main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #18 (Episode III in DLP)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    eney upjetions for me bringing my star wars audeo books.i think yall well like it.il allso bring some sodas if sombody brings an ice chest.

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    We need to decide who else is going to drive, I think. As it is, Soler-Vector and wicket_the_ewok are riding with me.

From the looks of it, Lord_Sidious and DarthRender/Chrestfallen plan to come as well.

As for the audio, I don't mind. However, if you plan on riding with us, I don't think there will be much room for an ice-chest.

3. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    ok just wonderingif we whod have hade room i whod have brout sodas for everybody.

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I have room for 3 passengers, 4 with me. Another vehicle will be necessary. I am hoping Lord_Sidious will drive his car like he did last time. Then we can go 3 per vehicle. I think we have a total of 6. Then we will have room for an ice chest. If we go with 4 in my vehicle, I don't know about the ice chest.

5. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    According to dlpmovies.com, Batman is a dlp movie. The Plano theater has no times listed past Tuesday, so I am not sure how the Batman movie will fit into their schedule.

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What does BATMAN have to do with this trip. Earlier in our planning we talked about BATMAN on the Friday, and Episode III on the Saturday. However, since then it has been established that we will be attending the BATMAN movie at the Grand16 in Lafayette, at 7:30PM, June 15th. Then it's appitizers and drinks afterwards.

Then, Saturday, 18th of June, we will be in Plano, TX for Episode III in DLP. So far 6 said they wanted to go. The BATMAN thing is planned and done, except for the place to eat. That is still up for debate.

However, we are trying to nail down the plan for the road trip starting first thing, bright and early Saturday morning.

Busy month, aye? :D

7. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    do we need to order our tickets online?

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Want me to post that Swampsurfer?

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Yes. Please do.

10. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    My concern is that the dpl theaters will stop playing SW and start playing Batman, that's all. So far, one theater I checked will still be playing SW. The others were not showing anything yet for next weekend.

11. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Yes. I share that concern. Still, let's keep a close watch and I will send out an eMail as soon as you can aquire tickets via the Internet.

OK. Just called the Cinimark in Plano, TX. They said Internet ticket sales should be available the Tuesday before showtime. So, this Tuesday, click on the link and try to buy your tickets. We need to decide on a time to go. Also, the lady I spoke to said they do not expect a conflict with BATMAN Returns in DLP, because STAR WARS Episode III is doing so well in the DLP theater.

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Yea! ! ! Got my ticket. $9.00 over the Internet. I guess that means I have to go now. Who's with me?

To order your ticket:

Cinemark Legacy CLICK HERE
    7201 Central Exp
    Plano, TX

We will be going to the 7:55 PM showing on Saturday (6/18/2005). Choose that one. :D

14. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    i dont have a credet card so il have to get it whin i get ther.

15. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    got my ticket. how much will the hotel room cost, you know i'm only a college student with hardly no money.

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Don't know yet. Depends on how many we can shove in a room. In the case of wicket_the_ewok having no money; I guess I'm not sleeping on the floor this time. ;)

17. NightForce

NightForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    Sounds great, but am unable to make this meeting also :_| ,Kathy

18. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    since we are going to such a late feature, do we really have to leave that early in the morning? I know it takes 6-7 hours to get there, but i don't think we have to leave at 8 in the morning. leaving around 10 would give us enough time get there and time to spare. but if yall think leaving early is the way to go then i'll go at that time. you never know, there might be a lot of traffic.

19. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    The idea is to get there, check-in, take a nap, then dinner, and the movie. Then stay out late and party!

20. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    so what are the plans for tomorrow swamp?

21. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    As per a conversation with Swampy last night, we are meeting at the Cracker Barrel off of I10 in the morning. I should be there around 8:30 to 8:45. Swampy will be there earlier (before 8) for breakfast. We will leave around 9 which would put us at the hotel close to 4, maybe a little earlier depending stops and traffic. The hotel is right off of the main highway 75 in Plano, and about 10 minutes from the theater. We should be ready to go tomorrow.

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Like Lord_Sidious said, plus he booked a room for us. Two beds / 4 guys / no kinky stuff. wicket_the_ewok better have a sleeping bag and an air mattress wouldn't hurt. :D

Also, I confirmed with crestfallen. He has church obligations and can't make it. So, it will only be 5 of us going. Unless, of course someone supprises us and shows up without posting. Which is more than welcome. Anyway, I'm excited and can't wait!

OH! And I secured a pair of tickets for Soler-Vector and Sarabi_Moon as requested. I will bring print-outs of the confirmation numbers with me.

23. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
  24. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    hey swamp don't forget sidious' shirt. can't wait until tomorrow, see yall then.

25. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm here! You're not. Waitin' on Nabooty_Call to let us know who else from Dallas FanForce will be there. DLP, yea!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.