main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #14 (Original Trilogy DVD Release Party)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to open up the conversation about the possibility of meeting at Lord_Sidious's place for this monumental occasion. I am off Tuesday, Sept. 21st, but have to work the next two days following, Wed. and Thurs. Fri., Sat., and Sun. are also good for me.

First and foremost we need to hear from the dark lord himself to see if he will have us over or not, but I do believe his offer to host the meeting still stands.

Finally, I want to apologize for my apparent lack of coordination in regards to the meeting we did not have in July (Lafayette). I was pre-occupied with the Law Enforcement Training Academy OR SWG. You decide ;)

Well, the floor is open, let's discuss it.

2. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I could still host the meeting if everyone is interested. I have a conflict on the evening the DVD's come out, and the following Saturday (9/25) is out because of a LSU home football game. That Friday evening or Sunday would be OK.

3. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    In that case I would prefer the Friday. Anyone else want to offer any suggestions?

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    On second thought, all three movies and visiting with friends OLD and NEW may take some time. How about we make it a 8 hr. or more event? Therefore, Sunday would more than likely be best. Any feedback? Anyone?

UPDATE: I sent out the news letter a few minutes ago. In case you did not receive it, please send me a private message with you correct eMail address. The news letter can also be viewed by CLICKing this link. Please check it out & me informed as of how to get in touch with you.

5. Aethon

Aethon Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2003
    I would love to make this the first meeting I attend :)

Classes started this week for me so I will have to see how things go over the next week or so to be able to tell if there is an opening for me at ANY time in the next 5 months. (lol)

I will post back here as soon as I get some info.

Aethon
    (Cim Taurus, Chilastra Galaxy)

Michael

6. Maggnus_Darkblade

Maggnus_Darkblade Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    Whatever date yall come up with is fine with me, i'll be there.

7. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    ...we will all be purchasing our copy Tuesday, September 21st, the day of the release. Therefore, I suggest NOT watching the movies until the day of the meeting.

Awww just rub it in Swampsurfer. Amazon won't be sending my DVDs until the 27th (more likely the 29th). So I don't think you have to worry about me being tempted. I really won't know until that week, if I will be able to attend the meeting. So any day will fine with me, even that Sunday during football.
    I am also assuming that the t-shirts will either be avaible or will be able to order at the meeting. The last modified design was fine with me.

Ubi

8. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    The Friday or the sunday after the release date is fine with me. Saturday is a big NO for everybody because LSU Football takes over the city of baton rouge on gamedays. and about the t-shirts, go to the t-shirt thread and read my latest post.

9. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    The Friday is better for me. I'll be off work that day.

I might could get outta work if the group deceides on Sunday though.

Having said that, it's hard to make plans with "The Littlest Jedi" (or Bounty Hunter in SWG) around. I'll try to make it either way, just need a day and destructions on how to get there.

10. ArtisticJedi

ArtisticJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    I would love to come on Friday or Sunday. Sunday is better for me. But I'm like Lord Sid, Lsu home game throws a monkey in my wench.

11. Knnie

Knnie Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2004
    Unlike Swam and Maggnus, I work alot of overtime. Hiwever either day would be fine as long as i have plenty of advanced notice inorder to find someone to take my place. In other word I'll be there!

12. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I would like to go if I can get out of work.

LS lives in BR right? That is a long drive for me though.

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Holy cow, BATMAN! JEDI-SOLO is comming.

14. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    I'M gonna try and be there.

15. Darth_Trevor

Darth_Trevor Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2004
    Hey, i moved into the lafayette area two years ago.(Breaux Bridge) I have been looking for this for awile. Man this is cool! If ya'll have a gathering of some sort then i think that it would be fun to so fellow fans.

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Darth_Trevor, I'm glad you found our group & welcome. It would be great to have you at our next meeting. If you know fellow STAR WARS fans, please inform them of the existance of our humble group.

Also, in order to keep track of all our members, we ask that they post in our Roll Call - Official FanForce Acadiana Sign Up thread. Appreciate it if you do this. Thanks :)

17. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I am Trying to get off Swamp.

Keep Fingers crossed for me.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    /crossfingers :)

19. Maggnus_Darkblade

Maggnus_Darkblade Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    The time is near...

Have we come up with a date and time yet to have this gathering? Shall it be in Baton Rouge or Lafayette? I'm very excited in meeting all of you.

20. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    It is official, Hayden Christensen WILL be in Episode VI. Go to USAToday.com for more info.

21. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    ^That bites.

22. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    I agree....that does in fact, BITE!

23. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/eballa1/ROTJ-AnakinFixed.jpg]

I've also seen the new clip of the Emperor in Emipire...not a bad change, but all in all, I wish they would leave the films alone.

24. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    Have you seen the Tv spots for the DVDs? Doesn't it make you feel like a kid again, waiting for your parents to take you to see the movies. So when are we having this meeting? Sunday? or Friday? Those looks like the two most popular days. Cons and Pros of each day: Friday has a good night to hit a refreshing drinking establishment after over 6 hourrs of movie watching. Sunday has NFL, so I would prefer Friday.

Of course if Ivan hits the Gulf and wrecks havoc offshore, I may not see anyone for a long, long time.

Ubi

25. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    I agree with Ubi, Friday would be better, also I might have to study or do homework on sunday. but, if it is on sunday i wont mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.