon and Burger King on it, go straight at the light and the 3 lanes will merge into the left lane. After a couple of turns, you will come to another stop light, go straight there. At around a 1/2 mile past the light, the 2-lane road will get wider and make a left turn center lane. At this location, take a right onto Boone Dr. There is a white street sign at the road, but it will come quickly so start slowing down before the start of the left turn lane. Once on Boone, you will come to two 4-way stops. Go straight at each one. Take the 1st left past the 2nd 4-way stop, which will be Baird Dr. (and there is no stop sign). I will be the 2nd house on the right; red bricked, white trim, black car.

Coming from New Orleans on I10, just take a left on the Essen exit and follow the directions above once on Essen going south.

The address is 563 Baird Dr, Baton Rouge 70808 if you want to see it on an internet map. My home # is 225 819-1205. My cell # is 225 938-5614.

We will have a good time no matter who or how many show up. I will probably make margaritas for me and anyone else, and I will have plenty of snacks. If there is something you want to bring or want me to pick up, no problem there. If everyone wants to order out something, that would be OK; or there are a couple of decent restaurants close by if we wanted to go out afterwards. I am open for anything. I hope we have a good meeting and I will check back here Friday night. If there are any questions during the week, I can be contacted at the cell # above during the evenings.

P.S. Wicket, if you still plan to attend, you can come a little earlier to hook up the Nintendo.
  19. Sarabi_Moon Jedi Padawan

Hay guys sorry it took so long to talk back but the computer's been down. Sorry but I won't be able to goin you for this one. I work for thows days.
    I would sugest you guys go see Van Helsing. I loved it. The Punisher was good to. Talk to you guys later.
  20. SSDExecutor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey there everyone. I live in Baton Rouge too and - although I'm not a big video game player (just not enough time) - I'd like to come to the meeting. Is there anything I should bring? Hope to see a bunch of other Star Wars fanatics there! :D
  21. Hudel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everyone! Long time no post for me! Between baby, work and life in general I just haven't had time. I'm still trying to work out being able to attend. I'm not making any promises, but I shall try. Hope I can make it and see everyone there

Hudel
  22. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    what time will this meeting be at?
  23. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is 5PM good for everyone?
  24. MasterJediShake Jedi Knight

Most likely , I will not be able to make it.
  25. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.