main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #14 (Original Trilogy DVD Release Party)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acidblue0

acidblue0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2002
    Cool i'm 32

2. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Nooooooo..... Just found out i have to stay here this weekend. The guy I work with who is also a SW fan, we both got copies on the 21st. He has to go to a funeral is south TX. so I Have to be in town, on call. So I'm going home and watch them ALL tonight. BTW the Documentary is Awesome. The "Revenge of the Jedi" Trailer is cool. and, well I watched that disc twice so far. Ya'll have all the fun I wish I coould.

3. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Got you all beat, most probably. I'm 35 years "young". And I am not OLD.

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I heard from jmayeux in my bellsouth eMail, "Thanks for the heads up Swamp. I unfornuately will not be able to attend. I wish you all a safe trip and happy viewing, and I hope to see you all soon at a meeting.
    Thanks again, have a great time...
    Jonathan
    "

Also, NabootyCall from Dallas Fort Worth, TX (our former RSA) wishes us the best of luck on this meeting and posted information on the FanForce main page. CLICK HERE TO READ

5. ArtisticJedi

ArtisticJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    yo yo yo folks

I will be attending my first fanforce acadiana meeting tomorrow so it should be intresting to put faces and names to screen names and icons.

I was at the game today and wow am i sunburned.
    I understand that yall are putting on A new hope at 11:00?
    I'll try to pop in around then. I would love to stay for the whole show but I'm an Art major at the university and that means I have
    a butt load of projects to work on for monday. So I might stay for one movie or an hour or two, Unless I am so completly amazed by the concept of a bunch of Star Wars nuts gathering around and watching the movies together that I have to stay just to savor the moment.

Anyhoo, meet yall tomorrow.

6. darkest_jedi54

darkest_jedi54 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    Ok I have to have an answer before I leave tomorrow, I know ANH starts at 1100, but is there a projected end time?

7. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Will be there !!!

8. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    We will probably end around 6:00.

9. darkest_jedi54

darkest_jedi54 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    Hate to cancel at the last minute but I have to pick up my mother at the bus station.

10. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    I'm gonna be late.

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I was off of work today and I was planning on going to BR for the meeting and then I got Food poising friday. Yeah wonderful for me so I am doped up on all kinds of stuff from the doctor right now while yall are having fun. :( I am pissed and in pain!

12. Maggnus_Darkblade

Maggnus_Darkblade Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2004
    Sorry for not making it guys, my grandfather is not doing to well, so I decided to stay with him today. I hope to make the next meeting.

13. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    Meeting was cool.

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Well, it was looking pretty grim for a while. Of course my car has been broken for some time now, but I thought I would be able to borrow a vehicle from a car dealer trying to sell me on something, but that did not work out. Also, with DarthRender, Maggnus_Darkblade, Knnie, and possibly Hudel planning on going, I was not too worried. Then Knnie fell ill and his truck was giving him problems, and Maggnus_Darkblade was backing out, and DarthRender had things to do earlier in the day and planned on being late, and I hadn't heard from Hudel. I was really worried. Worst thing is my daughter Amber wanted to come, but now I couldn't even get there. At the last moment, I decided to catch the bus to Baton Rouge. I packed the door prize & location directions, made preperations for my girlfriend to pick up Amber after church, peddled my bike to the jail then litterely ran to the Greyhound bus terminal and purchased a ticket to Baton Rouge for $14.50. Now is that dedication or what? I said I was going to be there, and by FORCE I was going to be there. Well, at that point things got better. Moniqua managed to borrow her mom's car so she and Knnie could make it. They picked up Amber and departed as I was in route to Lord_Sidious's place. Also, Lord_Sidious had no problem picking me up at the terminal in Baton Rouge, since wicket_the_ewok was bummin' a ride too. [face_laugh]

wicket_the_ewok, Lord_Sidious and I started moving the audio visual equipment around to better seat those expected to show and then Moniqua, Knnie and Amber showed up. That made 6 of us. We started A NEW HOPE at 11:05 AM. Mid-way through DARTH-ICE-C showed up and a few minutes later ArtisticJedi joined us, making the total members 8 present. As the first movie finished and we made preperations to order pizza for lunch, DARTH-ICE-C had to leave to pick up his wife who had been shopping at the mall. We then started the next movie and DarthRender showed up not long after. Lord_Sidious brought DarthRender up to speed by explaining that in the first movie, the 1st Deathstar had been destroyed and the Empire was set on eliminating the rebellion once and for all. As if DarthRender, the walking encylopedia of STAR WARS lore needed to know this. :) Well, we ate and had the prize drawing before ArtisticJedi had to go. DarthRender won a copy of STAR WARS Galaxies. Just what he needed. Hopefully he will now join us in game. RETURN OF THE JEDI was put into the DVD drive and the final climatic chapter played out.

These DVDs are so well put together, and with Lord_Sidious's wide, flat, plasma screen television and Dolby Digitial Surround sound, these movies have never been such a pleasure to watch outside of the theatre. All, I can say is wow! I went home and watched A NEW HOPE again. Awsome!

I wish . . .
    Bakh-tor_01 didn't have to work,
    we had run into darkest_jedi54 at the bus terminal and kidnapped him and his mom (just jokin') - would have been nice to have met you,
    crestfallen, Aethon, Darth_Trevor, acidblue0, & Hudel would have mede it,
    JEDI-SOLO felt better,
    Maggnus_Darkblade could have pulled himself away from BATTLEFRONT (really, sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope he will be OK.),
    and if there was anyone else who wanted to come, I hope to see you next time.

We will plan to meet in Lafayette for the next meeting. I was thinking November some time, but is that going to be a problem for anyone? Let's get some suggestions. I know the Droid and Ewok adventures will be published in DVD, but perhaps some other Sci-fi movie will be around for our viewing pleasure then. Or even a LAN party was discussed. Let's start talkin' about it early.

15. ArtisticJedi

ArtisticJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    the meeting was great! by the way, that was the greates television I've ever seen!

16. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I am glad that everyone had a good time. :)

17. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    I was there, goober.

Thanks for the accomodations Mr. Sidious.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm so sorry crestfallen. I forgot. So many people came and went, & I wanted to get a picture of the group together. PLEASE accept my apology. I guess, with the movie playing, we did not get to chat too much with each other. Maybe next time.

19. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    What are you talking about?

20. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Sorry I had to cut out early guys.(As you know, a darker force was calling). It was cool to finaly meet some of the group. Lord Sidious, that is one very impressive set up you have. The sound alone gave me chills. I am shamed now by my little 36" TV. Anyhoo, had fun and hope to make the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.