main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #17 (Movie Opening & Dinner)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Jun 2, 2005.

?

Meeting #17 (Movie Opening & Dinner)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. View BATMAN Begins @ The Grand 16, Lafayette

50.0%
  2. View BATMAN Begins @ Carmike Cinema, Lafayette

35.7%
  3. Die first before watching BATMAN, but willing to meet for dinner.

7.1%
  4. Read this post, but won't participate.

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
  2. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Hi everyone,

I propose we do the following on June 15th no earlier than 7 PM (see MY CALENDAR, I have to work.):

1. Gather together to view BATMAN Begins at the theater with the highest votes above.

2. Grab something to eat after the show in order to socialize a bit with friends old & new. We can decide on this as a group while waiting for the show to begin. We will want to arrive early for good seats, of course :D

PLEASE leave some sort of response. Don't just vote. THANKS.

3. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    can we make it for the 18 are 19.im onlee off on weekends and i work nights

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    That weekend is when we are planning to go to Texas to see RotS in DLP.

5. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    I voted for the Grand, but the location really doesn't matter to me. As the broken record goes, I will make it to the meeting as long as meet are touching dry land. Are we going to dinner after the movie? I remember the Matrix dinner and movie event, I just don't want to burn anymore bridges. :)

ubi

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    You did make it to that one, correct? What do you mean burn anymore bridges?

Reason for eating after is to discuss the movie. I thought it would be best that way. Although, I do understand it is not healthy to eat that late. However, we can always just have drinks and appitizers. Eat before the movie if you must. :)

I'm hoping you will be there. You can finally get your T-Shirt.

7. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    Where is dinner and how many people usually come?

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Dinner or appitizers & drinks will be wherever we decide to go. Probably something close to wherever the movie is.

In the past, this kind of event draws from 5 to 12 members. Still, with the revitalized interest in the group, you never know. However, we are talkin' about a week night (Wednesday), so I don't know. Stay current with this thread. There is a setting you can use that will send you an eMail when anything is changed in this thread. If you want to make sure you don't miss anything, activate that mechanism.

9. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Don't think I can go, Andre. Batman sucks anyway.

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
  11. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Well, I voted for The Grand, but I won't know for sure til the beginning of that week if I'm working around town or not. Soon as I know I'll let you guys know.

12. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    i cant go il be working

13. Darth_Angel

Darth_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2002
    i see no reason why i can't go... the location for the movie or where we're eating doesn't matter to me, either way i'm driving from baton rouge! woo hoo, roadtrip!

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Oh! The PM I sent was pertaining to the Fantastic4 (Meeting #19). Still, glad to hear you are comming, and your help with that meeting will be greatfully appreciated.

:( Wishing Soler-Vector could come.

15. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    the grand has my vote. im not sure if i am working that night but i would get off around 8, 8:30. i'll post back when i get my schedule

16. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I'm sure I could come to the movie after work. What I'm not clear on is why we need to vote for the Place. The Carmike supports our group and the Grand Dissed us completely. I have never been all that impressed with the Grand anyway. Newness is the only think its got going for it. I'm voteing for the Carmike because I enjoy it and because the Grand wouldn't support the Group.

17. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Well jmayeaux, your logic is sound and reflects my thoughts, but I don't want to impose my ideas on anyone if I don't have to. I figure, this is everyone's group, and the majority should decide when it comes to Lafayette movie meetings. Have to be fair. We are there to watch a movie, not make a statment. However, if we can do both, I'm all for it.

18. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    Sorry, Not really trying to impose, just stating the obvious...not to mention expressing my opinion of the Grand in general.

19. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    It was marginal, but The Grand 16 won.

I purchased my tickets just a little while ago. Please get tickets to the 7:30 PM show, June 15th, Screen 9.

Now we can start deciding on the place to meet afterwards. Weeknight after 9:30 PM. What's open? Anyone know?

Hope to see you all there.

20. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    Don't know what is open late, except for Books-A-Million. They are open till 11 on weeknights. I know that sounds strange but I'm a nerd; therefore I hang out at bookstore coffee shops and read magazines without buying them. LOL.

21. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    hey im not sure if im working wednesday night (I will be working til 8pm if i do work at night), i'll know by sunday.

22. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Not going to be able to make this one

23. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    Raising Cane's is always open til like midnight, we could go there.

24. Knnie-Benwah

Knnie-Benwah Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2004
    Hey, Monica and I will be there as long as my work schedule stays as is. info only I voted Grand Big guy = Big seats.

25. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    good news.my bose gave me the thumbs up so il be off wesday to go.hope to see all of yall ther.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.