main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #14 (Original Trilogy DVD Release Party)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    You could do your homework on Friday night. ;) :p

2. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    Directions:

From Lafayette traveling on I10; once you get to the I10/I12 split, stay on I10 (going to New Orleans) and take the Essen Lane exit, which will be the 1st exit past the split. You are going to take a right to get onto Essen Lane (going south). Essen has a 3 lanes going south. By the time you get to the railroad tracks (about a mile), you would want to be in the left lane. The 1st light past the railroad tracks has a Exxon and Burger King on it, go straight at the light and the 3 lanes will merge into the left lane. After a couple of turns, you will come to another stop light, go straight there. At around a 1/2 mile past the light, the 2-lane road will get wider and make a left turn center lane. At this location, take a right onto Boone Dr. There is a white street sign at the road, but it will come quickly so start slowing down before the start of the left turn lane. Once on Boone, you will come to two 4-way stops. Go straight at each one. Take the 1st left past the 2nd 4-way stop, which will be Baird Dr. (and there is no stop sign). I will be the 2nd house on the right; red bricked, white trim, black car.

Coming from New Orleans on I10, just take a left on the Essen exit and follow the directions above once on Essen going south.

The address is 563 Baird Dr, Baton Rouge 70808 if you want to see it on an internet map. My home # is 225 819-1205. My cell # is 225 938-5614.

3. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    i saw one of the documentaries, Empire of Dreams, on A&E this past week. It was really cool. It comes on again Sunday morning at 10am.

4. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Is it still sunday?

5. darkest_jedi54

darkest_jedi54 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    I havent missed this have I?

6. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    No it's not tomorrow but next Sunday, I guess.

7. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    the meeting is Sunday the 26, but if you want to view the documentary, Empire of Dreams, it is this sunday at 10AM on A&E.

8. darkest_jedi54

Sep 17, 2004
    Oh ok, well then you can count me in for next sunday. I just found out yesterday that my step brother is sending my dad a gift certificate large enough to get the trilogy for my dad's birthday.

9. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    Less than half a day until the triolgy on DVD is in my hands. I feel like a little kid again. Can't wait any longer :D

10. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Anyone think WAL-MART may stock them tonight?

11. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    Stock what?

12. darkest_jedi54

Sep 17, 2004
    The Trilogy, and I'm willing to bet money on it.

13. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I got mine this morning when I got off work. ($47.82)
    Wal-mart's have big displays out in the main isle.
    ... at least the one in Zachary did. Also I think I saw that the new game Battlefront is out today too.

14. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    got mine this morning at suncoast (preordered for 54.49). It was a little bit more than wal-mart, but I got a free lithograph with the purchase. Can't wait to watch them at the meeting.

15. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    Arrgh, atleast my copy has been sent on it journey to me. It should be at my doorsteps on 27th. The only good thing about this delay is that I will not be tempted to watch all three movies before the meeting. I don't think I could make it a whole week if the movies were actually in my possession.

Ubi

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    knnie picked up my copy while out shopping at WALMART and delivered at 1 A.M. Damn, I've got good friends.

I watched everything but the features, to include the easter egg on the BONUS disk. The trailers are one of my favorite special features.

I can't wait till SUNDAY. I agree with Ubigod; the anticipation is killin' me.

17. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    We will be starting ANH around 11:00 in the morning this Sunday (9/26). If you cannot make it for the first movie, you are still welcome to stop by and join us for ESB and ROTJ.

Based on this thread, 8 have said they were coming and 4 have said they might come. It would be nice to know how many to expect so that I can make sure I have enough chairs and all. So, if you know you can come and have not posted yet, please let us know. Thanks.

18. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    not sure if i posted if i was coming or not, but i will be there.

19. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    Looks Like I will not be there, unless some server weather hits this weekend. Just called out for work, Job is going to last for 30+. Have fun at the meeting.

20. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Nooooooooooo! It can't be. That's impossible. You must make this meeting.

With all sincerity, we will miss you. Wish you could make it.

NOTE to all: Reminder eMail sent out today! PLEASE let me know via a Private Message here if you are not receiving eMail from me concerning meetings.

21. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Lord Sidious, count me as a maybe. I'm trying desperately to get someone to swap shifts with me Sun.

22. darkest_jedi54

Sep 17, 2004
    I would just like to reinerate that I will be there on sunday, hopefully I will wake up before 9 so as to give me plenty of time to get there.

23. acidblue0

acidblue0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2002
    Long time no see.I'm making my yearly post LOL

24. acidblue0

acidblue0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2002
    I would come to y?alls meeting sometimes but I believe I will the only ?old guy? there.

25. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    I'm 31 dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.