main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #15 (Bar-B-Q and Fun)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Ubigod, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Sorry guys, I called at 7am, but my dad took off somewhere in his truck this morning and I won't be able to borrow it. If we need a larger grill I'll be happy to chip in for a run to Wally-world. They have some for around $27 that are good for quick cookouts.

I will bring an electric charcoal starter. Eliminates the need for flammables

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Don't worry about a grill. The one I have will do. No one needs to go out and buy a new Bar-B-Q grill.

Thanks anyway,
    Swampsurfer

3. Jedi_Master_Rssoh

Jedi_Master_Rssoh Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I'm going to make it. I'm just waiting for the family to finish getting ready for the day, then I'll be dropping them off somewhere on the way. :)

Hope I haven't missed too much yet. ^.^

4. Jedi_Master_Rssoh

May 15, 2002
    If there is anything you need me to bring, Andre... give me a call and let me know. I'm still at the same number you have. :)

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    For such short notice and little effort, I would say this meeting went over well.

Reporting was: Bahk-tor, wicket_the_ewok, jmayeux, Ubigod, Jedi_Master_Rssoh, his friend (whom for the life of me, can't remembre his name. I am horrible with names. :confused: ) and my daughter Amber, who still has not signed up as a member (but makes most of the meetings by default - LOL)

We had plenty BBQ, listened to the Audio Drama of only Episode IV. Which was very nice, considering we we're out on the back patio in the shade on a cool and sunny Saturday afternoon. Very nice idea for a meeting. We may revisit this type of meeting in the future.

Discussion broke out about [face_idea] putting together Fan Day III close to the release of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Needless to say, with a little encouragement from the group, I picked up the reigns and agreed to help drive the train behind that. However, I am going to ask for help from the rest of you out there. I hope I get it. Jedi_Master_Rssoh is preoccupied with two other larger ventures not related to STAR WARS and can not assist as much as he and friends did last time. So it is up to us.

Jedi_Master_Rssoh please explain why it is you can't aid our efforts. I forget what the name of the projects you are working on are, but I understand the amount of work that goes into them, especially following our small merger for Fan Day II.

[On with the story] Following the geek-talk session, we moved indoors for a game of STAR WARS DVD Trivia Pursuit. That game was very fun, and I hope we do it again soon. However, I can't seem to remember who won. Someone help me here [face_thinking]

Next, we watched the last 5 episodes of Clone Wars TAS from cartoon network.

Then wicket_the_ewok, Bakh-tor, and I went to speak with the managers of the Carmike and the Grand theaters her in Lafayette. Both managers were very receptive to the idea of working with our group to do something fun and rewarding for the fan base close to opening weekend. I think we have the green light for a very fun event. All we have to do is get a plan together on paper and FAX it to them in order to sell our ideas. Then, depending on what kind of response we get, tailor our plan around one of the two theatres. This brings me to my final point in this thread. Consider lending a hand in the planning and execution of this event by posting in this thread: Volunteers & Suggestions for Fan Day III

6. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    I believe the friends name was Darth Stoney.

7. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Swamp,
    Just a line to tell you that I enjoyed the meeting. It was fun and I learned alot I didn't know. Also, tell Jacqui that I really apprecate her letting our bunch take over her home.(Both your Home now)I don't know how much help I can be for FanDay III but I can say that I will definately work at the event with you guys.

8. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Sorry I could not make it guys. I was going to try and be there later in the afternoon, but Darth Car Problem stopped me. The DVD game sounds fun. Hopefully we can get together on it again.

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    [face_laugh] "Darth Car Problem" I love it!

Yea, sorry you couldn't make it either. Missed you, we did.

10. Jedi_Master_Rssoh

May 15, 2002
    Jedi_Master_Rssoh please explain why it is you can't aid our efforts. I forget what the name of the projects you are working on are, but I understand the amount of work that goes into them, especially following our small merger for Fan Day II.
    I am organizing a major anime convention for the weekend of August 26-28, here in Lafayette called MechaCon. Aside from that, I'm helping the Consulate-General of Japan with JapanFest on May 15 (New Orleans). Sorry, but it's just not in the cards for me this year.

However, I can't seem to remember who won. Someone help me here.
    That would be Darth Stoney and I who showed you guys the power of the dark side! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.