main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Meeting #18 Minutes 2/29/04

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Meeting #18: February 29, 2004 Hicksville, NY at Broadway Mall food court

Meeting Start 11:15 AM

I - TFN & Fan Force -- Policies and changes in rules were discussed and the future of TFN & Fan force and how it would affect DB516.

II - Events
    -CELEBRATION III (Star Wars official con) Indianapolis, IN, Thurs - Sunday April 21-25 2005 -- The con has been officially announced. Hotel booking begins in April 2004. DB516 may travel there as a group. More to be discussed at future meetings. Starwarscelebration.com
    Book main hotel or alternate is Omni Severne Hotel (317) 634-6664

- EMPIRE CITY FAN FEST CONVENTION April 16-17, 2004 Secaucus NJ -- Planned for group seating at Mark Hamills Q & A session. Discussed ECFF hotel stay details.
    DB516's club participation and table displays will be made available the same as at ICON. Details to be determined by EFF.

- ICON SCI-FI CONVENTION March 26-28, 2004 Stoneybrook Long Island -- Discussed final tasks and list of responsibilities of members at ICON.
    - Planned to attend Icon staff meeting at Stoneybrook U on 3/2/04 at 7 PM to scout out ICON arrangments and Cabaret performance location.
    - Discussed Aerosith: The Star Wars parody band which will perform at ICON's Saturday Night Cabaret show. Rehearsals already in progress, plans were made for a dress rehearsal audition video taping for March 1, 2004.
    -- Planned for fan club table dressings: TV and video player for DB516 highlight slide show, setting schedules of members to man the table, new flyers (mentioning next meetings and new member welcoming meeting), club embrodered patch idea, hotel stay organization.

-- STAR WARS DAY AT HOLLYWOOD VIDEO - Saturday 9/25/04 We will have a costumed event at Hollywood video In Plainview Long Island to celebrate the release of the Original Trilogy on DVD.

III - Meeting locations and dates
    - Unofficial Icon meeting Sunday 3/14/04 (for the purpose of handing in tasks for ICON) Location: StarfromIHJ's house 12 Noon.

-- Next Official meeting #19, Sunday April 4, 2004 at The Broadway Mall in Hicksville at 12 Noon. This will be a special new member greeting meeting which will be promoted at Icon. All new members are encouraged to attend this meeting especially.

--Meeting #20 TBA after Empire fan Fest gathering.

IV -- Website -- Discussed our new web site server space. Plans are to set up a chat room, message boards, and e-mail addresses. Plans were discussed for a complete overhaul of the site with a new look, a photo gallery, email addresses titled for staff postions. We scheduled working on this the next few months. Some will be completed by ICON for club promotion.

V - Finances
    -- Voluntary dues were collected.

Meeting adjourned at 2:00 PM

Minutes taken by MasterSifo-Dyas

2. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Sorry I couldn't make it but I was busy moving this past weekend.I'll try to make your next one.Later

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    No prob. Good luck with the move. --Billy

4. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks Billy,like I said I'll try to make the next one.I should be at ICON at the very least(in my anime costume)so if anything I'll stop by your guys table to say hi if I don't make to your next meeting.Later

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    In the minutes it was posted that:

-- Next Official meeting #19, Sunday April 4, 2004 at The Broadway Mall in Hicksville at 12 Noon. This will be a special new member greeting meeting which will be promoted at Icon. All new members are encouraged to attend this meeting especially.

That happens to be Palm Sunday. Soem of the members have suggested that we move this to Saturday April 3, 2004. If anyone is opposed to that let me know. --Billy

6. Orion-TC2894

Orion-TC2894 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2003
    uhh anypossibility for that saturday instead of sunday march 13... see sunday is cats birthday and cat will be very very very drunk. cat turns 21. uh if not i guess i can pospone drinking untill like later. ill help out at icon. i cant watch the table but ill wear a billboard. hehe.. no ill watch the table for a bit and ill help advertise... ive become very LOUD since yall last saw me.

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Cat Happy birthday. How many years is that in clone trooper years? :)
    Concerning the meeting on March 14: Were only meeting up (most likely at Dana's house) so everybody can drop off their tasks for the ICON table for me to take in my car for setting up at Icon.
    Since we'll only be there for a short time and you dont have anything you need to drop off, remember like we did last year, no need for you to come all that way.
    Plus, most of us can't make Saturdays.
    But the next official meeting is on a Saturday April 3, 2004. Keep that day free.
    See ya at ICON. --Billy

8. Orion-TC2894

Orion-TC2894 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2003
    well conles age 7 times faster right so id be hey wait id be 3 not cool. i want my blankie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.